Chapter 16: Spiderman
1.3k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter Parker's POV

As I was walking home I felt nauseous... Is it because of the bite? Should I go to the hospital?

No-no I'm sure its fine I just need so sleep. I can't afford to get sick now especially since we're tight on money... I've also seen Aunt May and Uncle Ben struggling as they grew older.

...I don't want to burden them anymore I'm sure some sleep would do me good.

I opened the door to our house and as I went inside Aunt May greeted me.

"Oh, Peter your hom- What's wrong with you?! Are you alright? You're sweating a lot!"

Huh? Sweating? I touched my forehead and she's right...

"O-oh... I didn't notice that... I'm just tired I'll go to sleep now."

As I was heading upstairs she grabbed my arm and stopped me then put a hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up!...w... get...ospital..."

I stared at her but I can't even comprehend what she's saying then suddenly something came near her face and out of instinct I grabbed it.

"Watch out!" 

Shocked, she looked at me and said, "Peter... that's a fly."

I looked at my hand and oh... she's right again.

"Just...sleepy... Goodnight Aunt May."

Then I went up to my room and closed the door and slept like a log.

..........

*Beep beep beep-

*Bam*

I woke up at the sound of my alarm and as soon as I opened my eyes I felt my bed soaked in sweat but... I actually felt better than ever. 

I grabbed my glasses and wore them but as I put it on my vision became blurry.

"Weird..." So I put it back and went to the bathroom.

When I was about to brush my teeth the toothpaste exploded after I squeezed it just a bit. Then when I opened the faucet I accidentally removed the valve causing water to spray everywhere...

"Shit..! What's happening?" 

"Peter? What's going on up there!" Uncle Ben shouted from downstairs.

"N-nothing! It's just that I think the sink is broken!"

I opened the door but the handle came off.

"What the hell is going on?"

I tried to let go of it but its stuck in my hand. 

I closed my eyes then tried to relax 'Ok... Calm down, Peter. Maybe I am still dreaming?'

I opened my eyes then look at the mirror and noticed something unbelievable... I'm fucking ripped. 

*Knock**Knock*

"Peter you okay in there?" Uncle Ben asked from the other side of the door.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, "...yeah better than okay."

"That's good come down and have breakfast."

After barely putting back everything to place without it sticking to my hands and breaking it. I went downstairs to eat because I just realized how hungry I am.

"Slowdown Peter the food isn't going anywhere." 

"... Its just... tastes... really good Aunt May." I replied as I chewed on anything I could get my hands on.

"Are you feeling better now? Or do you need to get checked up in a hospital?"

"I'm fine, no need to go to all that trouble for me. I'm actually feeling better than ever since I woke up."

Aunt May sighs in relief and said, "That's good... But maybe you should rest for the day and don't go to school. Okay?"

I smiled at her, grateful for her concerns and consideration to me. "I told you I'm fine Aunt May no need to worry."

"It's my job to worry about you especially since you are in one of the most important part of your life..."

"You shouldn't baby him anymore May. He growing up to be a man just look at him now he seems more confident."

"See even Uncle Ben agrees... I'll see you later after school bye."

I grabbed my bag and went outside to wait for the school bus. As soon as I opened the door I immediately noticed MJ nextdoor similarly waiting for the school bus.

I waved and went to her, "Hey, Mj!" 

She then turns to me and smiles... Just seeing that smile brightens my day. 

"Hey Peter! No glasses?"

"Huh? Ah yeah... It's just that I feel that I don't need it anymore."

She looks at me from top to bottom and I couldn't help but feel nervous because of her stare.

"You seem different today..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know... Did you grow taller?"

I laughed awkwardly, "Maybe growth spurt?" Yeah... some really huge growth spurt. I need to go somewhere alone after school maybe I became a mutant... If I did maybe I can use that to help with the finances.

After that we talked a bit but unfortunately the bus arrived. I took a seat near the front row and MJ went a little at the back.

I haven't even gotten comfortable in my seat when Flash took a seat next to me and put his arm on my shoulders.

"Good morning Parker. You finish with the chemistry assignment?"

Shit...I forgot to do it with the science trip and me falling asleep early. Ugh...

"I-I forgot..."

"Huh? What did you say? Because it sounds to me that you don't want to share."

"No-no, I seriously forgot about it I'll let you take a look at it at lunch."

He looks at me and grabs my bag then proceeds to look inside. But after not managing to find it he stands up and gets back to his seat.

"You better have it by lunch, Parker."

I clenched my fist hard but I eventually sighs. Fuck that guy It's not worth it. Just ruined a perfectly good morning. 

