Chapter 85- Preparation and unawareness?
688 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[It has been recorded that near Somalia a giant creature has begun flaring a hole in the surface. Due to some uncertain reasons, no clear evidence of what kind of creature is responsible for such terrifying quakes, and shockingly nothing was able to walk past a certain distance toward the calamity as well. Like a barrier was erected around the phenomenon. S-rank hunter Aria-]

***CLICK**

Kaori switched off the TV since this has been going on for three days already yet people haven't learned, how helpless they were in this situation. Nothing massive has transpired until now, except for the eventual tremors all over the globe yet what they couldn't understand, everyone regards it as a danger.

"You ready?"

Tightening the strap of the holder hanging on her waist, the General of Vanguards asked toward the others present inside the room, carrying varying emotions.

"Never have been more."

Replied the Vampire princess as she strengthened her back and enveloped her arms with the gauntlet her husband has gifted her some time ago.

"Are you nervous?"

This time Kaori directed her gaze toward her baby brother who seemed unusually fidgety and profoundly nervous despite trying hard to not show it upfront.

Hearing her call, Ryuuta nodded before assuring, "Yeah. Thanks for the advice though..."

To save himself from the embarrassment of clattering teeth, Kaori told him to bite on a bullet which was helping Ryuuta quite a lot.

(A/N: - Got the ref?)

Kaori smiled before her expression morphed back to how she usually seem to the outside world. She was asked to investigate this sudden calamity a.k Kei, but Kaori always has and always could go against orders regardless of who is the one giving them.

After checking herself all over again, she exited the chamber and walked toward the arena built just after the office room.

As her vision cleared, what greeted the General was a group of twelve special people Kei has himself trained and equipped and left in Kaori's command.

Except for Hana, Sayaka, and Aoi, everyone else was on par with Kaori, and two of them were even stronger than her. Strangely, they didn't seem arrogant and unwilling to work under her whatsoever, signifying how good a connection Kei has with his students.

Kaori looked at the battalion with her cold hazelnut eyes, observing the seriousness each one of them was carrying, which was a good sign considering their assignment.

"All of us know our job and that is to guard Kei until he is done revolutionizing this planet and then escort him to safety. Since the area is under supervision we would remain in the shadows for the time being. Remember, our priority lies in Kei's protection when he returns. We don't know our enemy but with enough determination, I assure you, this is nothing we could not achieve."

Her words held authority and the flames of motivation, instantly charging the group just through her words.

Not every one of them was used to being commanded yet Kaori's speech didn't let them feel like she was proving her dominance or anything. She was sticking to the motive of why this group had formed, and the others could only care about that whatsoever.

Sayaka had a hard time remaining poker-faced as her legs were going shaky with those flames Kaori's gaze radiated and the inspiring speech she dictated. Sayaka was this close to going all fan girl over the commander.

"Any questions?" Upon being allowed one of the girls with navy blue hair and aquamarine eyes raised her hand toward which Kaori nodded for the girl to speak out her curiosity.

"What would we do if authorities came between the battle?"

It was something that most of them conflicted about. Not all of them were human so they have a clear goal to exterminate whatever compromises their master's safety. But those who belong to this same realm could not go on a rampage against their own kind.

It was necessary to have the same line of thoughts for all the members of this special operation since during the battle crossing each other's path or worst, going against comrades would be the last thing Kaori would like to see.

Kaori didn't contemplate much before she responded without wavering even once.

"If what Kei has told us then once they see what kind of prowess our enemy holds no one would land their hand in the hell hole. But if by chance someone does come in our way..."

There was a subtle killing intent that everyone felt oozing out of the commander as with a smirk she spoke her intentions out.

"...We would stop at nothing and protect Kei with all we got."

******

One of the members, the elven girl Mira Airi, was proficient in barrier and healing magic. From the human compass, she exceeds the S-rank criteria thus her barriers were unnoticeable for any present hunter on Earth until they don't attack the barrier by chance.

Once the barrier was chanted and some protective chants were prayed to ensure the camp, all the members got some moments to relax until they have time.

They have to begin patrolling the area starting tonight so Kaori told them to get comfortable in their respective tents they were sharing with one other comrade.

Kaori and Karen were still on guard while others let their nerves cool down for a bit.

Ryuuta naturally was surrounded by his teammates inside his tent. The guy Ryuuta sharing his tent with was sensible enough to leave the place and join others to give Ryuuta and his company some personal space.

"Ryuu-kun, do you know anything about our enemy? I am suuuuuuper nervous you see."

The way Sayaka whined and hugged his neck closely while occupying Ryuuta's lap said otherwise. Hana and Aoki had already made a truce for the time being and had compromised for a later period.

Ryuuta seemed as always slightly uncomfortable by the intimacy but by now he had also gotten used to such gestures. It would be a lie to say that he by now didn't understand the feelings of his comrades toward him.

Thanks to a certain bastard Ryuuta no longer kept being dense toward them but Ryuuta decided to confront these three and reciprocate their feelings once this matter settles down.

"I have no clue. I did try asking Kei about it but he just said, to be wary of everything which appears hostile. Nothing would go well if we even for a second underestimate our enemy and let our impulses take over. Kei was pretty serious at that time...so we better follow orders of General and do our best."

All the other three silently nodded, realizing the severity of the matter.

If someone so powerful such as Kei was warning Ryuuta regarding the possible foes then it must be a hazard they might be facing.

But little did they or even Kei think that no one but the apostle of Darkness would actually have resurrected themselves and were on their way to land a massive blow to humanity and snatch something precious from the nemesis of their lord....

*****

A/N: - Drop a comment~

Someone is about to.........

14