Chapter 23 : Rise Up
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are your wrong doings?” Enjar asked in a calm and relaxed voice. His tone did not sound harsh at all. It did not contain sarcasm or even had some jokes behind it. There was only seriousness. Naturally his behavior raised question marks to those who heard what he just said. And practically everyone who was here heard what Enjar had just said. 

What the hell was he saying? Was he trying to act like a hero? Or was he trying to act like an old sage that helped people who needed help? But asking them a question like this was quite abrupt, no? Where is the common sense? That was a weird question to ask though, in the sense of momentum and timing. I’m not judging but it’s kinda cringe, not gonna lie…

Those were the thoughts that passed through the minds of not only the gang members, but also to the onlookers, including the boy. The victims couldn’t be happier to be helped and saved when they were in trouble. But who were they to judge when they did not even know Enjar’s intention and abrupt arrival? Of course, not all of them thought like that. It actually seemed cool and domineering to act like that for some people, even breaking the norm of how to handle things. 

Nonetheless, the question needed to be answered by the people who had been stamped as the culprits in this evil act. And the bald man in front of Enjar was the one who answered Enjar’s question.

“W-We were wrong on staying at this place.” The bald man of the gang answered nervously. There were some sweat beads running through his temple for some reason, quiet possibly from the nervousness of being interrogated like this. 

He had a bald head with a pretty tall body to show his frivolousness. He seemed to be fierce and vicious, but in front of the long haired man in front of him, he seemed like a kitten. He was at his mercy after all and life was only an once opportunity for everyone. Who doesn’t fear death when the chance of it happening was passing literally in front of you?

His eyes showed how restless he was. He was still in disbelief about the things that had been happening here. This man came out of nowhere and suddenly he attacked them out of the blue. And they lost! Lost to a freaking man! Sure, he had the skills to use energies, but as far as they can see, he only used the energies to form a spear and that’s it! 

He defeated them by using his prowess in spear and body strength! There were dozens of them, fighting against a single man and they all went down without a single one of them being able to put up a decent fight against him, let alone deal significant damage to him. He thought that it could not get worse, until he realized that his plans were all in the sewer now. 

Every gang would need a base of operation to do their conducts and suchs. And for them, this place was one such place for them to operate their in and out goings. This place was their base of operation, and they needed this place to maintain their monetary and political reasons.. If a base was gone from their grasp, then the gang was akin to a group of homeless people.

“What kind of atrocities have you done to this place?” Enjar asked in a calm and relaxed manner yet again. His face was still nonchalant, but the seriousness truly could not be hidden away. It was a question that did not contain any joke at all even though it might sound quite funny to some who heard this. 

The bald man was dumbfounded when he heard what Enjar had just said. What the hell? Why was he being like this? Why was he judging them to be some kind of an evil group of people? They were the government here, and they ruled this place.  Still, he did not know what kind of intentions the man in front of him had, in the end he and his men were in this man’s grasp of mercy.

If he said something wrong and he did not like the answer, then he and his men would suffer from the consequences. And especially when they truly did force themselves to govern this place so suddenly, and extort money from them. While portraying themselves to be in the right and light, while setting aside some little problems here and there that were insignificant for their bigger plans and motions. I mean, wasn't that how the government works? There was not a perfect government right? 

As far as he could conclude from how Enjar acted, he thought that Enjar was just being a good samaritan, trying to help people in need or some bullcrap like what he thought it was. He just needed to follow the plan and bear with it for a while, and he might forgive them if he looked miserable enough. 

“W-We were wrong, and we promise to not do this again. Please have mercy on us and let us go!” The man bowed while gritting his teeth when his face faced the ground. His body was trembling from the emotion that he was feeling right now. Who was not scared when you were about to die? Or maybe was it because of the pain that he was feeling that he could not help but shiver? Or maybe another emotion was brewing inside of his mind?

Enjar took a glance at the man who was bowing to him in front of him with a sharp glint. He grinned, as if the man’s attitude was good and correct. Understanding one’s place to at least realize his place and apologize was a basic attitude, right? He asked yet another question to the man in front of him.

“Do you think an apology will suffice? Nah, you did not even apologize. What do you think?” Enjar asked while raising one of his eyebrows. He seemed to be contemplating something very hard inside of his mind, as if deciding the fate of the gang right here, right now.

“W-W-We’re sorry for what happened to you and to the people here! Naturally, we will pay the consequences and pay back for what we had done to them. I hope you will be kind enough to give us one more chance to atone for our sin here, good Sir.” The man said decisively. He clenched his fists, as if he finally decided to embark on the journey of a good path, the path of redemption to pay back for things that needed to be paid. The promise to achieve what he had promised just now seemed not too far away from happening, one might say. 

Enjar smiled when he heard this statement.

“Rise up.” Enjar ordered the man. Without waiting further ado, the bowing man rose up quickly and stood up firmer more than ever as if he was enlightened. Appearing honest and decisive was a virtue that people seldom had, no? Deciding to repent and give back all the things that he had taken was not an easy thing to do after all. It needed sacrifices to be made and determination that reached toward the sky. No matter how one took a look at it, there was no easy way to do it. 

Enjar walked for 2 more steps and arrived beside the bald man from the gang. He raised his right hand toward him. The man beside Enjar was sweating buckets and had prepared for the worst. But the thing that he imagined did not come at all. Instead, it was just a soft pat that landed onto his shoulder. A soft pat that did not contain any power at all, even more any viciousness. It felt so gentle and warm to the heart, that could bring one to see the ray of hope that seemed so invincible and surreal. 

“Then do what you had just said right now. I will be waiting here, you better prepare for the things that you had promised just now. Now go, and bring back the things that all of you had taken.  I know every single one of you, and don’t play pranks on me like leaving behind some of you here.

Prepare to pay the services that you have done to the people in here. Prepare yourself to ask for forgiveness. Prepare yourself if you will not get forgiven for when that happened, you could already imagine the consequences that you will get in the hereafter. Prepare yourself and do your best to achieve your mission.”

0