The day went on as usual but during the morning classes I felt like someone is looking at me... I looked for the source and I eventually made eye contact to William Accardi. 

He seems shocked but he just smiles and looks away. Weird... We're not even close why is he looking at me? Besides that one time on the first day of school we haven't talked to each other.

He is in the basketball team with Flash and he is even dating the smartest girl in school. He is alethic and smart too because he is also on the Science trip yesterday. We're practically worlds apart in the social status in school.

Doesn't matter... School popularity doesn't matter after you graduate anyway. I just need to do good and graduate after that I will help Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Too bad that they don't want me to graduate early something something about the 'highschool experience' haaa...

During lunch I am sitting next to Flash some of his teammates and some cheerleaders. Basically the cool kids table... 

They are copying my assignment in chemistry that Flash borrowed from me. 

"Hey! You guys still haven't finish that?" MJ waved at the table while carrying her food in a tray. 

"Yeah? You want to take a copy as well? Parker here shared his answers to us" Liz Allan said with out looking up from my notebook.

"No, I already did mine but-" she didn't finish what she's trying to say because she slipped on the wet floor.

I feels like everything went slower for me as I caught MJ in one hand and the tray in the other. I managed to catch everything except for the bowl of food that fell on Flash's head. The food dripped on his face and into his shirt.

Everyone at the table laughed at him. Which caused him to glare in my direction. He then stands up says in a low voice "Parker...!"

I let go of MJ and put the tray down on the table and backed away. 

"It's just an accident Flash!" MJ tried to defend me but he was ignored.

"This was a gift Parker... now it's ruined."

"Stop it Flash! It's my fault, If you want to hit someone hit me instead!"

"I don't hit women... Now come on Parker! Let's settle this like men!" He said while swinging his fist into my stomach.

I took a step backwards and he missed but he followed it up by trying to uppercut me. I dodged it by bending backwards then I quickly stood up and backs away.

"Help him, Harry!" MJ said.

"Quit running away Parker!" Flash yells and charges at me like a bull trying to tackle me to the ground but I instinctively dodges again with a flip causing him to miss again.

"Help who?" Harry replied to MJ. 

"Damn... How did he do that?" Someone said from the people forming a circle around us.

Ugh... I need to focus and Ignore everything or else I'm going to get beaten up.

"It's time to get serious..." Flash said as he puts up his arms up like a boxer and swings his right fist right into my face. As it was about to hit me I can feel my everything slows down as I tilt my head to the side. The punch was quickly followed up by a left hook and this time I caught it. He couldn't even get out of my grip as I punched him in the stomach making him fall down the ground coughing.

"Woaahhh!"

"He took down Flash in a 'Flash'!" 

"One punch!"

The people surrounding us started making a lot of noise. I looked around and everybody is looking at me...

"That was amazing Peter!" Harry said but I ignored him and took my notebook and bag then get out of the cafeteria and then out of school.

As soon as I was out of school I held into my fast chest feeling my heart beating fast. That was the first fight I ever had and I won! 

I yelled then laughed, "I won! Whooo! In your face!" 

I was about to go back home but I decided to go an abandoned warehouse that Harry and I used to play in middle school. I ducked under the broken chain linked fence and went inside the building.

I tested my powers and I can crawl into walls and I have enhanced agility and strength. I also have that thing where everything slowdown but I don't how to activate it.

[A/N: I wrote Peter testing his powers but I eventually deleted it and decided to shorten it. Because we all know what his powers are.]

Did the spider bite caused me to awaked my mutant power or did the spider bite gave me powers? It doesn't matter as long as I don't produce and shoot webs out of my ass I'm good. 

Maybe I can use this to earn some quick cash? Maybe join a circus? Nah... 

Then a flyer hit me in the face. I looked at it and it was an advertisement for a wrestling tournament. 

Huh...? Is this a sign? And its tonight maybe I can earn some quick money here by using my power.

..........

I bought a mask in a costume shop kinda like the one that robbers uses and a red glove. I even sneaked home by crawling to the window and changing clothes to a red sweater and a blue jogging pants. 

I also draw a huge spider on the chest of the sweater and some webs for design so I don't look like a thief. 

I signed up and now I am waiting in the back of a curtain waiting for my turn. 

"We have a new challenger tonight!!! Will he survive or will he be like the others?" 

"Whoooo!!!" 

Bone saw! Bone saw! Bone saw!" 

"What's your name kid?" The announcer asks me behind the curtain.

"It's The Human-spider."

