Chapter 7 – A Pinch of Chaos
145 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Trigger Warning!] [NSFW]

I’m so thirsty!

She jumped out of bed and made her way to the kitchen for a glass of water. She couldn’t get last night's events out of her head, had she really been wrong? Her gut told her that something was definitely off with that weirdo and her gut had always been right. He could have easily killed all of them with the strength and calmness he displayed. Why didn’t he? It was no use thinking about it now.

“Did you miss me?”

It was him!

“Fuck you!”

“Gladly.”

Before she could process what he meant her pajamas had been ripped off and she could feel a warm body pressing against her naked lower half. But despite the intense warmth her entire body was grasped by a cold chill that threatened to freeze her, her lungs could barely function, and her head was spinning.

No! Stop!

“Stop!”

She knew exactly what was going to happen next. She felt his disgusting thing slowly weaseling its way inside, every inch it crept was another piece of herself brutally ripped away. Tears poured from her eyes as if a pipe had burst and her mind was completely torn to shreds. Control over her body seemed to have been given to her captor.

She had to die! Before he could toy with her anymore she had to die! She mustered what remained of her strength and prepared to bite her tongue. Before she could fully bite down she felt an impact on her face and everything went black.

“Ally! Wake up Ally!”

I’m not dead?

So it was only a nightmare. She opened her eyes and saw Alisa sitting on top of her.

“What are you doing Alisa?”

Instead of giving her an answer her cheeky sister tightly embraced her and broke down into sobs. As they lay in each other’s embrace the door was pushed open and their mother walked in.

“What happened!”

“Ally- hic, had a- hic, nightmare!”

“Are you okay Allison?”

“Its fine, I’m okay”

Upon further inspection she found that she was not okay, her face was covered in tears and her body drenched in sweat. Why would she have that kind of nightmare? It felt so realistic. Her body started trembling as she recalled what happened and she felt the strength in her body abandon her.

Don’t think about it!

Don’t think about it!

Don’t think about it!

Her strength slowly returned and she regained her focus.

“Get out of bed and let’s eat, take a sick day if you can’t handle it Ally.”

“No, I’m fine”

She got out of bed and cautiously walked to the kitchen for a cup of water. The rest of her family soon joined her and they ate their breakfast in silence. She quickly finished her meal and got ready for her shift, as she exited the house she heard her mothers voice.

“Take care of yourself!”

“I will!”

On her way to the station she received a call from Andrew.

“What’s up?”

“Didn’t you hear?”

“Hear what?”

“They caught the guy!”

“What?”

“The guy who killed the police officer and his family!”

“Who was it?”

“Just come to the station, we already have him in custody.”

Did they already catch him? She couldn’t wait to give him what he deserved, that disgusting bastard!

“This is him?”

“Who else could it be?”

The man in front of her was most definitely not Vaun. The last time she checked Vaun wasn’t black or bald.

“Are you sure this is the guy?”

“He had the exact same car with the exact same license plates and all the tools covered with their blood were found in his trunk. The blood is still being tested but I’m sure it’s him.”

“What if someone framed him?”

“Uh… I didn’t think about that part. For now he’s our biggest suspect.”

The more she thought about it the more she felt it wasn’t him. The murderer would not get caught that easily. He was able to easily vanish from camera detection and mislead them with different license plates, it was possible that he had thrown out a random gang to misdirect them as well. Planting evidence was probably a piece of cake to him. There was no way the person in their custody was the murderer.

“Let’s go”

She entered the cruiser with Andrew and they began their daily routine.

“Any available officers head to the intersection at Parkway and Fell a shooting has been reported, I repeat a shooting has been reported.”

Andrew picked up the radio and spoke.

“We’ll go.”

The siren blared and the two of them sped away.

When they arrived at the scene it was filled with ambulances and squad cars. They moved past the yellow tape and found three bodies sprawled about. She carefully observed each of their wounds. One had a singular wound to the side of the head and the other two were shot in the back before being finished off with a carefully aimed shot to the back of the head. She recreated the scene in her head.

Based on the distance of separation they had probably been grouped together when they were shot at. The shooter was side by side with the first victim and had shot him point blank, the second one was looking at something else when he had been shot, and the third was running away when he got shot in the back. She went to a nearby officer and asked.

“Do we have any description of who did this?”

“Most of the witnesses say it was a guy dressed in all purple. There’s a fourth victim, he was found in an alley with gunshot wounds.”

She and Andrew stared at each other and came to a silent conclusion.

“I told you!”

“Ok fine! Then who could it be?”

“Well… I’m not a hundred percent sure but there’s this odd guy that visited my family last night and-”

“Did he hurt you? Are you okay? Blink twice if your family is being held hostage! Actually wait, what if he’s-”

“Shut up! He didn’t do anything. But he was crazy strong and when I stabbed him he didn’t react at all.”

“You stabbed him!? Ally!”

“Hear me out. When I saw the news about the massacre I ran outside to go to the police station and guess what I saw?”

“An alien!”

