Chapter 42 : Two
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjar shortly arrived at the Wheatfield Village in about an hour or so, a feat that no ordinary man could achieve. 

There, he met Lumberis the village head again and he could see clearly that there were different glints appearing inside of Lumberis’ eyes. Not only Lumberis, but Enjar also saw some people that came together with the village head. There were more than 300 of them which consisted mostly of men, either young, adult, or old. Each of them seemed that they had made a choice for what to do at this very moment. 

Because Enjar had warned them that they only had so much time. The supposed enemy would not wait for them to prepare themselves so that they could defend themselves. Or it was just because of Enjar’s urgeness that they did not have another choice except to obey his order and law. 

Including the boy that he had helped from the gang that grouped on him together.

His name was Timan. Enjar was told of the boy’s name by the village head himself. He had a height around 150cm, with white hair attached on his head. He was skinny, though not very much. Instead, he had a pretty good physique that could be told from a single glance. There was not unnecessary fat on his body, his muscles looked trained and fit.

And more than that, his eyes were looking sharp. The fierceness was a sight to behold, looking very manly for a boy like him. A determined look that did not want to say a no if someone dared to bend his will. The firm looking expression, the seriousness of his manner, created a quite different impression that Enjar had from the last time Enjar saw Timan. 

It was not easy to change a personality. Either it was in a small matter, or changing in a drastic manner, it would take time to make it possible. But it seemed that the boy in front of Enjar had a different opinion about it. He seemed like he did not want the time to change him, but he chose to change himself. Either for the better or not, it would naturally take some samples to conclude the results. 

Enjar had a smile on his face when he saw the boy in front of him. But his eyes then turned narrow when he saw another group of people that had a different atmosphere than the first group that he saw. 

They seemed to have more men than Lumberis and Timan’s group, more than thrice the size of them. They were led by some people that previously had joined together with Lumberis when they met Enjar the day before. Especially by the foremost man that had a fair face on his face.

Apart from him, there was also a woman that had included herself into this opposite group of Lumberis and Timan. A woman that had a good bearing and looks too to boot. But she was not that flashy, so no one paid too much of an attention toward her. Because naturally now there was a man that had a priority to be paid attention to. 

“So what is the choice that you had, Mr. Lumberis?” Enjar asked with an amiable tone. He stood alone, faced the two group of people in front of him. But he was not nervous, as if he was just an untrained man that had never stood up in public places against many people.

Lumberis wanted to answer Enjar’s question, but suddenly a voice started first before he even started. It came from a different group than his own group. 

He had a polite expression on his face. He looked better than most of the people in here, clothes that had a better quality that showed he had more wealth and status.. With a body that was not thin like most of the people here too, he looked at Enjar with respect and attitude. A smile was plastered on his face, as he cupped his two hands at the direction toward Enjar.

“Mr. Enjar, I may have something in my mind that might be worthwhile to listen to.” He said as he inclined his body toward Enjar. 

Enjar looked at the person for a while, evaluating the man and thought what kind of motives that he had. After he contemplated for a few seconds inside of his mind, he beckoned him to continue his talking.

“I will introduce myself first, in case you didn't know my name. My name is Raph, and before I was appointed by the previous people that you had fought before to be the representative of this village and be the controller of this village.” He said politely to Enjar. 

“My preposition is that what if we don’t have to go to a death fight with them? As you might know, we all here are just some villagers that only wanted to live in peace and harmony. We did not want to shed our blood, and make our family sad and miserable by leaving them to the battlefield. What if we just negotiate with them so that we c

When Enjar heard what Raph just said, he smirked. A smirk that turned into a little laugh, which turned again into a loud laughter. He was as if he did not want to laugh at all, but because he could not hold it anymore, he just laughed it all without any restraint. His head was facing the sky, from the impact of the funny joke that he had just heard. His left hand held his eyes, possibly to stop himself from laughing too much. 

“Are you being serious?” Enjar looked down again, and asked the man with narrowed eyes. His joyful appearance was like an illusion that disappeared without any notice. He looked at Raph just like how an eagle looked at his prey. The glints that glittered inside of his for a while just now looked like it was a spark that came from a friction, a friction of something that crossed Enjar's way. Raph could only shudder and bear with it, and proceeded to explain further. 

“Mr. Enjar, you are strong compared to me who is just a villager that did not have any power. You do not know how we villagers live in this kind of place, where we are just being taken advantage of every time we are trying to live our life. We only wanted for us to live in peace and all, living our life with our children and family. Can’t you think it over please?” Raph asked once again with a forced smile. 

Enjar did not even smile this time. He looked menacing and intimidating, that no one dared to look him in the eyes no more. Almost all of them looked away when Enjar started to become like this. The atmosphere became tense all of a sudden, and some people started to sweat buckets. Even the woman before also had her heart beating like crazy, as if she was in a big dilemma. She took a look at a certain male in the opposite group and had a complex expression drawn on her face. 

They know just how strong the man in front of them was. If he wanted to teach this in Wheatfield Village, he could literally do it without any problem.  He could easily defeat the group that had controlled this village before, single handedly. He might also have had other people help him too, so what kind of power could they use to resist Enjar? 

Enjar started to conjure fire from his two hands. It only took a second for it to appear and wildly, flaring all around Enjar’s hand without any hurdles. Fortunately, there were no other people beside him, or they might get hurt from Enjar’s flaring flame. All of the onlookers’ eyes became a slit, as if they did not want to believe this happened. Did they just make a blunder just now? What will happen to us then?

“Shut your trap mouth, Raph you prick!” An old voice suddenly erupted from the opposite group of Raph’s own group. It came from Lumberis, who had a hideous expression drawn on his face. Raph heard what Lumberis had just said and had an ugly face plastered on his head. 

“Where is your damn manners? Don’t you understand your position here!?” Lumberis voice thundered. Either he was angry, or he was afraid of something that was quite obvious here. 

0