Chapter 22 : Stand Up
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was still shining down sharply, it was approximately around 2 o’clock in the afternoon in the equator area. The shadows made from the sun rays that passed through the trees were swaying, following how the leaves got swayed by the wind. The animals were peacefully doing their own activities in their own homes, roaming the earth, or even roaming the sky. There was a disturbance if the animals paid some attention to it, but because it was just from some humans, how could they care? How could they understand?

People were lying down on the ground. They seemed to have some bruises on their skins, wounds made from the struck of a blunt object. And some were bleeding, blood flowed onto their skin, dying their clothes red, even dropping onto the ground. 

The wounds seemed to be made from a piercing attack, piercing through the skins and fleshes. But it was not deep enough to fatally injure them, not to mention the location of the injuries were not on fatal spots. It was as if the one who injured them showed how merciful he was, letting them off even though he could literally kill them off easily if he wanted it to be like that. 

Enjar stood alone, while all of the people who had attacked him were lying down. They were feeling the agony of the pain coming from the man that had dared to defy and fight against them. But the bitter truth hit them hard. Turned out that not to mention killing them, they could not even put a meaningful injury to the man. The man in front of them only suffered some scratches and what not, deflecting and evading their attacks skillfully. 

They felt like they just made the most terrible mistake that they could have done. How could they know that this man was this skullful and powerful? If they knew it was going to be this way, they should have chosen to negotiate with him instead of being a hard headed group of people and attacking him. One of the best ways for them was to run away from the scene. It was all because of this information that they had collected about the man and used this to counterattack him in the future. At least if there was a chance.

They had wanted to run away from him and went back to their base, but Enjar had decided to not let them go, not even one of them. And not letting them go away he did, using his spear and jumps to smash them silly and beat them up like a chicken. 

Everytime someone tried to run away from the fight, he would jump hard on them, smashing his body to their vulnerable spots. And especially when almost all of them had fallen down that they decided to run away from the scene. It was too late to do anything about it, running away was futile and fruitless. They could only brace themselves for the beating that they had gotten.

They thought that he only attacked them by striking them with the spear from how he always spun it without even thrusting it. But that was only for half of the fight. He later on proceeded to pierce some of them on their bodies, creating blood to flow onto their skins while their mouths screamed harder from the pain itself. 

But those smashing attacks that he did were truly an eye opener for them. They truly felt the firsthand experience of how it felt like to be smashed by a spear. How could one swing a spear as if it was some kind of a ruler? Aren’t spears supposed to be heavy? What kind of notion was that? Especially since it was Enjar’s first time using this power again to fight against some enemies after a long time had passed. They get two first times of a lifetime experiences, even a virgin only had a single first time, no? How could they ask for more?

Asking for more your head, they might have said. 

Enjar let go of his spear into the air. The spear soon turned itself into fire, blazing for a bit before it spread out and gone for good. Enjar walked toward someone who seemed to be the leader of the gang. While he walked slowly and casually, the onlookers were dumbfounded. They seemed as if they just saw a magic show. Or watching an action movie in the theater for the first time after coming out from living inside the jungle for as long as he lived up till that moment. It’s not that it was a bad thing, shock culture was a thing after all. 

When they realized that they were not dreaming, they got back their senses. Who the hell is this man? How could he be so powerful? How could he defeat a group of people like he was beating some naughty children with a stick? How could he summon fire, and shape it like a spear too? This would surely be an experience that they would never forget for their entire life. 

The boy who saw how the man defeated the group of people easily seemed as if he was being enlightened. His mouth was still open from the shock that he just received after watching the entire thing happen. It seemed as if he now knew what he needed to do. The thing that he wanted to do cannot be more clearer than ever. 

Is this how it felt to be helped? Is this how it felt to be saved? I’m not even his friend or anything, I don’t even know him nor even heard about him. He just showed up out of nowhere and here he was, standing with a broad back and firm steps. The confidence that came out from his demeanor was overflowing, as if he was not scared of the hurdles that he faced in front of him. 

The man was so amazing in the eyes of the boy. From how many enemies that he faced, he could defeat them seemingly easily without much effort needed. The charisma that Enjar had seemed to be out of the charts, from how firm his back was and how strong his eyes looked. With the sharpness that they had, they seem to be able to cut an apple without any problem.

Enjar arrived in front of the man who seemed to be one of the mobs of the gang. Enjar took a glance at him and said, “Rise up.” His voice seemed blank and cold. His face was devoid of any warmth and friendliness. But it did not mean that he was unapproachable. In the eyes of justice, we need to be firm and fair, they said. 

The man was still lying down, holding his right arm that was bleeding from the piercing wound etched to his flesh and skin. He gritted his teeth and tried to stand up while shivering from the pain that came from the wounds that he received. He did not only suffer from the wound etched onto his right arm, but also from the bruises that got planted on many parts of his body. He felt that he needed some time to adjust himself, but because of the order given by the man in front of him, he could only bear it and braced the pain.

He stood up weakly and limply, looking as if he would fall with just a single push even from a child. Enjar frowned and said it louder and coldly, “Did I stutter? I said stand up.” His voice sounded calm and melancholic, but the coldness could not be more apparent. The rest of the gang who heard this felt that their hearts skipped a beat listening to the man’s saying. They could not do anything except obey and follow his order.

They too started to stand up slowly but surely. Some let out yelp and exclamations, while some did not dare to let out a single whisper, afraid of irking the man that beat them up black and blue.

They truly did not expect this result after fighting against him today. They did not see this coming at all. Let alone his friends, he alone could defeat them without even losing his cool and composure. His clothes for most of the part were still clean and pure, without much dirt and even ripped parts. Different from theirs that had many ugly parts after they faced him. 

 When all of them finally stood up, Enjar asked in a calm tone, “What are your wrong doings?”

0