Chapter 57 : I Am the King
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BAMM*

*Sriizzz*

*Kraaanng*

The sounds of fighting resounded in this particular area, where it was packed with trees, bushes, and big stones. A lone man was fighting against a group of people for a while now. The situation looked balanced, even though the single man was alone without any supports or reinforcements whatsoever.

*BANG*

Enjar and Alvred were flown from the impact that they received after they exchanged their last attack. Enjar stabilized his body mid air and once again he was standing on a high ground. Alvred was pushed and his feet got dragged from the impact that he received. He used his sword to stop himself from advancing backward by stabbing it onto the ground.

Enjar was able to hold his ground even though he looked like he was in a mess. HIs clothes were ripped here and there, there were bruises on his hands and body, there were cuts attached on some parts of his body. Though in all they were not deadly, it could be concluded that he looked like he was in a pinch.

Even though his situation looked grim, his face was showing an otherwise depiction. His confident demeanor and straight body depicted a person that stood tall like a big tree that would not be cut down even if a strong storm approached it.. Especially his mouth that kept on smiling every now and then. As if all of this was not even a scratch for him. 

While for his enemies, their conditions were not far of either. There were about one tenth out of their members that had become casualties from this fight. Most of them had taken a long distance from where Enjar was standing, opting to use long ranged weapons to deal with him. Either that was the best option for them to deal with someone like Enjar, or it was just that they were just being nuisance if they faced Enjar,, or they were just afraid. 

While a few people faced Enjar head on with swords, sabers, and something alike. The distinct difference between the two groups was that, the one who faced Enjar head on was a group of people that looked like they were an expert. They had better dispositions than the people who distanced themselves.

And the people who use those short ranged weapons had similar conditions just like Enjar. They were hurt on many parts of their bodies. Although they looked in a mess too, there were no fatal injuries or critical wounds done onto them. 

Just from this alone, it could be deduced that Enjar was stronger than everyone here. He was not only stronger, he was also more skilled in his master of weapons. Fortunately, they consisted of a team that was able to hold their ground against him, or else defeat was a natural thing for them. Even they had slightly better chance to defeat him if this tren kept going on. 

And the one who has the best condition was Alvred. He only had a single injury attached to his left arm. It was just a grazing wound, created when Enjar attacked him using his spear. The wound was not deep, and it could even be called a scratch. 

His skills and power were the best among his men. His energies that he manifested were powerful and he was able to threaten Enjar’s life by using his energies. If he heard an opinion that he would lose against Enjar in a one versus one, he would snort and beat that person black and blue.

“Haa..  Haa..” Sounds of breathing from the fatigue that they felt after fighting for quite a long time reverberated, especially for Enjar and the people that he fought in close range. They had been fighting nonstop since the first attack that they launched. 

And now, a temporary truce occurred to them for a moment. As if they agreed to each other to take a little breathing so that they could fight again after this. 

“Who the hell are you? Why are you meddling with our business?” At this moment of silence, Alvred shouted with an apparent hostility drawn on his face. He was quite tired too even though he had the best condition out of them all.

“Me? I’m just a bypasser that wanted to save a village that was oppressed by a group of gangsters, you got a problem with that?” Enjar said with a mocking grin on his mouth. His tone sounded provocative for some reason, with a hint of ridicule inside of it. 

Alvred ‘s mouth twitched in annoyance. “What gangster are you talking about? We are the government that governs this village and you trespassed our area. Do you think you can do whatever you want just because you have a skill or two?” He said with a denial response. 

“Hmph, as if I would believe that crap. What kind of a remote village had this kind of power inside of it? “ Enjar spat with a disgusted expression on his face. 

“I don’t know what kind of vile a gangster you are, but I will uproot it and eradicate it from this surface of the earth!” Enjar exclaimed with a loud voice, trying to make everyone in this area hear what he had just said.

Alvred had an annoyance . He naturally knew that was the case too. But how could he acknowledge it? The important thing was that once he killed this man, then the information about Alvred and his men were not going to be out. So he was just trying to have a conversation so that he and his men could have a breather too.

Or maybe for another reason, because right now a man was approaching Enjar with a silent approach. It seemed that Enjar did not know this person was approaching because of how he did not even look at this person direction. 

The person approached Enjar with careful steps, and surprisingly every step that he took, there were no sounds that could be heard. This was a forest, where there were many grasses and something alike, so it was bound for someone to make a sound every time he took a step. 

“Hmph, you’re just talking nonsense. I don’t know what kind of a background you have, but know that you will not be let off!” Alvred snorted in displeasure when he saw Enjar acted so righteous as if he was the most holy person in the world. He too did not look at the direction of the person that approached Enjar, as if he did not even know it. In fact, all of his men were also like him. 

“Aaahhh… What kind of a background do I have, you asked?” Enjar had a very intrigued expression on his face. His eyes widened in surprise from hearing the question being asked to him. 

“Are you sure that you want to ask me that question? You might be losing your demeanor if you know my background.”

Alvred and his men seemed like they were in a complex situation after hearing what Enjar just said. They naturally did not know what kind of a man they were facing right now. They did not even know how this man could arrive in this place without even passing the Willow Village.

A background that had this kind of man who could take on them alone by himself, surely it was not some measly background. And realizing this, they somehow had contemplating expressions. 

But if that was the case, then why didn’t Enjar tell them from the beginning? Using it as a threat to force them into submission? At least it could act as an effort to waver their determination.

They knew either way that they needed to subjugate this man nonetheless, but still it was just weird for him not to say his background or something. Therefore they could not help but think about the situation once again. 

Enjar smiled when he saw their expressions. He stood with an upright posture like a proud man trying to show his might and status. 

“I am a king from a kingdom called Red Abyss.” Enjar said with a gentle expression plastered on his face. His countenance looked majestic and full of honor, with how sturdy and full of confidence he looked. 

The people seemed like they were in awe, from how they were dumbstruck from the information that they received. Some of them had their mouths agape from the shocking revelation that Enjar just informed them. 

0