"The Human-spider? That's it? That's the best you got?"

"Yeah? What's wrong with it?"

"It sucks..." Then he uses his mic again, "Welcome the new challenger The Amazing Spiderman!"

The curtain then lifts up and I was immediately greeted with a lot of people. 

I said to the guy lifting the curtain, "My name is The Human-spider."

"I don't care get out there."

"No he got my name wrong you got to tell him."

"Get out there you moron!"

Rude... 

"Boooo!!!"

"That loser ain't even gonna last a few seconds!"

"Kill him Bone saw!"

"Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!"

I was jeered and mocked down by the people as I was walking to the ring. Are wrestling fans this intense? It's making me nervous...

I reached the ring and as soon as I set foot in it steel cage immediately goes down around the ring locking me with the other guy. Who is by the way looking at me like I'm a fucking prey.

So I immediately shouted, "Hey! I think there is some sort of mistake here! I didn't sign up for a cage match!"

But I was Ignored as the announcer said into the mic. "For three thousand dollars! Can he survive against Bone saw for three minutes!?" 

"Heh too late for regrets now kid! You're going nowhere! I got you for three minutes! Three minutes of pain time!" Bone saw said while grinning sadisticly. 

*Tringgg!* 

As soon as the bell rang he immediately charges at me so I jumped and held onto the cage.

"Boooo!!!"

"What are you doing up there! Get down here!" Bone saw shouted while looking up.

"Staying away from you!" And now that I really looked at him he looks stupid with his big muscles and tight suit. His poor nuts are probably getting crushed by now. Maybe that's why he is so angry.

"Hey you have a cute outfit! Did your husband made that for you?"

"Ughhaaghhhh!!!" He screams like I just killed his family and jumps to reach me but I flipped and landed on the floor. Then with his back in front of me I punched him. He then stumbles forward and hangs to the ring.

The crowd shocked on what I did cheered. "Whoooo!!! Did you see that!"

I smiled and raised my fist and the crowd cheered louder. This is a nice feeling... But then from out of nowhere I felt something coming from my back and I instinctively rolled forward. 

I looked back and saw him holding a foldable chair and grinning at me like a lunatic.

"Hey! Isn't that thing like Illegal!?" I shouted as I kept on jumping backward avoiding his swings. And as usual I was Ignored.

I kept backing away and I didn't notice my back was against the corner of the ring and I couldn't go anywhere. Bone saw grinned and raises the chair above his head and swings it downward towards my head. 

I felt dizzy and held onto my head but he grabs my leg and swings me like a rag doll against the cage. Then he held me over his head and throw me hard on to the floor.

"Bone Saw! Bone Saw! Bone Saw!"

"Finish him!"

As I was laying there on the ground he grins and jumped at me. I rolled and he missed then I quickly stood up and sat on his chair and punched him in the face. 

He spits and his tooth flew out and he grins at me. So I punched him extra hard this time and finally knocking him out. 

There was a moment of silence in the crowd but it eventually erupted into cheers. The cage then opens and the announcer walks in and held my arm up. 

"By a complete shock to everyone! Spiderman wins!"

"Spiderman! Spiderman! Spiderman!"

I stood up and waved at the crowd. This is fun... 

..........

I am in the office in front of some fat guy to get my prize but I was only given a hundred bucks. "You said that it was Three grand?"

The guy didn't even looked at me and instead kept counting the money that he earned today. "Yeah three grand for three minutes and you knocked him out in two for that I give you a hundred... And your lucky to get that." Then he smirks and ignores me.

"I need that money..."

He barely glanced at me and said, "I missed the part where that's my problem. Now get out of here." 

'Fucking greedy pig..!' I thought to myself but I just sighs and walks out. On my way out I was bumped by a some dude but I just ignored it and kept walking down the hallway. I pressed the button for the elevator and from the hallway I can hear some shouting coming from the office. 

Then the door to opened and someone carrying a bag came running down the hallway. Following him is the greedy fat guy shouting, "Heeeyyy! He stole the money! Stop him!" 

Then from a door in the hallway what I can only guess is the guard came running after him. I just stepped aside as the guy the stole the money went in the elevator. 

"Thanks!" He said to me before the elevator fully closes.

The guard following him yelled in my face, "What the hells the matter with you! You let him go!" Then he runs down the stairs in pursuit of the thief.

The fat guy came panting down the hallway holding his head while bleeding. "You could have taken him down...! Now he is going to get away with the money!" 

I just looked at him straight in the eye and said, "I missed the part where that's my problem."

