Chapter 91- Long story…
588 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The previously aggressive atmosphere around the three ladies, which made the battalion sure that another battle was on the way, suddenly dismissed just after a new arrival made his presence clear to them.

In his regular human form, Kei was descending toward the ground with his eyes trained toward his helpless wives who doesn't know the word restraint at all.

Yuna's fierce aura suddenly subdued as like a tamed and obedient wife she dashed toward her husband.

"Kei, you returned. I am glad to see that you are fine."

People gasped at how distinct this lady seemed from that one who was mocking the pig head beast some minutes ago. All the pride and arrogance she has portrayed, and rightfully she did so, was nowhere to be seen.

In place of a prideful goddess what everyone could perceive at the moment was a diligent pet, waiting to be praised by her master.

Of course, no one was going to say that...

"You did well, in my absence Yuna. However, please think twice about whom you should harm, alright?"

Kei clearly felt some amount of killing intent from the three and he would say the same thing to Karen and Kaori as well.

Despite not being at her full strength because of being away from her homeworld, Yuna's mere aura was enough to kill everyone present here except for Kei. And this was the reason why Kei was skeptical about bringing Yuna to this realm in the first place.

"I am sorry..." Yuna's eyes drooped a little as she muttered under her weak breath.

Seeing the beautiful maiden being so sad, many from the audience sighed in admiration. Seriously, each of her expressions was worth a picture for billions.

Kei also sighed before a smile spread on his lips as he brought his hand over her head.

"It's alright. Don't do it again."

With a blush dying her pale cheeks with a healthy red color, Yuna nodded slightly, as she enjoyed the warmth of her beloved.

Kei's eyes shifted toward Karen and Kaori when he found the latter was no longer there and Karen was making her way toward him.

"You shouldn't tire yourself anymore. Let's go somewhere safe first."

Karen advised which made Kei cease the words he was about to voice out.

Since he indeed was too exhausted Kei complied with her words and while helping others Kei began walking toward the campsite.

Thanks to Yuna and the barrier she has created, no organization or government would be able to disturb them for a while. For the world, this region was plucked out of reality.

"Where's Kaori? Did you see her?"

As Kei helped Ryuuta he asked the guy who in return snorted disdainfully.

"I am practically in tatters and you are worried for her?"

Kei replied with a sneaker of his own, "I bet you must have gotten too excited and jumped on the battlefield only to get your ass rescued by someone afterward."

Hearing the words, Ryuuta suspected that Kei was watching them all the time but that was entirely impossible since he was in the middle of the earth, doing his thing.

Kei shook his head with a chuckle only for Ryuuta to crash his elbow in the bastard's ribs.

But before even Kei could react, a heavy aura made Ryuuta shiver from toe to head. His feet didn't come to a halt but the fear indeed made him scared shitless.

"Yuna...didn't I say something earlier."

The ominous aura suddenly disappeared as Ryuuta sighed in major relief.

Side-glancing at the woman who was now all smiles, Ryuuta whispered to his friend.

"Isn't she a little too protective? What spell do you have bound her in?"

Kei dryly chuckled at that, "It's a long story."

****

Returning to the camp, Kei asked Yuna to cast another barrier around the site which she immediately did.

Kei was not in the state to heal anyone and Yuna was no good either in that branch so it was all left for the healers in the group. Fortunately, no one died and those who were in critical situations were also brought back to stability.

Karen was exhausted enough that she fell unconscious just after relaxing a bit in Kei's arms.

"You did great." Kissing her forehead, Kei laid the girl in a comforter before exiting the tent. Seriously, he could thank Lady Fortune who didn't let anyone perish in the war.

"Kei."

"Give me some time Yuna. For now, can you take the role of patrolling around the perimeter?"

Yuna narrowed her gaze since she very well knew where her husband was going but since she would get her alone with Kei as well, she didn't complain and with a nod, walked away.

Kei went through the whole camp, asking whether someone wanted assistance and checking on their status.

"It's okay, Kei. You should rest. We have got this."

Aoi replied with an assuring smile. Since she didn't have to actually fight much on the battlefield she was actively helping out others.

Kei nodded gratefully before his steps made his way toward the only tent which he have yet to check. The only person who has yet to talk to him after he woke up.

*Dha* *Dhak*

Kei could hear something hitting a wooden surface as he slowly made his way inside only to see Kaori currently practicing her combat techniques on a thick wooden board.

"Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Ah, Kei..." Her body came to an immediate pause before the girl turned to look at him.

Kaori thought Kei might be resting right now, given what kind of change he has brought for everyone so to see him here made her greatly astonished.

Kei's eyes went toward her bleeding knuckles before he wordlessly advanced toward the girl.

"Are you angry with me?" Kei asked as he gently picked up her once beautiful hand which was now covered with blood and bruises.

Hearing his words, and feeling the warm sensation spreading over her skin, healing her wounds, Kaori's gaze dropped toward the ground.

"More like...I am annoyed at myself...for being so weak. And to think you already knew we would lose that's why you brought that dragon girl beforehand...makes me even more frustrated at myself."

It was true that on Kei's request, Yuna has been living in this domain for some time now so she could interfere in the battle if the apostles shows up, which they surely did.

And from Kaori's perspective, Kei could understand why she was feeling this way.

Her pride as a warrior was wounded.

Kei cupped her cheeks to make his stupid childhood friend look at him before he scolded her in a gentle tone, "Don't be ridiculous Kaori. Despite living in a world that has only reached its first phase, you were able to go against those many troops. Even many Vampires would have lost their will to fight just by gazing at those numbers yet not only you kept the fighting spirit amongst your comrades ignited but you held our side along with Karen until the end. So don't even think of yourself as a weakling. You got that? "

The way he spoke...those words signified that Kei was mad at her.

Kaori had her eyes widened slightly since it might be the first time she got scolded by Kei and for some reason...she felt like crying.

It has been so...so long since Kaori has cried and when it was the person whom she loves and trusts more than even god, then Kaori had no problem in wailing out all her grief.

****

A/N: - Drop a comment~

10