Chunin Exam Part 1
615 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, is this the place where the first exam is going to be held?” Jeme curiously looked around and saw several kids walking toward the third floor.

Two kids were standing in front of the door like guards. Just when they arrived, they saw several people passing through the doors.

“Let’s go!” Okinawa excitedly walked at the front as they continued. But suddenly, Murasaki puts his hand on excited Okinawa and pulls him.

“Stand down! Can’t you see that we are inside a Genjutsu? Let me unite it first!”

Without wasting any time, Murasaki released the Genjutsu and two guards standing in front of the door also changed from kids to adults.

“Incredible! I never imagined there would people who can forcefully break this Genjutsu in this Chunin Exam.” One of the guards stared at Murasaki with shock in his eyes

Pulling yourself out of the Genjutsu and breaking the entire Genjutsu are two different tasks with different difficulty levels. So, it was hard to imagine that Murasaki was able to do that.

“If I remember correctly, he was previously a member of Kurenai’s Team and later joined Genma’s team. The Strongest Genjutsu User in Genin rank, Kurama Murasaki.” Another guard stared at him with a serious expression.

The genin in this year could no longer be counted as Genin. If they wanted to participate, they could become Chunin a year ago. But for some reason, fifteen Genins never participated in the Chunin Exam.

And, these two years, Chunin Exam has been held four times.

“Well, it seems like your Genjutsu control has improved a lot.” Menma patted his shoulder and spoke with a smile on his face.

“Of course, I never slacked off in my practice.” Murasaki proudly puts his hand on his chest and spoke but suddenly, he remembered something and his expression turned bitter.

“But even so, it couldn’t be put into a Genjutsu.”

Menma shook his head and said.

“If you were making your Genjutsu stronger, I have been making my Genjutsu Resistance stronger. So, you don’t have to compare it to me.”

“Yeah! Yeah! Murasaki, when did your guts grow so much that you started comparing yourself to Menma?” Okinawa puts his arm around Murasaki and asked.

Hearing his words, Murasaki got speechless.

“Humph! Do you think everyone is a coward like you?” Jeme stared at Okinawa and snorted.

“You girl, what’s with your attitude? I am talking to Murasaki, not you.” Seeing her attitude, Okinawa pulled his hand and shouted at Jeme.

“You bastard! What did you just say?” Jeme clenched her fist as if she was about to lose her cool. There was a trace of anger in her eyes but this anger seemed a bit funny.

“Hey, what happened between these two?” Menma pulled Murasaki and curiously asked.

“I don’t know how to explain. Anyway, they fight like babies every single time. You don’t know how hard it has been for me.” Murasaki sighed with a bitter expression.

“Although I noticed something during these days, I didn’t think it was this bad.” Menma touched his chin and finally decided to interfere in their battle.

“Hey, we still have a Chunin Exam to go through. Don’t waste your time!”

Only after hearing his words, both of them turned silent but there was a lightning bolt sparkling between their eyes. Seeing this, Murasaki bitterly smiled.

“What the fuck was I doing all this time?”

He shook his head and understood the gap between him and Menma. It wasn’t the gap of strength but rather just how much they believe in him and willing to listen to him.

After he spoke, they finally passed through the door and saw Genma standing outside the Exam room.

Seeing them, Genma smiled and said.

“I knew such a difficulty would be nothing to you guys. Anyway, hurry up and enter the classroom. Ibiki will arrive at any time soon.”

Whoosh!

Saying so, he instantly disappeared using the Body Flicker Jutsu.

“Then, shall we?” Menma turned around and asked.

“Hehe! I can’t hold back my excitement.” Okinawa laughed like an idiot.

“I have been waiting for this. I will finally prove to my family that we can just as be good as other top-level clans.” Jeme clenched her fists and spoke.

“Anyway, since we are already here, we can’t turn around, can we?” Murasaki smiled and finally, four of them opened the door and walked in.

Bang!

