Chapter 47 : Awkward
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes!!” They were trying their best to obey Enjar’s command and direction. At first, they all did it because of fear and apprehension. But after doing this for some time, now they turly felt fired up. Hearing what Enjar had said and looking at Enjar’s own performance and capability truly brought reassurance and aspiration to them.

They felt that this might be truly the best chance for them to take on. All of the man’s saying was so on point, looking at how he tried to

The biggest point was that he was alone! He did not bring with him his men that would help him to control the village, or some experts so that it would be more intimidating to the villagers, or bring some people that would be the one to be his hands. 

If he was like a boss who ordered his own men to teach and be on the back side, this impact would never be this big. But they saw the first and experience on how Enjar did his thing, and they could see the living spirit that shined everyone in this place.

Timan the boy that Enjar helped before was mesmerized every time he saw Enjar commanded the people. He was so motivated every time he saw how Enjar handled his things, either from strategizing plans, moving into action, commanding formation, all of them.

He wanted to be like Enjar, who could become an inspiration, a man that would help people that needed help. A man that would risk his own life for the sake of others. It was so noble, so honorable, and so chivalrous. He too, wanted to be someone that was brave enough to fight against injustice and evil.

Enjar accidentally and coincidentally looked at the boy’s direction, which made the two gazing at each other. Enjar grinned for a moment and looked away. The boy’s eyes somehow widened in surprise, not knowing what to say about it.

Did he notice? Did he know that the boy had been looking at Enjar in admiration and awe? He could only rub his nose and smiled wryly, becoming somehow awkward about it. He somehow became more focused in whatever he was doing right now.

Enjar looked back to the other parts of the drills to oversee the situation better. He was still grinning at this moment in time, because he felt that all of this was put in motion just like what he wished. Now he looked in a certain direction, where Blaid and his men walked toward when they were kicked out from Wheatfield Village.

~

The drills kept on going when it was around afternoon, where the sun was still shining brightly albeit it was not exactly above the top of the heads of people. They were directed by Enjar to go home, to take a rest after working so hard in the field.

They felt like they were reborn, a new light appeared on their faces. A hope that never appeared inside of their eyes was appearing like a bud of flowers in the spring season. They still felt spirited inside of their hearts even though they were  tired and all.

When they finally arrived at their own homes, they were surprised. Most of them were surprised because what they saw was a warm welcome, almost in every household that they had. The wives were preparing some good foods on the table, looking at them with loving gaze and warmth. The foods on the tables were full of menus and nutritional values, meats and fresh vegetables were cooked in a delicious manner.

They were truly surprised right now. They did not even expect that t

What happened just now? What did they miss? Did something happen while they were away?

It turned out that Enjar ordered the women folks about this kind of thing before the men walked out to train. He told the wife of Lumberis to prepare such a feast in every household, to welcome the men in warmth and love after they had been working out today.

Lumberis’ wife obeyed Enjar’s order and told the other women to follow Enjar’s order and prepare whatever the best food that they could. 

It was one of Enjar’s way to surprise everyone, a good way to rejuvenate their tired minds and body. Enjar knew just how tiresome their activities were before, so what he could do was just to let the women service their man in the house. He knew exactly just how powerful the healing property of a wife’s care and love, so he as the advocate of good things naturally wanted to share this kind of happiness. 

The men did not expect this at all. They did not know what to say after they arrived at home, looking at these odd happenings in their household. Either the wives and husbands were all in awkward situations honestly. They never do this kind of thing, and it was pretty funny to say the least.

“Hahaha!” And a laugh erupted. From one household, to another household, they basically had the same nuance. A laugh from one to another, from this cringey atmosphere around them. But it was warm, they could feel each other’s love and care just from looking at their eyes. It was truly… funny and cool, that happiness could not help but arouse inside of their hearts. 

“So how was your day today?”

“It ain’t much but it’s honest work.”

“It seems like you had a rough day today.”

“Nah, it was just some normal things, your husband is a strong man after all..”

“Are you tired?”

“Yeah I’m quite tired honestly, but I still can do some things at night, hehe.”

 ~

That was basically the conversations between the couples inside of their own houses. Enjar did not need to see with his own eyes to tell what was going on inside of their households. He did not go to the village, but he went to the periphery. He looked at the forest and he saw that the sun was about to go down, marking the sunset for today. 

The people were having their own rest and activities inside of their homes, playing with their children and spouses. While for a certain household, there was a quite different atmosphere inside of a house where Timan the boy was at.

In front of him, there were foods, drinks, and vegetables. He had just taken a bath after sweating a lot from the training today. When he was in the drill, he was one of the most enthusiastic people that trained with vigor. His eyes were burning with passion, trying to achieve the best of what he could achieve. 

But after he arrived in this very home, somehow his eyes dimmed. He had a complex expression drawn on his face. He just did not know what was the best thing that he could do right now. 

Was it because there was a woman in front of him right now? The woman was the big sister that he had, in which there were only the two of them in this very house. He was naturally happy and glad that the woman was cooking all of this and preparing these kinds of things for him after he was working out today.

But still, his cold feelings that he had were still not washed away just because of this. Just like at that time when he came back from being beaten by the people that had been kicked out by Enjar before, he had that same kind of feeling every time he went back to this very house of him.

Still, he ate them with gratitude and thanks. After all, he was being taken care of and he thought that eating the foods that had been prepared for you, especially by the people that were close to you, was a blessing that not everyone could have. He too needed to be grateful and responsible by eating whatever was prepared for him.

From the cold feelings that he had, to this gratitude that he had, he felt conflicted inside of his heart. So he truly did not know what he should do right now. The best thing he could think of, was to eat the foods that were prepared in front of him right now. 

But he was not the one who was restless. Because the woman in front of him was also having quite a distress that could easily be told just by taking a few glances at her. 

0