Chapter 17
1.1k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV

In a darkroom with various wires and tubes resembling a web connected to a chair sat a beautiful woman in her prime. She has black hair and wears a red glasses. She is currently staring at seemingly nothing but her expression tells otherwise.

"W-what is happening?! It... can't be... he is still alive. Even her... how is this possible? A life for a life that should be the case by saving him she should be the one that dies. No one died... and yet he is still destined for greatness..." 

Tears slowly started falling from her eyes. "This is a miracle... I saw that no matter what I do someone still dies... Oh Peter I'm so sorry that I couldn't do anything for you. Even though you are going to be the one that will help me correct my past mistake... yet I couldn't even do anything but look."

She then touches the various wires and tubes that are connected to the machines surrounding her that eventually leads to her chair. 

"I should have been contented with just being alive with these... Now I don't even need it." she sighed then from a table near her she looks at a portrait of her and her husband. "What would you think of me now? I lived on for years with the machine that you created but when it was finally my time... I did something incredibly stupid... The gathering of the five heh what a joke more like the gathering of the fools."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William's POV

I did my best to wipe the blood of my hands with the handkerchief I had on me but no matter how much I wipe I can't remove it... 

The people at the bus kept looking at me with suspicion and is keeping a wide distance from me. I can't blame them I wouldn't want to sit next to me as well.

I sighed and looked at my reflection in the window. I look like a mess... disheveled hair, bloodstained hand and clothes and dark eye bags from lack of sleep.

I hope that Aunt May survives... I should go and visit tomorrow. The hospital is probably somewhere near Forest Hills or I can just ask Peter tomorrow. 

I just hope that I did the right thing.

I hope that what I did won't affect his decision to become a hero. After all it is one of the important moments of Spiderman's life... learning about responsibility.

That is a lot of 'I hope'... 

Even after I said to myself over and over again that I don't want to get involved in anything related to heroes and villains. I still did it...

The rest of the way towards home felt like a blur. The adrenaline finally left my body and the lack of sleep is catching up to me. So as soon as I got home I barely remember washing my hands and changing clothes I just fell asleep.

..........

In the morning Mom already left earlier and just left us some breakfast to microwave. She has been extremely busy as of recently because of the increased gang activities. So it is only Dad and I that os going to have breakfast together.

As I was eating Dad suddenly said, "You should have put hydrogen peroxide or rub a bar of soap into the stain and scrubbed it by hand in cold water. Then applied some laundry detergent and washed the remaining stain in warm water with bleach until the stain was gone."

I looked at him confused, "What..?"

He then pointed at my hands, "You should also cut your nails there is still blood under it."

I looked at my hands and immediately hid it under the table. 'Fuck..! I was so tired last night I didn't even think about this. And now that I think about it I just left my dirty clothes at the laundry basket out of habit.'

"No need to hide it, I've already seen it. Be thankful that your mother didn't see it or else she would worry. So what did you do? Did you kill someone?" He asked like it was just some everyday tuesday for him.

"What? No! Why would you even think that!"

He just raises his eyebrows at me, "Well you're hiding your hands like a criminal so what am I supposed to think? Did you at least made sure nobody saw you?"

"What the fuck Dad? No! I didn't kill anybody, someone was shot and I was nearby and I helped in first aid."

He sighed, "That's good, you would break your mother's heart if you really killed someone." Then he stands up and takes his keys. "Now come on I'm going to take you somewhere."

"Huh? Where?"

"Just follow me."

..........

When the car stopped we arrived at a place called Ammu-Nation.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as we got down the car and walked inside.

Dad looked at me as if I was an idiot and said, "Of course I'm going to teach you how to shoot a fucking gun! What do you think we're doing, shopping for groceries? Wanna eat some bullets for breakfast tomorrow?"

"I mean why? I'm thirteen am I even allowed to go in there?"

"We're in America of course you are, plus I know the guy so it's not a problem."

I just shrugged my shoulders and followed him. Once we went inside Dad talked to the guy at the cashier and then we went into the back where there is a huge space and some targets in it.

"New York is becoming more and more dangerous lately, you need to know how to protect yourself."

I doubtfully asked "By using a gun?"

"What? Its the most effective way. Don't be afraid of it, it's just a thing. Take it " He said then handed me a pistol, I don't know what kind but it is heavy.

"But be mindful on where you aim it and know where your finger is all the time, don't put it in the trigger unless you want to hurt somebody. Now aim it at the target."

"To aim you look right down the top through that notch, make sure that it is aligned." I raised the gun and aimed at the target in front of me. "Good. Don't lock your elbows."

I did as he told me and aligned the notches but my hand is shaking. 'Fuck..! This is exciting and scary at the same time.'

"Don't be nervous breathe..." I closed my eyes and breathe deeply. Once I opened my eyes I put my finger in the trigger and squeezed.

*BANG!*

"Ugh shit! That's loud!"

I shouted but Dad just laughed at me. "You'll get used to it. Now again. You didn't even hit the target and missed completely."

..........

After I don't know how long we left with my ears still ringing. In the car Dad drove but I noticed that we aren't going home just yet.

I sighed and asked. "Where are we going now?"

Dad didn't even look at me and said, "Don't be such a baby. We are going at a boxing gym. After all you aren't going to carry a gun everywhere you go. So what better way than to defend yourself than your fists. Like real men do."

I groaned already feeling my muscles ache.

..........