He stares at me for a few seconds but eventually curses and went after the thief and the guard. 

I couldn't hold back my smirk as I thought, 'That's karma for you.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William's POV

It is night time and I am walking around Forest Hills, Peter's neighborhood.

I couldn't decide what to do the entire night yesterday and I went to school with huge eye bags, I barely managed to sleep.

Of course my amazing girlfriend noticed it and asked me what's wrong.

..........

Lunch break and I am with Gwen alone in the chemistry lab. This place became our go to spot since she has the keys. 

She asked me what's wrong and I said, "It's nothing..."

She sighs then puts down her lunch and leans her head on my shoulder.

"You know that I'm always here for you right?"

"...yeah"

"I noticed this since yesterday at Oscorp... You seem distracted and always thinking. Is it because of the internship? If you don't want me to go I won't..."

Shocked, I looked at her and  immediately said, "What? No, no, no... It's not about that at all."

Although I am a bit concerned about her working in Oscorp but I'm sure it's going to be fine. I can't believe she wouldn't go there if I don't like it... It is really important for her and I want to support her.

"Then what is it about?" She asks while holding my hand, "I'm here to listen alright? You can tell me anything."

I sighed I couldn't just tell her that I'm thinking of whether or not to save Uncle Ben or not. So I said, "Imagine there's a train that is about to hit uhm... your father who is tied up in the tracks. You can divert it but if you do that you will kill five people instead on the other track that are also tied up. So what would you do?"

"Is that even a question? Then I will stop the train it is as simple as that."

"But the train is going fast it is inevitable to stop it."

"Who says it's inevitable? Then I will find a way to stop it no matter what. I can't decide who gets to die and who gets to live... No one can decide that."

"I guess you're right..."

..........

So here I am trying to stop the train, I mean the criminal from killing Uncle Ben. But because I don't know where or even when it will happen I decided to patrol Peter's neighborhood. 

Where will It happen? Is it even going to happen tonight? It's been a few hours since I am patrolling here and I am getting tired and thirsty. So I decided to go to a convenience store to get a drink. I'm sure it's going to be fine what are the chances of Uncle Ben getting shot while I buy a drink?

While I was paying for my drink right outside of the store people are shouting.

"Get away from him his got a gun!"

"Someone stop him!"

"Call the cops!"

I looked over and saw someone running while holding a bag and the people running away from him. But he was stopped by a middle aged guy. 

"Get back May!" He shouts to a middle aged woman with him.

"Ben, No!"

Fuck... Shit! I need to do something! Anything! Out of panic I grabbed the drink that I bought and rushed outside. 

"Hey you didn't pay for that!"

Once I was out I swung the bottle in the head of the thief. Stunned, he was quickly overpowered by Uncle Ben but before he can completely subdue the thief he managed to fire the gun.

*Bang!*

"Ahhhh!" A feminine voice shouts.

Uncle Ben managed to subdue him pinning him to the ground. Then he looked over from where the shout came.

"May!"

I quickly turned and looked and I was stunned because the one that got shot was Aunt May. She is on her knees holding her chest and looking at it in shock.

"Someone call an ambulance!" A bystander shouted but I was too stunned to do anything. Did I cause this? Why is Aunt May even with Uncle Ben? I thought he was alone? If I didn't intervene would Uncle Ben get shot and Aunt May gets to live? Is this fate? A life for a life???

"Is there anyone that knows first aid! Anyone! She's still breathing! Someone help!" Uncle Ben shouts while cradling Aunt May's head in his arms.

I didn't notice what was happening but the thief is now subdued by other people and now they are surrounding Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

"I-I know first aid..!" I shouted. 

Then I immediately went over and looked at where she was shot. She was shot in the left side of her chest... She is supposed to be dead! But maybe there is a chance...

I administered first aid to her using what I learned from Mom. Then the ambulance arrived and they took her and Uncle Ben away. 

"Thank you..." Uncle Ben said before leaving with the ambulance. Now I was left there standing with blood on my hands and clothes. 

"William?!" I looked over to the person that called my name and I saw Peter wearing a shirt and holding something in his hands. 

"What is going on here?! You have blood all over you!"

I just pointed on the police car where the thief just got taken in and about to drive off. He looked shocked and guilty at the same time. 

I guess it just like in the movies where Peter lets the thief go.

While he was deep in his thoughts I said. "Your Aunt May was shot and she was taken by an ambulance to the hospital. Your Uncle Ben is also with her."

His eyes widen and he shouts, "What?! Where?! Which Hospital? Are they alright!?"

