Chapter 56 : This Would be A Long Night
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjar faced the enemy in front of him with ease and calmness that could be told by seeing his gestures and postures. He was standing straight, seemingly ready to fight anyone who might stand on his way. WIth the sharp eyes that he used to see his surroundings, it made an impression of a galiant and courageous man. 

“Ahhh nonsense, we are just talking some crap if we are talking with him. Attack!” Alvred ordered with a loud shout. His expression was grim when he saw the situation around him. 

Enjar was still having a grin attached to his mouth. He spun his spears diagonally, provoking some winds to blow his robes that made them flutter. He looked so ready to fight against them even though his enemy in front of him was not small in number. There were dozens of them while he was alone without any support behind him. And some had a better disposition than most of the members, which looked like they had something up their sleeves.

There was only 1 casualty among them now, which had been rendered into an unknown state whether he was dead or not. A spear had been impaled into his body, more accurately on his right shoulder. The spear came from behind him, pierching through the front part of his body. 

The people here prepared to use their long ranged weapons. In which there were arrows and bows on their hands now instead of swords and blades. 

The thin man and Arin neared Enjar with fast speed. Their postures looked solid and sturdy, better than most of the men here. They tried to cut off Enjar’s escape route if he ever decided to do that. Enjar did not even flinch when he saw how fast they were approaching him. Just when they were about to reach their destinations and when the arrows were launched toward him, Enjar jumped.

*DAB*

His jump sounded with a loud momentum. He did not jump toward the enemy below him, or toward Arin and the thin man. He jumped toward what was in front of him. Meant that, he jumped toward the air, to the area where it was above the location for most of the people here. 

The enemy below him calculated where Enjar would land and after he landed on the speculated location, they would launch their arrows toward him. It was probably a mistake on Enjar part because he jumped to the range of their weapons, instead of backward to seek a distance between them, 

He reached around the middle of the crowd above the air in only a second, and he proceeded to jump again. And his direction was toward the ground, to the center of the crowd that watched in confusion. 

*BAM*

“Scorching Arson..” 

A loud sound from how hard Enjar landed was accompanied with a low whisper that came out from his mouth. Sparks of fire appeared around him, as he slashed his left hand in a circle horizontally just as he was descending down toward the ground. 

“Expanding Ring.” Line of flame in the form of a circle was advancing toward his surroundings, which consisted of his enemies that had long ranged weapons. The flame was spreading with a fast speed and strong impact. 

The people did not expect how the fight escalated so quickly like this. They did not know that Enjar could jump that strongly, he literally jumped midair and caught them off guard! And especially the people around Enjar where almost all of them had changed their weapons to the long ranged weapons. They could shoot toward him, but what if they miss the targets and shoot their allies instead?

But in the middle of their thoughts, the flame was struck against them and set them ablaze. The hot feeling of burn made them realize that they received an unexpected blow. 

“Gaahh..”

“Aahh…” 

The people who were the nearest to Enjar were thrown off from the impact of the flame, as if the flame itself came with an enforcing power with it. And the fire was speeding out with a speed around 100km/h, not leaving many to defend against such an attack.

“On guard!” Alvred shouted with a loud voice as he projected energies in front of him. He faced Enjar's direction, and he proceeded to go near him with haste. Enjar too looked in the direction of Alvred with a grin plastered on his face, and he jumped toward his direction with a hard kick. 

*PAANGG* 

The sound of two hard objects colliding with each other reverberated through the air. Even creating some winds because of the impact that happened from that friction. Alvred used a two handed great sword that looked heavy and sturdy, but also sharp. He had a grim face while he looked at Enjar with acute glints inside of his eyes. He had struck down his sword vertically, and it was stopped by a spear that was used in a horizontal position with two hands holding the two opposite sides. 

The two weapons were trembling from the force that the two people put toward their respective weapons. Enjar was still grinning, and he honestly looked like a maniac even though the situation looked odds toward his favor. Alvred could actually use his sword to slash it horizontally, which would supposedly hurt one of Enjar’s hands that were holding the spear. But somehow he had a feeling that if he did that, he would be trapped in Enjar’s snare, even though he did not know how Enjar would achieve that. But he believed his calculation and was still trying to put some pressure downward toward Enjar because he expected something else to happen. 

The standoff was only for 2 seconds before another person interrupted their interaction.

A sharp blade was coming toward Enjar’s back that did not have a premonition or two. It was like a deadly snake that came toward its prey, but with no sounds that accompanied his action. It could be a deadly attack because of how powerful yet silent it seemed, that would pierce through meat and tendons like tofu. 

But somehow Enjar was able to sense the incoming attack. He crouched down at the critical time, catching the attacker off guard because of how unexpected it felt to him. And because Enjar crouched down in a very controlled manner, the big sword was about to slash down toward the one who used the blade as his weapon. 

While on the other hand, the blade was also about to reach Alvred with a fast speed. An abrupt stop was made by the blade holder which disrupted his standing and momentum, while Alvred could not help but hold back some power behind his slashing sword. Because of that, their postures were out of place and it was at this time that Enjar launched his next attacks. 

His sole feet exuded some sparks of fire, and from that Enjar feet moved at a fast speed like a rotating turbine. His right leg kicked Alvred on his gut, while his left leg kicked the blade holder. The kicks were strong and impactful. The two who received the attacks were thrown off because of them. 

“Kuh..”

“Gah..”

Some little grunts came out from their mouths. The attacks hurt, but somehow it was not fatal to them. As if their bodies had armors to protect their vital parts. The blade holder rolled on the ground, but Alvred had a better disposition. He proceeded to launch a ranged attack toward Enjar with his great sword. 

That’s right, a ranged attack using his sword. He did not throw the sword or something alike, he only slashed his sword horizontally to the direction of Enjar. But energies were manifested from the slashing that he just made.

“Slashing Cut!” Alfred shouted as he executed his attack. The slashing energies were approaching Enjar fastly that it would be hard for Enjar to evade it. Enjar made a throwing posture with haste and he threw the spear in his hands toward the center of the slash that came toward him. 

*Siiuuu*

*Baasstt*

The slashing attack was broken off from the spear that Enjar threw toward it. And it did not stop there, as it kept on approaching Alvred albeit the impact was slowed down. But the spear had lost some of its parts after it came out from the slash. Alvred did not expect that this would be the case, so he abruptly made a defending position using his sword as the shield.

*Paang*

Fortunately for Alvred, he was able to protect his body from the spear that had been thrown toward him. He had an erratic respiratory as he exhaled a mouthful of air, with a grim expression drawn on his face.

“This night will be a long fight.”

0