[A/N: I tried writing Will learning how to box but well I couldn't do it haha. That was supposed to be something of a bonding between father and son. Kinda like teaching how to ride a bike moment.]

Dad taught me some proper stance, foot work and more. I didn't even know that he knew how to box. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Today is a fucking bitch I looked like I've just been beaten up with bruises in my body and some on my face even when I was wearing a proper head gear. But I strangely felt satisfied... Like when I first started playing basketball. 

As soon as we went home and I opened the door Mom looked at me and yelled, "Will! What happened to you!? Who did this?"

I just pointed at Dad behind me. Mom immediately glared at him but before she could say anything Dad said, "I just thought him how to defend himself."

Mom didn't say anything for a moment then she sighed and puts a hand on my shoulders. "Come one I'll patch you up and then we'll eat." 

The next day my legs and shoulders are fucking sore. Even though I've been doing basketball since middle school I still felt like shit after yesterday. 

Then in school after Gwen saw my face she had the same expression as Mom. "Will! What happened to you!? Are you alright? Why didn't you came to school yesterday?"

I just hugged her to stop her from touching the bruise in my face. "I'm fine Gwen. It's just Dad has been teaching me how to box that's all."

"...I was worried." She murmured in my chest.

"Why? I was only gone for like a day."

"Peter was looking for you yesterday and when I asked why he said he wanted to thank you for saving her Aunt's life."

I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Aunt May is fine and my actions have some effect and didn't make it worse

But then Gwen looked into my eyes and asked, "Is this what you were talking about?"

"What..?"

"You know... What you said the other day. Did you know that Peter's Aunt and Uncle were going to be attacked?"

I froze and thought of what to say for a moment but I guess that was enough for her because she said, "... I thought so." 

Then she started hitting me in the chest making me wince not because of the pain of her hitting my bruises but because she started crying. "Why didn't you tell me!? I could have helped and m-maybe we could have asked for Dad's help... Y-you... didn't have to... s-shoulder that burden alone. I'm your g-girlfriend right? I'm always here for you..."

I just hugged her while stroking her hair. 'I didn't know that she would have figure it out from a simple question... I guess I'm underestimating her intelligence huh?'

"I wasn't sure of it as well... I just had a dream. I thought it was nothing at first but I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I went to the place in my dream and it really happened." I said. 'Even now I'm lying to her... but I just couldn't say to her that I was reborn and from where I came from this world is fictional, Including her...'

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "R-really..? So what happened?"

I wiped her tears with my fingers and smiled, "I stopped the train just like you told me to. Although there was some injuries but I guess it turned out fine in the end."

She looked at me from top to bottom again, "Are you sure that you're alright?"

I kissed her then smiled, "... I'm fine."

She blushed and rests her head on my chest while hugging me tightly. "I'm glad..."

We stayed like that for a few minutes just feeling each others body warmth. Until I asked, "Where's Peter?"

She looked up at me with a confused expression, "You didn't know? He got suspended for a month for fighting Flash."

"What?" I didn't know he had a fight with Flash. I was hanging out less and less with them and I am usually with Gwen nowadays. 

"Its crazy right? I didn't know that Peter could do that. He even won and injured Flash."

"But I thought you said he is looking for me yesterday."

She nods, "That's right but he only came in the morning and it was a coincidence that we saw each other."

I guess I'll go visit just like I planned before Dad decided to take me somewhere yesterday.

.......... 

After school I saw Peter waiting outside the school Gate. He looked gloomy... well more than the usual. As soon as he saw me he waved and called me. "Hey William! Can we talk for a sec?"

I walked over to him and said, "Sure, I was also looking for you but I didn't know you got suspended."

His face grimaced as he heard me say suspended but he just smiled awkwardly. "So uh... i wanted to say thanks for saving my Aunt's life."

"No, no, no, it's nothing I just-"

He cut me off and said,"It's not 'nothing' you saved her life and for that I am grateful. If you ever need anything just ask me I'll help the best I can."

Huh... would you look at that I just got a favor from Spiderman. But he is so serious so I smiled and put my arm around his shoulders. 

"No need to be so serious I did what I thought was the right thing. So why don't we hang out sometimes you seem cool and you can just call me Will."

He finally smiles a bit, "Yeah that sounds nice thanks Will... but I can't right now I have to get back to the hospital."

"How is she?" 

He frowned, "She's fine but she lost a lot of blood so she isn't waking up just yet. But the doctors said that she'll wake up soon."

Then from behind us someone yelled Peter's name, "Peteeee! Hey!" Its Harry Osborn.

"Oh what's up Harry?" 

"Here, uh... I asked my Dad yesterday as soon as I heard what happened." Harry said while handling Peter an envelope.

"I can't take this! Its too much."

"It's fine that's what friends are for... Plus you were always there to help me in my academics so take it."

Peter eventually accepted the money. "Thanks... Harry."

I guess they really are friends huh? I was also thinking of giving some of my allowance but it looks like it isn't needed anymore.

I have some serious writers block this past few days. Just look at the amount of '..........' I put in there. Every single one of that is a day where I just stopped writing and forced myself the next day. It is a mess of a chapter with the pacing all over the place so sorry about that (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

I can't even think of a title haha. 

Think of this as a transition chapter. You can even skip this if you want. I am going to upload the next chapter in a few hours anyway as soon as I finish editing it.

So please don't blame me for this messy chapter I am just writing this as a hobby and I have zero experience in writing.

38