I didn't know which hospital they took her but it doesn't matter because I didn't manage to say anything until Peter ran off. 

Someone tapped me on the shoulders and I looked over to see a stranger. He nodded at me and handed me a handkerchief. "You did good kid... you should go home and clean yourself up."

I nodded absent mindedly and walked away from the scene. I just want to go home...

..........

Ben Parker's POV 

I never learned how to be a Dad. My wife and I hand no kids of our own but we always loved my brother's son, Peter as if he were our own... 

May and I always babysat for Richard and Mary whenever their job took them out of town. Peter would stay with us for days at a time and he was such a joy. Well-behaved, loving and bright, so I don't get what they are trying to say to me right now.

"Are you saying our Peter did what?!" 

"Please calm down Mr. Parker-"

"I am calm!"

"Ben, sweetie sit down and let him talk..." May said to me while holding my hand and making me sit back down.

The guidance counselor fixed his glasses and continued speaking. "As I was saying... Peter Parker fought Eugene Thompson during lunch this afternoon. He almost broke his fingers and he punched him in the stomach so hard Mr. Thompson puked."

"Our Peter could never do that... I'm sure there is a misunderstanding somewhere." May said as I couldn't trust myself to not to shout if I speak.

"There are witnesses during the event and because of that I have to suspend Peter for a month. And If Mr. Thompson decided to sue we will have a problem. As you may know Mr. Thompson is an athlete and this may have an effect in his career."

After a few more minutes we are in our car driving home. 

"Where is Peter anyway? As soon as I see him we are going to have a talk man to man."

"Stop it Ben. This maybe our fault... we didn't even notice that he is getting into fights are we bad parents?" 

I sighed, "We just need to let him know that we are there for him. You know that he is in that age where he wants to keep things private and be independent."

A few hours passes by and it was now 9pm and Peter isn't home yet. 

"Did you think something happen to him?" May said anxiously while looking at the clock and at the door back and forth.

I stood up and grabbed my keys. "I'm going to look for him."

"Wait! Let me come with you."

"What if he comes home and we aren't here? You wait for him and I'll go look for him."

"No Ben! I can't just sit here twiddling my thumbs doing nothing. I'm going with you."

"Alright then... "

We then went around the neighborhood looking for Peter then I decided to stop near a convenience store to eat something.

"We should probably eat something, May."

She nods and we get out of the car and not even a minute later a thief came running across the street.

That is when it happened... As I was trying to stop the thief by taking away his gun that is pointed towards me someone stunned him for enough time for me to pin him down. But I still failed to stop him from firing his gun.

*Bang!*

The bystanders immediately helped in holding down the thief while I went to my wife. I shouted for help and that is when he came in a kid just about Peter's age helped. Even if his hands are shaking he still managed to save May before the ambulance came.

Now I am here outside of the E.R waiting for the news...

The door opened and the doctor went out. 

"How is she doc? Is she going to be fine?"

"She is now stabilized. Your wife has a special condition called Dextrocardia it is a rare heart condition in which the heart points toward the right side of the chest instead of the left side. If she has a normal heart position the bullet would have hit a lot of arteries and she would have died..."

I fell to my knees as soon as I heard that she was fine. Thank God. The doctor left after telling me a lot of things such as expenses and more.

I am now beside May while she was hooked up to all sorts of machine keeping her stabilized. Then the door to the room opened and Peter came in while breathing heavily and full of sweat. 

"I-Is she alrig-" he didn't get to finish what he was about to say because I stood up and punched him in the face.

"You should apologize as soon as she wakes up, Peter." He just stood there for a while holding his cheeks but he eventually nods.

I went back to my seat and Peter follows standing next to me looking at May.

"We were at your school this afternoon... You beat up someone and now you are suspend for a month."

"...."

"You didn't even face the consequences of your actions instead you ran away from school and now you're here."

"..."

"Where were you huh Peter? Where were you when we are looking for you in the middle of the night?"

"..."

I sighed, "There is this kid that helped save your Aunt when she got shot... when I failed and got her in danger... Even when his hands are shaking, his face pale he still did everything he could to help your Aunt..." 

Peter still didn't say anything but it's fine I'm not looking for a reply... I'm just rambling on like an old man I am.

"Your father live by a philosophy, a principle. He believed that if you could do good things for other people you had a moral obligation to do those things... That's what at stake here... not choice, responsibility."

Sorry for the late update I got sick (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)

I couldn't even look at my screen without feeling like someone wants to pry open my head.

I even kept on rewriting this chapter but in the end I settled for this. A really fucking long chapter (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

42