Chapter 59 : Flamefall
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight kept on going on, between Enjar and the 5 people. While the others were giving support by firing arrows toward Enjar. If Enjar was just fighting against the 5 people in front of him, by the looks of it, it could be well said that he would be able to defeat them.

But because of the support from the archers or long ranged weapon users, it was pretty hard for Enjar to contend against them.

Enjar at first was able to deal with the long ranged weapons by going into their positions and dealing them damage. But as the fight went on, his enemies were able to stop it from happening. 

The 5 people would try to stop Enjar’s advance, by standing in his way and keeping him busy. And if Enjar somehow was able to arrive in the formations of the long ranged weapon users, they would . They were not caught off guard just like the first time, hence they were able to block or avoid Enjar’s attacks.

It needed to be told that Enjar’s attacks were precise, skilled, and on point. But maybe because Enjar had been fighting against them for a while, he had grown tired and his attacks were not that powerful anymore. 

His enemies were naturally tired too. Heck, even their minds were tired as well. From this point, it could be told just how excellent their fighting skills were. They were experienced and had excellent teamwork. The supporters knew what and when to support, while the main dealers understood their roles and executed it beautifully. Truly a team that could not be underestimated even though they were just some gangs in this village. 

Still, they could not comprehend how a man could be this formidable, a man that could defeat their attacks and still stand on his ground alone. They needed to exert their utmost attention and prowess or some mishap might happen.  

And if it was going to keep like this, then Enjar would suffer a crushing defeat. The favors and situations were not in his favor. Even if Enjar was formidable, against this kind of people, he needed to do something more or else he would face the consequences. 

And it was at this moment where Enjar raised up his right hand, and a pillar of flame was flaring up toward the sky. It was pretty high, standing for more than 5 meters. He was breathing rapidly as if he had done a marathon. 

*Suuaasssss*

But his eyes were still sharp as ever. Even if the situations were clearly against him, he still appeared menacing and sturdy. His face was solemn and his demeanor looked like he was about to execute a skill that he had not done unto the enemies in front of him. 

Still, by the looks of it, Enjar was losing a great deal of energy when he executed this skill. It could be seen just how solemn he was looking, as if he did not dare to be careless. Unlike how he looked before. 

“Scorching Arson : Flamefall!” Enjar shouted while pointing his hand toward Alvred, who was in front of him. The power of the flame was strong and Alvred could tell how impactful it was just from looking at it. He once again prepared to brandish his sword intending to face the incoming attack.

He wanted to send a slashing energy attack, parrying Enjar’s flame while also sending an attack toward him. But because afraid of getting the consequences of underestimating it, he used his sword to guard himself up. His sword started to emit a color of white that looked like it strengthened his great sword.

“Boost!” Alfred gritted his teeth while putting his sword in front of him. And just a moment after that, the attack arrived.

*Whaaammm*

The flame was not only hot, but also destructive. It felt like he was under a towering waterfall standing naked below it. The pressure was overwhelming for him. He felt like he made a wrong choice, facing it directly like this. 

But what could he do then? Running away from the flame? That might be a better option but he did not know just the mechanism of this skill. What if Enjar was able to swipe this flame when he was running or evading? Then he would only paint a bullseye mark on his back. That was why he decided to tank it through. But he knew that he definitely made not a good choice here. 

It was not even 3 seconds since the time he touched this flame skill for the first time. Alfred knew that he could not hold out for long against this kind of thing and 2 more seconds he would be done for, tasting the deadly attack in front of him directly by his body. 

The people behind him, which consisted of the long ranged weapon users, knew that they could not defend against this. So they had made a way so that the flame was able to pass through them. Nah, more like they avoided the flame’s direction before it reached toward him. 

*DAAM*

An explosion occurred at the place where Alvred was standing. He was thrown off backward from the impact of that explosion. Enjar did not waste anymore time and proceeded to approach the direction that had become empty after he executed this skill.

All of this happened for around 3 seconds! It all happened so fast that Arin and his close-ranged units did not have the time to stop Enjar by attacking him from behind or from his sides. Most of them had moved to disturb Enjar’s execution, but because of the limited time and the distance, they could not do that. They were caught off guard from this new development because they never thought that Enjar still had some cards up his sleeve!

“After him! He must be running out of energy!” Arin shouted out loud while he followed Enjar fastly. The thin man and the others nodded their heads and started to run toward Enjar’s direction too. 

“Uhuk.. Arin is right! Don’t lose him!” Alfred yelled even though his voice sounded a bit rough. That last attack truly made him. If he did not decide to throw himself off by using the explosion created after he used a skill, then he would only delay what could not be avoided. Half a second longer and his defense would be broken. At that point, he would face the consequences because of his wrong move, blasted by the flame and he would not know what kind of fate he would have.

Yes, he really thought that he took the wrong move. From the output alone, he could tell that it was not going to be easy to move his hand if somehow Alvred decided to run away. And with that, Enjar would not be able to easily target him. Especially the troubled expression that Enjar had after he executed that skill. He only saw a glimpse of Enjar’s face, but he could come to the conclusion. 

While the experts were running toward Enjar, the others were opening their formations. And because of that, now they were in the backside of the structure, while the experts were chasing Enjar with haste. The conjunction created two groups that were distanced now. Even though the long ranged weapons started to chase after Enjar too, there was a clear line that separated them now. 

They run after a while, passing a certain place. Now the distance had been long enough between the two groups, around hundreds of meters long. Enjar did not use the jumping skills that he usually used, seemingly because his energy was running out. He looked out of breath and tired with how his sweats were flowing through his body. But weirdly, a grin appeared on his mouth. 

He looked back toward his back and saw the situation. He stopped abruptly and extended his right arm sideward. The experts did not know what Enjar was about to do, and they were optimistic that Enjar was losing out of energy and stamina, hence he stopped and tried to fight against them. It was quite an opportunity too because the long ranged weapon users were still quite far from them. So they exerted a little more energy so that they could approach Enjar fastly. 

Enjar’s back was still facing the experts. If he did not do anything in no more than 4 seconds, then he would receive an attack that might be fatal to him. Still, he waited for another second before he muttered with a snap of his fingers.

“Scorching Arson : Wall.”

0