Chapter 61 : Clash
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chaos erupted as two groups of people crashed against one after the other. The villagers of the Wheatfield Village launched an ambush that his enemies never expected. This did not only serve as an unexpected strike, but also a mental blow. This kind of shocking progression was out of their mind. They did not have the time to worry about the villagers when they were fighting against Enjar. They did not dare to be careless, or it would spell doom to them. 

But reality was a thing that they needed to face. They could only grit their teeth and brace themselves. If it was any other time, they might be able to contend against them easily. Heck, even appearing in front of them could bring intimidation and apprehension inside of their hearts. But looking at the situation and their conditions now, it was hard to decide. It was all because of Enjar that all of this happened, and they could only curse beneath their breaths. 

There was a similar condition between the two groups. Either from the gang or the villagers, there was not a single one who had the ability to harness energies. All of them could only use their respective weapons to fight. The only people who could manifest energies were the experts that were fighting Enjar as of right now. If only there was a single person who could use energy to launch an attack, there would be a tremendous gap between the two groups right now. 

And there were also differences between them. The first one was about the numbers.The villagers had more men compared to the gangs here. The total of these villagers was more than three times than the total of the gangs. The villagers clearly overwhelmed the gangs with their sheer numbers that could make the battle easier for the villagers. Naturally, they needed to be united if they wanted to win this battle. 

And secondly, armories. The gang had better weapons and armories, from how sharp their weapons and sturdy their plates were. While the villagers, most of them did not even use armors to protect their body. The least they could do was to at least bring some weapons with them to contend against the enemies in front of them. Still, the villagers looked prepared because Enjar had also instructed them to use the best clothes that they had. So they did not dare to fret over his instruction.

Thirdly, the experiences and skills. The gang had topped the villagers in this field. They had been involved in many kinds of battles, and this surely was not the first time for them. While the villagers never fight in a battle as big as this one. The only experience that they had was from Enjar when they were training in a drill the day before. Their minds were still fresh regarding the things that had been taught to them, so they at least did not seem afraid or have wavered wills that could be exploited by the enemies.  

Fourthly, the gangs were quite wasted from fighting Enjar a while back. This was the most disadvantage that the gang had. Most of them were tired physically and mentally, there were some who had been injured because of the fight, and there were some who had fallen, hence reducing their numbers. This naturally put a heavy weight on their shoulders because this battle might be worse than when they were fighting against Enjar. At least they had the experts on their side in this regard.

Clind acted as the leader on his side, while Lumberis acted as the leader of the villagers’ side. Even though Clind was just a lackey for the experts, he at least had a better position than the others. He acted as the leader too, so he naturally had experience in leading the men and organizing his men. 

Timan, for some reason, had been eyeing Clind as if he was a prey. He kept on looking for a chance to strike and planning his attack ever since he saw Clind in this area. Recalling what happened to him, there should be a grudge that harbored inside of his heart. He was beaten without even giving him a chance to talk about his reasons. He had braven himself to at least try to talk to them, but the result was too overbearing to him. 

He was punched in the face and kicked in the gut, without giving batting an eyelid as if it was normal for them to beat them. This kind of injustice was truly stabbing his heart, bleeding inside without pouring a drop of blood. Especially when he was far younger than Clind. More than that, he got ganged by the others too. The disappointment that he felt after he realized this fact was devastating to him. And that was when Enjar came to help him.

Was this the feeling of being saved? He did not know that it was so sweet and… touching. Imagining that the people would look down on him because he was humiliated like that, imagining the pity that the people would have had toward him was a plus that truly made him angry and frustrated. Do you really think I need your pity?! I need your help!! Don’t you dare look down on me like that!

Just when he desired for some help, Enjar jumped on his stead and helped him. For some, it might be just a small thing, a possibility of a coincidence that happened without any particular reason. Even if it was like that, he was truly happy when Enjar had arrived to help him. It truly meant a lot for him. The timing was so on point that it was impacting his spirit. He could not help but looked up toward Enjar, desiring to be like him who could at least be strong enough so that he could protect his loved ones. 

 

Now Enjar asked for help, and it was also to help the villagers to be free from this Clind and his goons. How could he not join when Enjar requested assistance like this?There was no way for him to not want revenge for what happened to him. This battle served as a chance for him to exact his grudge, how could he miss this?!

For most so-called modern people, he might be called a child. But in this place, he was already big enough to be called an adult. He had responsibility toward his family to help them sustain the family. He was educated by the family to be responsible. He would then become a head of the family, where he would need to sustain his family there too. There were not times to be playing around for most of the time because there were necessities needed to be fulfilled.

This created a strong personality and person that the conditions molded him into. Someone who could bear the bitter moment of life and had a tough mentality. And naturally, it did not mean that he could let those who did injustice to him to be spared when he had the chance to pay back. Being a weakling was different than being oppressed after all. 

*Wreeennng*

*Srrrriiiss*

*Graaakkk*

Sounds of weapons being smashed around was reverberated in this supposedly silent dawn. The intense situation looked contrast to the serene atmosphere created by the dark sky and quite cold temperature. 

The villagers were attacking based on the drills that had been trained to them by Enjar. They did not just blindly attack them. Because after they showed themselves, Clind and his men calculated their situations and decided to retreat. If they were not trained by Enjar, they would probably follow them and go out of their ranks, breaking their formations and creating a chance for Clind and his men to make a swift comeback.

They listened to the order of Lumberis and stayed in the positions that had been told to them. It was because their purpose was not only to deal as much damage as possible to these goons, but also to stop their advances. Just like the situations before, these goons were distracting Enjar from defeating the experts. They kept on harassing Enjar by giving support to the experts from a long range. That was why the plan was for Enjar to defeat the experts first, while the villagers needed to protect him from these goons!

0