Just when they walked in, they saw a shinobi from Sound Village attacking a shinobi from Konoha. As for how they identify them? It was simple since all of them were wearing a headband from their respective village.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! We just arrived and there is already a battle.” Okinawa spoke with an exaggerated expression on his face.

“Tch! As a shinobi of Konoha, isn’t it shameful to be attacked by other villages' shinobi so easily?” Jeme saw the shinobi from Konoha village coughing out blood so she couldn’t stop herself from ridiculing that man.

“But, it is quite courageous for you to attack another shinobi especially when you are not in your village. Don’t you think so?” Murasaki raised his right hand and lifted his index and middle finger.

Just when he was going to use illusion, Menma puts his hand on Murasaki and says.

“It’s okay. Everyone is excited to face each other. Why not save it till the exam officially begins?”

When he said that, the Genins from Sound Village angrily stared at him. They were ready to counter Murasaki at any moment but seeing Menma stop him, they got violent.

Poof!

“That’s right! If you want to fight, wait till the exam officially starts. Otherwise don’t blame me for kicking you out.”

Suddenly, smoke appeared behind them and dozens of people appeared.

A middle-aged man with scars on his face started at the shinobi from Sound Village and said.

“My name is Morino Ibiki, the examiner for the first Exam of Chunin Selection Exam. Hidden Sound Village, if you don’t stop whatever you are doing, be ready to fail the exam before even it starts.”

Hearing his words, those from Sound Village stopped doing whatever they wanted to do and went to their seats.

“So, where do we sit?”

Okinawa looked at Menma and asked with curiosity.

And, Menma looked at Ibiki.

Ibiki pointed their seats and they were separated from each other. Naruto and other Genin wanted to talk to Menma but they couldn’t get the opportunity to do so.

“Now, let’s start the exam. But before we do that, let me make the rules clear!”

Saying so, Ibiki started explaining the rules. It was no different than in the original. And, after that, the exam also started. It was also the same as the original except this time, there were some differences.

The main difference was in Naruto himself.

In the original, Naruto couldn’t write anything at all. Without knowing how to cheat properly, he couldn’t even find the answers.

But right now, Naruto was vigorously writing. Although he couldn’t solve all of them, he could at least write a few.

That being said, Naruto was still Naruto. Even though he could write a few, those weren’t enough to pass the exam and soon, he started freaking out.

Of course, after the time for the ninth question passed, it was time for the tenth question. And, while Naruto was freaking out, Ibiki asked the final question and also explained its rule.

Of course, he didn’t actually ask the final question but rather stated the rules first. And, this freaked out many people. Because if they fail to answer, they will never get a chance to become Chunin ever again.

And, this question made Naruto say his famous line by slapping his hand on the desk except it was slightly changed.

“Don’t underestimate the Genin of Konoha! Even if I remain Genin for the rest of my life, I will become someone who can kick Kage to death.”

Hearing his words, everyone looked at him with astonished expressions.

‘Does he even know what it means to kick Kage to death?’

Unlike others, Menma had a different reaction.

“Hahaha! That’s right, Naruto. Konoha Jōnin sends kill to the enemy, and Konoha Genin brings the army down. Don’t underestimate the Genin of Konoha!”

Hearing his words, the astonished expression on everyone’s faces changed. While Menma was praising Konoha’s Genin, at the same time, he was also insulting Konoha Jōnin.

“Is that so? Then, it doesn’t really matter if I remain Genin for the rest of my life. So, I will continue taking this test.”

Naruto chuckled and sat down without even caring about the eyes that fell on him.

“These two!” Ibiki was surprised to receive a such reaction from two Genin. As a part of the torture department, he could see that they weren’t faking their expression.

In their eyes, the rank between Genin and Jonin truly didn’t matter.

In the Hokage’s Office,

Hiruzen was watching this with a speechless expression. Even he wasn’t sure what to say about this.

Are Konoha Genins so arrogant?

21