Chapter 58 : 5 Experts
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They could not believe what they had just heard. The man in front of him was a king? This realization was like a thunder that came out of the blue. 

The surprised expression on their faces could not be more apparent. They just did not expect that the man in front of them was a man like that. A king? He was a king? 

“You are crazy!” Alvred shouted while pointing his index finger toward Enjar. He shook his head, as if he had just witnessed something shameful, pitiful, and disappointing. The way he looked at Enjar was quite different than before, as if there was a different light now. 

Alvred’s men too had odd expressions on their faces. Was Enjar being poetic or something? Being a king of an abyss or whatever, surely there was no such thing like that for as far as they knew. They had general information regarding the existing kingdoms in this area, and they even knew kingdoms that were far from here that not many populace in this region knew about them. 

“As I thought, you are just a nonsense person that did not even know basic communication. Here I thought that you are some hero wanna be or what, but turns out you are just a mad man. Ptui!” Alvred spat out some saliva toward Enjar’s direction. They were distanced pretty far from each other, so the spat was not even close to Enjar. Still, the clear disregard could be told by taking a single glance on Alvred’s face. 

“Ha.. Hahah.. Hahahah! Puahahat” Enjar suddenly laughed. He put his left hand on his face, while his face was thrown back as if because of the impact from what Alvred had just said. He truly looked quite odd, either from his laugh, or facial expression. 

The onlookers looked at Enjar laughing weirdly, thinking that Enjar might have truly gone crazy. Did they really just fight against a man that did not even have intelligence, someone that has something wrong inside of his mind?

“Ahahaha… No no no, you got it right. What you just said was not wrong at all.” The menacing smile on Enjar’s face got wider, while his eyes widened like saucers. He looked at Alvred right in the eyes while he raised his left hand a little bit.

“They called me a mad man too.” Enjar grinned in a maniacal manner. Suddenly, Enjar’s left hand exuded flame, flaring tall toward the sky. It was forming into the shape of a spear yet again, even though he was still holding a spear on his right hand right now. 

And it was at this moment that an unexpected attack came toward Enjar. The attack was so silent as swift, that it was not possible for one to evade or block it unless he sensed or knew that an attack was coming. But because of it being so silent and swift, it was like an impossible feat to do. 

*Srriitt*

The attack landed on Enjar! And just like what was to be expected, Enjar looked shocked from the sudden attack that seemingly came out of nowhere. The attack came from the man that had tried to attack Enjar when Enjar was in a stand off against Alred at the first time. 

The man who attacked Enjar used his blade to attack Enjar’s chest, specifically toward the place where Enjar’s heart was located. He attacked Enjar from his back and naturally it was hard to stab a person’s heart from the back side. But somehow he was able to pinpoint where Enjar’s heart was located. 

It could be told from this point alone just how skillful this man was. But fortunately for Enjar, he somehow was able to move his body at the right time, hence his vital organ was spared. Although the price would be his left shoulder, where the blade landed at it because Enjar tried to crouch down but he was fast enough.

The blade was directed to slash down Enjar’s flesh by its holder, but Enjar was able to move his body out from the blade’s thrust. Enjar gritted his teeth and parried the blade that was trying to hurt him again. He canceled anything that he was about to execute and changed it into something else.

“Arson!” 

Enjar shouted, and a similar form of an attack that he had executed before was appearing in a quick manner. A flame was flaring toward the man that had attacked Enjar just now. It was like a flame, but it had different properties, in which it also had some form of an explosion. 

But because of the attack that Enjar had just received, or because Enjar was not able to chant the perfect skill so that he could execute it better, or maybe because of another similar reason, his attack seemed weaker than before. 

The man who attacked Enjar put his weapon in front of him, and he slashed toward the incoming flame, blocking the attack using his own attack. And he was able to put down the flame that came toward him with a relatively easy effort. 

Enjar had a grim expression on his face, as he looked at the people around him with sharp glints inside of his eyes. This was the most fatal attack that he received today, an attack that was able to pierce through his flesh. He only had bruises and some minor injuries before, but now he suffered a blow that made him exuding out his blood like a river.

But his posture was still solid. Even though his wound was apparent, he didn't even flinch without even glancing at his wound. He kept on looking at the people around him while still holding his spear strongly. 

“Heh! How was that, you punk?!” Alvred shouted out loud while looking at Enjar provocatively. All of his close ranged combatants had rested enough already, and more than that they had dealt meaningful damage toward Enjar. They needed to pressure him once again so that Enjar would keep on being defensive, and they would find a gap to deal fatal damage to him. 

Enjar’s position was not good, right now. He was around in the middle of the people here. He was not in the middle before, but after he received that attack, he found himself being surrounded by them. They had positioned themselves by circling him, cutting off his retreat route. He could break off this formation by breaching a side. But it seemed that it was not going to be easy.

Arrows were launched once again in the direction of Enjar. He evaded the arrows that were coming toward him by jumping to the area where the arrows were not aimed. After he avoided the arrows, he did not waste any more time and once again approached the closeranged people nearest to him. 

And it was toward Arin where Enjar was heading. Even though his left shoulder was hurting from his body movement, he still used his left arm to rotate a circle once again as he shouted out loud while he jumped hard. 

“Scorching Arson : Expanding Circle!”  While in midair, Enjar rotated his body as the flame was exuded through his left hand, and flame was expanding, blasting through his enemy. It was better than the last attack that he executed, but not by much. 

There were 5 people that had been fighting against Enjar closedrangedly. And all of them were able to use energies to fight against Enjar. Not only that, they were proficient in that field. They were experienced and could even be called experts. 

They had different skills and expertise, but one thing that was the same was that they were almost on the same level. There was Alvred who was like a hard hitting fighter, the blade holder who was the most agile between them, Arin who acted as a support to give a follow up attack or defense. 

They complimented each other, and their coordination and teamwork was excellent. Through that method, they were able to pressure Enjar who they thought of as an unknown expert that was tasked to handle them. 

But just like what they expected, they seemed to be able to win this match. With how things had been progressing, it was bound to be decided that the result would be announced.  

Unknown to them, a group of people were laying in wait around that area, waiting for a certain someone to give the order to them. 

0