“No you idiot. I saw a red sedan with the exact same model as in the picture.”

“Wait…”

“That wasn’t it. He only visited that day to check up on my missing sister that he found on the very same day. We never told him our address so how did he find us? Then when I went inside I saw him trying to grab my sister's neck.”

“And then you stabbed him.”

“Yes.”

“Ally?”

“Yes?”

“Have you been taking drugs? Not that I-”

“I’m serious! He was crazy strong! He pinned me down like I was a child even after getting stabbed!”

“…Now this is serious. Even the instructor can’t beat you.”

“See!”

“Well, I’m too hungry to think. Let’s talk while we eat.”

“This is dispatch. A potential hostage situation has been reported at the bar by the Midwell Complexes. Don’t alert them to your presence!”

***

Today I didn’t take my car, instead I decided to figure out my new capabilities. I started at a brisk jog and slowly increased my speed, even at a jog I was significantly faster. At a sprint I was able to move at roughly twice the speed I was capable of normally. It felt like an invisible weight had been removed, similar to the feeling of removing a set of heavy gear after a long day.

Better than being able to move faster was the increased endurance I now had, even the strongest being in the world was useless if it couldn’t move. It was difficult to measure how much my endurance had improved but at the very least I could sprint without immediately collapsing from exhaustion. I wonder what else is better now?

Can I see better? I can! I didn’t notice it earlier but now that I'm paying attention to it I can discern what I’m seeing from a further distance, like putting on a pair of glasses after suffering from mild blindness. How about my ears? Similar to my eyes, sounds had only become clearer. How about smell? This was the only one I didn’t want to be enhanced, I didn’t want to be able to smell musty, crusty, dusty men better, or rancid garbage that was transforming into biological weaponry.

I sniffed around me and found a trail of perfume, I could tell which direction it was headed and could even smell a faint body odor hidden beneath it. Maybe it wasn’t so bad to be able to smell better after all, if dogs could smell emotions maybe I could too. There were too many things I had to test, I would just have to figure it out as I went. So as to not draw too much attention I returned to a leisurely jog and slowly made my way to the hangout.

I recalled the behaviors and actions I had seen the gang members display and tried to get myself familiar with them. When I got to the spot there were only four members gathered around, far less than yesterday. Has something interesting happened? I penetrated their group and quickly greeted all of them.

“Where everyone at?”

After I asked they all shot me weird looks.

“My bad, my phone got broken. What’s going on?”

“Fuck you mean what’s going on? Shit’s fucked right now! The feds is on our ass!”

“Why we ain’t running then?”

“Cause boss wants everyone to meet at the spot.”

I looked up and noticed something headed towards us.

“Ayo, do we know them?”

As everyone turned around to look I pulled out the pistol and flipped the safety off before pressing it into the skull of the guy closest to me and shooting.

Bang!

As they were momentarily stunned and deafened I turned the gun to the next closest member and rapidly fired into his back.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

After he collapsed I turned to the bigger of the two that remained and shot until he fell. The only one left had begun to run but I quickly got behind him and kicked the back of his knee, using the momentum of his fall I pushed his head into the ground and mounted him then banged the butt of the pistol into the back of his head a few times until I felt him go limp. I went back to the other two and blasted their skulls open before checking their waistbands for weapons. After patting them down I had added two handguns to my arsenal.

I returned to my unconscious informant and stomped the back of his head for good measure before picking him up and getting into an empty alley. I put him down and checked his body for anything of interest. Luckily I found what I needed- car keys, I also took his phone and powered it off before removing the battery. I slapped him consistently for nearly a whole minute before he woke up. I pointed my gun at him and prepped my tongue for warfare.

“Don’t kill me!”

“Relax, I don’t want to kill you. Where’s the meeting spot?”

“It’s the bar next to the complexes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Yes! Please don’t shoot man!”

“I feel like you are lying to me.”

After saying that I rubbed my finger on the trigger.

“I'm not man! I'm not lying!”

“Alright, I believe you.”

I dropped the gun to my side and crouched down to look at him eye to eye.

“I know this is a lot to ask but I also need your car, where is it?”

“It’s parked back where we met, it’s the gray sedan. Can I go now?”

“Go ahead, I don’t ever want to see you again, got it?”

“Yeah man.”

He quickly got to his feet and started running away. I carefully aimed down the sights and shot him in the back. He slid into the floor and struggled to get up. I shot again and watched him kiss the ground. I walked over and carefully planted a bullet into his brain. That went better than expected, I’m surprised that I managed to hit all my shots. Maybe that was also part of the new enhancements I had received.

I quickly ran back to where we first met and found the gray sedan. Seeing as I managed to unlock and start the car it seemed he had not lied to me. I casually drove off and slowly returned to my home. A solid chunk of time later I had gotten home, I went inside and found Elaine in the kitchen cooking. I peered over her shoulder and saw beef in the pan as well as multiple seasonings on the counter. Was she trying to make the stir fried beef I made yesterday?

“What are you cooking?”

