Chapter 55 : Exchange
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Heh.” Enjar had a mocking grin attached on his mouth. He looked downward toward Alvred and his men that had serious expressions on their faces. He shook his head, as if he was disappointed regarding certain things. And it was related to the people in front of him. Especially Blaid, in which Enjar looked at him with a pitiful gaze.

“So this is your answer, huh? I have warned you to be a good guy and started a new life, and this is the answer that you got? What is this? I think there is something wrong with your head.”

“Shut up!” Blaid shouted with an ugly expression. Blaid who heard this somehow felt angry and annoyed, a mix of the two feelings together with a hint of embarrassment. He looked at Enjar with disgust and annoyance.

“What do you mean? Am I wrong? I give you a chance to redeem yourselves, and you chose to bite the hand that gave you salvation. If this is the case, then don’t blame me for being rude toward all of you here.” Enjar said, with a wicked smile displayed on his mouth. 

Enjar looked at the eyes of the people below him with keen interest. He looked like he was looking at the criminals that were about to face the judgment, with a tool of punishment in his hand. 

“You all have been occupying this village and taking all of their benefits and taking it only for yourselves. You said that you are trying to be the protector, but what I saw was just a group of a gang trying to extort the villagers with the word of ‘protecting’. This was just too shameful, don’t you think so?” Enjar played with his spear while he talked to the people below him. 

“And now, not only are you trying to redeem yourselves after I let you free, you even bring more men to subjugate this place again. What is this? 

“Hmph, this is just a blatant baseless accusation. What do you know about this? You are just an outsider that never lived in this place for not even a week, and you suddenly said all of this nonsense. Who do you think you are?” Alvred answered with a snort. Even if he was truly extorting the villagers, how could he say that out loud and declare that he was actually an oppressor or even a robber with the name of justice? 

Enjar grinned when he heard that. He threw a scroll toward Alvred who had spoken just now. 

Alvred looked at the scroll with a low interest, until his eyes widened in surprise after he looked at the contents carefully. He looked at it for a few seconds and he realized that this proof was the real deal, and Enjar could use this to do whatever agenda that Enjar had on inside of his mind.

“That is the proof that you might be wondering. What do you think?” Enjar smirked while looking at Alvred with an amused expression.

What Enjar just gave toward Alvred was a compilation of proof that he had gathered after he stayed in this village. It was not much, just a bunch of proof that he found about how much extortion that Alvred, Blaid, and his men applied toward the Wheatfield Village. It showed that on paper, they seemed like they only took a little portion from the village, but in reality they took more than that. And Enjar had the data that showed his proof and suchs.

Alvred did not think too much in which he proceeded to rip the scroll apart. He had a mocking grin as he looked at Enjar. What kind of a dumbass that threw the proof toward the suspects, in the wilderness of a forest, without even blinking an eye or two? Surely Alvred was not that kind of a person! But what in the world was the man in front of him thinking that he could naively throw the proof toward him?

“Proof? What proof?” He wanted to laugh out loud right now, even to the point of making Enjar puke his blood from anger. His smile got so wide that it was only a matter of seconds before he would be laughing without stopping. Looking at Enjar's face truly made him want to give him a punch or two. But the shock that he wanted to see from Enjar was not shown. He did not even see a frown appear from his eyebrows. 

Enjar kept on having his same expression on his face. He took out something from his robes and showed it to the people below him. “Oh, I mean this proof.” 

The people had a weird expression drawn on his face when Enjar said that he had another proof. They did not expect that Enjar had the time to copy the proof, and in his hand he still had the same proof. Alvred felt like fainting when he saw Enjar holding yet another scroll that had a big probability to be yet another proof. But it was not 100% until he saw it with his own eyes, right?

“Hmph, I can’t tell if that is not the proof or not if I don’t see it myself.” Alvred said with a snort yet again. His ugly expression could be seen clearly even by hearing his first word. The people that he brought together with him somehow felt a little embarrassed on how his leader acted. But they decided to just follow the flow and look at the situation.

“Oh, okay. Here, see this.” Enjar threw the scroll in his hand yet again toward Alvred. Alvred only took a second to glance at it and he could deduce that it was basically the same as before, so without further ado he ripped it apart yet again. And his face gained a smile yet again to form on his mouth. 

“Maybe I’m blind, because I did not see the proof yet again.” The grin on his face clearly had a mockery inside of it, as if he was just playing with a child. The way he ripped apart the paper was so leisurely as if he didn't even care about it one bit. Just taking a look at it truly could make one annoyed to cloud nine. 

“I see, I think you are truly blind because…. As you can see here, this is the proof that I’m talking about. What about you, baldie? Don’t you see this?” He looked at the bald man with a confirming expression. And again, another scroll appeared inside of his hand. Without even looking at the contents, somehow they all knew that this scroll was another proof that Enjar had.

Blaid felt like he was in a drama show or something because he clearly did not expect this kind of exchange. What the hell is this? Why are they not fighting and instead they bickered toward each other like some kind of  angry neighbors? And when Enjar called him balide, he could not help but have a vein or two appear on his temples. 

And Alvred had it worse. He kept on getting mocked by the man in front of him as if he was an idiot. He thought that he never felt so frustrated and so angry before in his life that he did not want to wait to give this man a good punishment before killing him. The humiliation that he felt was off the chart, even though it was for something silly like this. 

He felt like if he tried yet again doing something silly like before, he would lose his dignity and looked as if he was slapping his own face with his own saliva as the topping. Even some of his members had decided to stop him if Alvred wanted to do it again, because their mouths could not stop the cringe from coming. 

“Puahahat! Look at your faces you dimwits, it would be amazing if you can see your own faces right now. Naturally, especially, you.” Enjar pointed his finger toward Alvred. The one who was being pointed felt like he could not take it anymore and just to hell with it, he would do whatever it took to kill this bastard. 

He was a pretty calm man but just from this short exchange, he felt like he had done something out of his character. After he thought about it,  it was all because he ripped apart the second proof that he looked this pitiful.  Now he realized the silly mistake that he made. But no matter what he did, his members would truly take a notion on this incident and his position would be naturally challenged more. 

0