Chapter 94- How and why?
1.6k 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is Darkness? Darkness could be anything. Either it could be a particular region without a source of illumination or the darkness one preserves in their inside and pretends to be someone else.

However, the Darkness which ruled over the world and created differences between the societies and brought up the concept of 'Realm' for the first time, was not just a mere emotion or a sentinel being. Darkness was an integral part of the society, however with its own distinctive motive.

A motive that could scare someone if regarded as a plan yet when the Darkness was on its way to create the differences between the societies, people used to feel Darkness as a new perception. They thought, there was nothing unusual to think about themselves as superior to others and that led to the feeling of supremacy.

The world which the first Dragon Emperor or famously known as the God of all Dragons created, was left in shambles since everyone began to separate themselves from the unified society and create their own realm.

Just a being with evil motives who in the beginning was nothing but a thought, was able to create the difference which many powerful beings previously failed to create.

And the effect Darkness left behind was still being carried on through generations.

Now that the most pristine form of evil was sealed, the seven apostles, or whatever they call themselves had taken the mantle to resurrect their liege and bring this world back into nothingness. From where it all started.

Resurrection would require a special ritual and for that, the apostle of darkness would need to acquire rule over all the realms. And since Kei was the guardian of all the realms, the apostle wished to remove the biggest obstacle firsthand.

And they have lost their golden opportunity, thanks to Yuna's intervention.

**

"Ummm...can I ask something? " Every gaze turned in the direction of Hana as she raised her hand and immediately dropped to her side upon feeling the glare of Kaori and Yuna for interrupting Kei.

However, the person being interrupted didn't look bothered before he nodded for Hana to continue.

Despite hesitantly, the redhead spoke in an unusually sheepish tone, "Umm...as you said, the apostles we faced weren't the strongest right? Then if they knew their archrival, that is you, would be weakened after the evolution...then why didn't the strongest or each one of them attack at once?"

This was something some others were thinking of but they thought of asking after Kei finishes his story.

Yuna and Kaori retracted their gaze back at Kei as the latter once again spoke up, "Before that, I would like to ask, what do you guys know about the dimensional door we open to travel to other realms?"

It was Kaori who answered, "They are portals that connect two realms by creating a bridge in the cross-dimensional passage. It takes immense mana to form the portal and maintain it since if the portal closes and someone gets stuck in between, then they would be lost forever in the Infinity. And about its activation then it takes a special ritual to be performed before one could create a portal. A little disturbance and mistake in the ritual would throw you anywhere or sometimes devastating destruction because of mana overload may also occur. "

Everyone was amazed except for Yuna since the human beings were the least knowledgeable about dimensional portals and since they never had such a vast amount of magical essence to form the ritual, it was given they would be oblivion about most of the things related to portals. However, Kaori has somehow gathered enough information to deliver an impressive explanation.

Kei's proud look made Kaori's ears red but she maintained an indifferent facade in front of her comrades.

"Right, as just she said, it takes a whole lot of mana to form a portal to transport to the upper realms. The higher realm one desires to jump to, the more magical essence would be required. But there's a way to restrict a realm to allow any other world from interfering. Like a set of wards that disallow any intruder to enter a specific domain. And those Apostles just created the barrier around the world to restrict anyone from assisting humans. "

Everyone knew that for some reason no one would be able to open the teleport when Kei was deep inside the core of Earth. If not for Yuna already being in this realm and having concealed her powers, then no one would have survived in this realm.

"The said wards could be created through different means, however, there's a shortcoming of those wards and that is their inability to withstand pressure. In summary, if there are a lot of singularities with the same kind of energy with which the wards were created then the case of overload might occur, and the same symptoms that Kaori listed upon failure of rituals may incur. That was why neither the strongest apostle, the Sin of Pride nor the true fragment of chaos army descended to claim this world. " Kei left things in the explanation which would have bounced over their head.

As Kei finished, only Yuna seemed to be frowning since everyone else was purely amazed or shocked by the revelation. It wasn't long before someone from the battalion asked, "Not even a fragment of the army...? "

Everyone present here has seen the devastating numbers of beasts and warriors with whom they had fought for days and nights before the conclusion drew near and Yuna delivered the finishing blow.

However, Kei's following words provided a much-needed reality check to others, "The real army of chaos is vast enough to engulf this planet three times over, and each of them above C rank. The general ranked demons rank above S and the apostles you guys faced were probably SSS. The highest-ranking apostles are way above them...well, you guys don't need to worry about them since I would wreck them clean once I get back to my full power. "

How simply Kei described those ranks and confidently announced to annihilating them, with that big smile spread on his lips, made many shivers in a fret.

Sometimes, how lenient and easygoing Kei generally remains, makes many forget what kind of entity this smiling young man was.

****

A/N: - Now, it's trip time. A lot of fluff and some power flexing in front of his wives.

Drop a comment if you guys are excited.

7