Chapter 48 : Autumn Season
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman was restless ever since she found out that the boy in front of him was beaten up by the gang before. More than that, she was also restless because Blaid the bald and his men were kicked out from Wheatfield Village. She naturally also did not know that Blaid in fact was the true leader of his group. 

For as far as she knew, the leader of that group was a man called Clind. He was also the first one that took an aggression against Timan by punching him in the face and kicking him in the gut, who was confronting the group for whatever reason. Even up until now, his body was still having bruises all over his skin. 

But he bore with it, looking like he did not mind it at all that much. He was trying to be tough and strong, by not complaining about such things that he called small problems. More than that, he wanted to show it to a certain man that inspired him, to show that he was not a weak guy, a boy that wanted to be strong too.

This village was occupied by the Blaid and his men, they took many merits just by occupying that village. Showing protest against them was not a thing that was out in the realm of possibility. And being worried about the possibility of retaliation and revenge was also a natural thing. 

She knew that Clind, Blaid, and the people that occupied this village were not the total members of the gang. And for as far as she knew too, the rest of the members had better equipment, strength, and numbers. And they were located in another village that became the gateway for this very village to contact the outside world.

Did not it mean that they would face a disaster then? Because they would be trapped here, without any chance to run away unless they ran through the mountains? That would be like a suicide, because if the people in this village truly tried to run away toward the mountains, then there would be many occurences that would happen.

 

For example, the gang would just wait for them from the other side, and wait for the coming of the villagers. Or, they would just pursue the villagers through the mountains, they had better skills and such, running away would be a pretty bad idea too. Or they could just circle the mountains, and wait for the villagers to come down. They knew that the villagers' rations would be depleted, and hunger would be one of the reasons for them to come down from the mountains. 

What the gang would only need was literally to catch a single person, and he would exact the information about the whereabouts of the other villagers through whatever means they had in their arsenal. And from that point, the villagers would meet their dead end. 

“So what were you doing today? I could guess but it doesn’t hurt to hear it from you. Is it training for what was to come?” The woman said suddenly, possibly trying to divert her thinking to be positive and good. 

“Yeah. We were trained with the intention to fight against those people. Those bastard Clind and his goons.” The boy said with a cold voice. His eyes seemed sharp and, with a face that looked like he wanted to pay back his revenge. 

The reason he said it like that was possibly because he was still having a conflict with the woman in front of him, or because of the remembrance of a certain man that he just mentioned. Or maybe because it was because of both. 

Timan’s big sister became more restless after she heard what his little brother had just said. Her eyes looked like they were in distress, that kept on looking away instead of looking for what was in front of her. 

Timan did not even bother to notice her being like this. He kept on eating while minding his own business. The foods were getting emptier every time a minute had passed, most were eaten by the boy that looked like he would absolutely finish all of this even though there were many menus here. 

The woman only ate little portions, seemed like she was not in the mood to eat or her appetite was just that small. Every time she ate a spoon, the boy would have already taken 4 spoons of food into his stomach.

The boy suddenly said to the woman in front of him. “I will ask you a question now. Just why did you do”

“Enough.” The woman cut him off before he even finished his question. He was dumbfounded at first, and then he became frustrated, becoming angry all of a sudden. His face was contorted, with sharp eyes that tried to peer into the woman in front of him. His two hands could not help but become fists, he gripped the utensils that he was still using with strong grip.

“Just what the hell are you thinking!?” The boy did not bother talking to her anymore and stood up from his chair. He wanted to smash down this table into smithereens, but not only would he be an irresponsible man, he couldn't even break the legs of the table from smashing down his fist toward it. He stormed off from the dinner room, sharp glints appeared inside of his eyes.

Timan’s big sister’s hand reached toward the back of Timan. Alas, her hand was in midair, their distance was making it impossible for her to even scratch his back. The boy did not even know that she had reached out her hand toward him as he kept on walking away, not even for once looking back at her. His face was still in anger, as he gritted his teeth while stomping the ground hardly every time he walked a step. 

The woman’s heart ached when she saw him becoming like that. Honestly, she did not mean to shut him off. It was just a reflex that she had when he was about to ask a certain question, as if she did not want to think about it at all. She bit her lips, while looking at the back of the young man with a very sad gaze.

The woods had become ashes, she couldn't take back what she had just said anymore. But more than that, she honestly also did not want to talk about it. He maybe would not understand even if she explained it to him. That was why she was in a dilemma, because if she called him then the conversation would happen. And just like that, she chose to be silent, but her heart felt like she had just made a wrong choice. A wrong choice that she did not know what to do to amend it. 

She could only look up toward the ceilings, as if trying to hold back her tears from flowing onto her cheeks. Closing her eyes, she put her two hands on her mouth, with her elbows leaned on the surface of the table, while her whole body started trembling. 

~

“Damn it!” The boy shouted out loud. There were no other people around here, in this excluded space that the boy found while trying to run away from his house. He did not care where he went, he did not care who saw him, he only wanted to sound out his frustration into the air, with the purpose so that he could feel better.

Unfortunately, his downcast feeling was not reduced at all. His countenance was in disarray, with his hair in a mess, and clothes that looked haggard. He looked toward the sky, even though it was pretty shiny at this moment of time.

But he still looked at it. He looked at it with a very sharp gaze and narrowed eyes. Before suddenly, his eyes looked sullen, becoming red like an autumn season. And streams of tears flowed into his very cheeks. 

“AAAAAAAHHHH!!” 

He cried in a very loud voice. His voice sounded very desperate, as if he was in an agony that a man would not want to feel at all. He slammed down his two hands onto the ground, and his flowing tears dripped onto the ground, just like how a rain would wash the earth.

“Why…

Just why… did you do that… 

Big… Sister...”

0