Chapter : 60 Advance
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A line of fire erupted from behind the experts that had been pursuing Enjar. It formed into a range of walls that stood for more than 4 meters. The walls stretched for dozens of meters, enclosed their positions into an isolation. It seemed as if they were trapped here, with no way out.

They were surprised when suddenly they looked at the situation, including Alvred. He too had caught up to the experts even though he was quite injured from the last attack that he received. Still, he did not dare to be careless and persisted to follow Enjar so that he could truly see with his own eyes that Enjar had been defeated. He thought that he was lucky when Enjar did not continue to use that last skill to blast him. 

But he did not have the time to think it through. He only concluded that Enjar had run out of energy, so that was why he was running away right now. Maybe the reason Enjar did not use that skill since the first time they fought was probably because the skill’s output was pretty high, and he might empty his energy too quickly. If he used that and the result might not be to his favor and his enemies were able to contend against it somehow, did not it mean that he was just a reckless person??

It might be part of his strategy to gauge Alvred and his men’s power. And after he had already known their power, he decided that it was time to go away, and fight again on another day. But could they let him off when Enjar had exhausted his stamina and energy, when it was the best time for them to defeat him?

Naturally they would choose to chase Enjar because the probability of Enjar truly being weakened. They had been fighting against them for so long while he was alone, how could he not be tired? So in a sense, they were gambling here, looking at the odds that had the most favor. If they were given enough time, they might rethink their decision and try to be rational. Because this gamble could truly take their lives. But the situation forced them to act, if not they might lose the biggest bet that they might have.

Seeing a line of flame erupted behind them, they had a bad premonition. A sign that maybe, they truly made a mistake, gambling toward the favor that actually was going to lose. That this was just a trap for him to lure them in!

They looked back toward the fire, glancing at the wall of flame that towered toward the sky and stood sturdily. They could not even see behind the flame, only the glaring fire that would burn any human that dared to approach it. Their expressions became grim and gloomy. 

*Zeeeebbb*

A piercing sound sounded a little, before they suddenly realized that there was still an enemy around them! The enemy that they should not underestimated, let alone gave him a chance to strike an attack toward them. Alas, because of the things that had been happening, they could not help but lower their guard down. 

“Ahhh!”

A scream followed quickly after they looked back to what was in front of them. The sound came from the blade holder who had dealt an attack toward Enjar earlier. Enjar stabbed his spear toward his chest, piercing it through his back without any obstacles. 

*Wen!” The remaining people shouted out the name of the blade holder. Looking at the wound that Wen had received, they knew that his fate was sealed. Their expressions turned grimmer when they realized this fact. 

Enjar pulled out his spear and kicked Wen’s body, making it easier to pull his spear while also giving him a chance to step back a little. He continued it by jumping back again, to the end of the flame that cornered him and Alvred’s experts in this wall of flame. Enjar had a wild grin on his face, as he looked at the enemy in front of him with a clear gaze. 

“One more enemy down.” He spun his spear with style, looking like a pro in the field of spearmanship. Looking at Enjar acting like that, his enemy's eyes turned cold. This action acted like a provocation toward them, and it truly made them could not wait to subjugate the man in front of them. 

Do you think you are something after you killed one of us? Do you think you are in control just because you are smiling? Do you think I’m afraid?

All of these thoughts raced through their minds, and they approached Enjar with clear hostility inside of their eyes. They brandished their weapons once again and activated their skills, manifesting their energies into some forms of attacks. 

And just like what Enjar had said, one more enemy was down. It directed toward the expert that had been fatally injured by him. Just like the first victim of his spear that Enjar had dealt with by throwing his spear with great power and accuracy, making his fate unknown whether he was dead or not because they did not have the time to check his body yet. And that first victim was actually also an expert! 

Two experts had fallen, becoming Enjar’s decisive action’s victim. The remaining people inside of this wall of fire could not help but grit their teeth. 

Enjar did not wait for another time, as he spun his spear once again, creating winds from how formidable he spun it, and jumped toward their position too. 

~

“What is that?” A question was raised as the men who had followed Enjar and the experts saw the wall of flame that was erected in front of them. They did not know what was going on, why a flame suddenly raised and what kind of implications it would make. 

A line of flame that separated them. They could not see what was going on behind that wall of flame. Many thoughts appeared inside of their minds, but they knew that they needed to do something right now. 

They were separated for hundreds of meters. They were less agile and less powerful than the experts, because they could not exert energies just like those experts. And now they truly had no idea what would be the best idea for them to do. 

The leaders were those experts, while they were the lackeys that obeyed those experts’ orders that were now inside the wall of flame. Clind was actually also one of the lackeys, the person that acted as the leader of the gang when they governed the Wheatfield Village, and the person that punched Timan the boy which incited the others to beat Timan too. 

They planned to discuss it for a bit, but alas suddenly they heard a commotion around them. What they saw surprised them to the core. They could not believe what they were witnessing right now. 

The villagers of the Wheatfield Village had surrounded them! They were on all of their sides, except from front most of their sides where it was the location of the line of fire. 

They could not believe that these villagers dared to raise weapons against them! They had incited fear toward them, and had been governing this village for a while now. They were sure about that, but now reality had proved them wrong. 

The men looked like they were prepared about this. They had resolute expressions drawn on their faces. Young and old, all of them had weapons on their hands even though they probably could not be compared to the weapons that the men in front of them used. 

Their weapons looked crude, and some did not even use sharp weapons. Using hard sticks or something dent like those. But from the looks of their expressions, they still decided to part themselves into this fight even though they had lower experiences and equipment. 

The one who led them was an old man that had been called as the village leader before, Lumberis. He had a sharp looking blade on his hand, as he looked at the supposed enemies in front of them. 

Before Clind and his men had the chance to walk their way out, Lumberis shouted out loud.

“Attack!”

“Uooooohh!”

Quickly, the people that he brought with him proceeded to advance toward Clind and his men with vigor and spirit, as if they had been looking forward to this moment.

0