“Ah! When did you get here!”

“Who knows? Maybe I never left at all.”

“…”

“Are you trying to make the beef I made yesterday? It won’t taste the same because you are missing a special ingredient.”

“What?”

I cupped my hands together and made a heart.

“Love.”

“Pfft, as if.”

“No, what you really forgot was MSG, the king of flavor.”

“Isn’t that bad for you?”

“Who cares? What’s the point of living if you can’t eat delicious food? Plus it’s not bad for you anyways, at least I haven’t died yet.”

I opened the cupboard and pulled out some MSG before gently sprinkling it on the beef and stirring. I grabbed a piece of beef with chopsticks and tasted it, it was nearly identical to what I had made. This cat girl was pretty good at cooking, it only took her a single time to learn how to cook my dish. In my defense there were only three ingredients and a few seasonings. I got two plates and scooped large portions into both.

“Don’t eat yet, go grab some scallions from the fridge and cut them.”

While she rinsed and cut the scallions I got four eggs from the fridge and fried them over-easy. Once they were ready I plated them with the beef and sprinkled the chopped scallion over them. Now for the important part, rice. I scooped a medium portion for each of us and set it down on the table.

“Alright, let’s eat!”

She dug into her meal while I quickly shoved everything into my gullet. Normally I would take my time to enjoy the meal but today I had a lot planned. I soon finished my meal and got up.

“You’ve got the dishes, I need to go do something.”

“Hey-!”

Before she could finish I slid down the stairs into the basement and grabbed one of the barrels and dragged it upstairs. One by one I shoved each of them into my new car. As I was dragging the last barrel I was interrupted by Elaine, curiosity really does kill the cat.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m delivering construction materials.”

“You’re a construction worker?”

“No. I’m more of a guy who does odd jobs for money.”

“Oh… ok.”

“Did you finish washing the dishes?”

“Uh…”

She scampered back to the kitchen and I shoved the last barrel into the car. I packed a few bottles of cooking oil into my car and took some matches then drove to the location the rat had given me and surveyed the area. Judging by the number of cars parked outside there were too many for me to kill with the amount of bullets I had. I guess I had to use my brain again. I used the stolen phone to call the police.

“This is nine-one-one, what’s your emergency?”

“I found the meeting spot of the gang from the family massacre video, they are all gathered and I think they are planning to do something.”

“Is this a prank? You-”

“This is not a prank, they are at the bar by the Midwell Complexes! They’ve got a bunch of hostages at gunpoint and are bringing more in! Please send undercover police! If they find out the police are coming they might kill everyone! Fuck, they saw me!”

I put the phone in my pocket without hanging up and enacted the next part of my plan. I drove around the bar and found the parking lot then planted the car. I grabbed all the oil and transported it inside quietly. Inside there were thirty to forty members huddled in a circle and only one voice could be heard.

“-Never existed. We don’t know each other. Don’t wear purple anymore, just use the signals. The feds are on our ass and somebody wants us gone.”

As I listened to him speak I discreetly poured oil around the entrance and slid two of the bottles to opposite sides of the bar after uncapping them, making sure that they each left a trail of oil.

“Don’t give anyone any reasons. That’s it, everyone go home.”

Fuck, what awful timing. I hastily pulled out the matches and tossed it onto the oil then pulled out both of the new pistols and shot wildly into the crowd sweeping from side to side. Within seconds both guns were empty and multiple gang members were strewn about on the floor. I tossed the empty guns and the phone in their general direction and sprinted out of the bar. By now both the fire and gunfire had erupted.

None of the bullets could hit me because I had already placed the bars wall behind me but if they weren’t stupid a few would have gone out of the other exits and would soon be feeding me lead. The path ahead of me was filled with numerous bullet blocking obstacles, also known as houses, and I was only getting faster as I ran. I was getting faster as I ran? My speed had clearly increased from this morning but I had not yet consumed any human flesh today. I was about… forty percent, fifty percent? Faster than this morning.

The only things I had done today were cook, kill people, and kill people by cooking them. Hmm… there was one common factor between all of them. I had killed someone in each of them except cooking. Was killing what made me stronger? That was a bit disappointing, it was much better to be able to grow stronger by eating people. I’d have to do some tests later. By now the gang members had lost me and police sirens were rapidly approaching, hopefully they could do their jobs properly.

[Writers Note - If all the evidence makes sense then surely they are the perpetrator right? Right? Surely, no one would ever be able to perfectly frame someone. For all of our sakes let’s believe that’s the truth, because the alternative isn’t very pleasant.
 
Also, we had to rewrite this chapter because we felt that seeing all the destruction we caused first and then seeing how we did it is more interesting. Originally it was the opposite way around, but we didn’t like how it was just repeating the same thing twice. By simply switching the order we were able to make you much more curious on what the hell we did.
 
We wonder though, how do we gain power?

Cheeky Note From Scumbag Writer - There are a very large amount of unreleased chapters on our patreon as well as other fun stuff, check it out if you want.]

2