Chapter 14
512 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tian Chen was very satisfied with the offering, “As promised, We will grant any one of your wishes.”

“Any, Your Majesty?” the man asked.

“Of course, that is, except any wish that will harm Our country and beloved subjects,” Tian Chen confirmed.

“This humble one does not demand anything excessive.”

Mo Shen revealed himself. His hair was still damp from his adventure, exuding a sensual charm to the whole audience. The women blushed one by one and whispered to one another excitedly.

“I wish for my lord’s status as Your Majesty’s Honorable Consort to be changed to Qian Jin Imperial Palace’s Honorable Prince. He shall be treated as an honoured guest from Qi Ming Nation, not as a member of the harem,” Mo Shen dictated every word clearly without any fear.

Rather, his confident smile was somewhat challenging.

The air went coldly still. All the excitement died down as people waited for Tian Chen’s verdict.

Never in the history of the empire had a servant demanded the Emperor to free his master from the harem. Even families gave up their daughters and sons once the Emperor set their eyes on them. They wouldn’t dare to even try buying them back.

Not only that, he even told the Emperor to give a higher degree of respect and hospitality to his master.

Really not afraid of death!

Just how much did he care about his master?

Tian Chen glanced at Xue Lan and saw the other was expressionless by his attendant’s demand.

There was only hopelessness in his eyes.

Xue Lan stood up and knelt down to Tian Chen, “Your Majesty, this subject begs your mercy towards his attendant’s impudence and ignorance. This subject will take full responsibility for his words and actions.”

“…” Tian Chen turned to him, “Honorable Consort Xue, a master’s wish is a servant’s command. Are you truly not satisfied with the position you are in right now?”

“My feelings do not matter–”

“Answer Our question,” Tian Chen didn’t want to hear any excuses.

“…As a man, it is difficult for this subject to say that he is satisfied with the arrangements of my nation. But as a prince, this subject dedicates his life to the prosperity of his nation. In what status he is able to contribute is nothing of importance,” Xue Lan paused a short while and lowered his head further, “and as myself, I am willing to stay by Your Majesty’s side.”

Tian Chen tightened his fist in hesitation.

He didn’t know what he exactly wanted. He only knew that he wanted this man.

If he freed Xue Lan from the harem, he wouldn’t be able to have him as a whole. Although the country accepted male consorts and concubines, a male empress was forbidden since they couldn’t birth any heir. Moreover, he already had an empress.

If he freed Xue Lan from the harem, wouldn’t the other not have any excuse to love him anymore? He wouldn’t admit his feelings despite him already being a consort. Wouldn’t it be more difficult for him to admit his feelings once he lived here as a Qi Ming Prince?

If he freed Xue Lan from the harem…

Would Xue Lan still choose him over his country?

“Your Majesty, this country, the people in it, and the sky above it all belong to the Son of Heaven,” Xue Lan slowly got up and held his hand. “This subject is aware of the vastness of your heart and your unconditional love towards your people. Even towards a former enemy prince as I am, you have allowed me to call myself as your subject.”

Tian Chen’s heart trembled.

“This subject took advantage of your compassion and crossed the line,” Xue Lan let Tian Chen’s hand go and bowed. “Your Majesty, there is no need to distress your heart for an insignificant consort. Your wish is my command.”

A eunuch stepped forward, “Your Majesty, the past emperors had never failed to fulfil the winner’s wish. We can take this as a symbol of gratitude to heaven for blessing your reign with a divine beast.”

“Your Majesty, the divine beast is also very fond of the Qi Ming Prince. We can offer him as its Sacred Attendant. You have not touched him yet, so he is perfect for the role,” another one chimed in.

The eunuchs advised differently from one another but most of them didn’t have any objection to Mo Shen’s request.

Tian Chen signalled them to be silent. He looked at Xue Lan for a long while before finally coming to a decision. The head eunuch stepped forward and declared the decree in a loud voice.

“In honour of the ancestors, the divine beast bestowed by the heaven to their son, and the heaven itself which blessed us with the dragon’s blood, His Majesty shall fulfil the wish of this year’s winner as stated in tradition,” the eunuch announced. “Starting this second, the Prince of Qi Ming Nation shall be the Great Qian Jin Empire’s Honorable Prince. He shall be treated with the same respect as a Prince rightfully have.”

“Long live the Emperor,” Mo Shen knelt down with a hidden grin.

“Long live the Emperor!” everyone immediately followed, including Xue Lan.

Tian Chen gazed at Xue Lan longingly before he forced himself to leave.

He didn’t know if he chose the correct option. But if he regretted it in the future, if Xue Lan would ever betray him, he could still have him by his side in the yellow spring.

Xue Lan watched Tian Chen’s departing back thoughtfully.

After the ceremony, Xue Lan’s residence was moved to a new courtyard which previously belonged to Tian Chen’s Imperial Uncle. There were already several servants inside, ready to be at his beck and call.

The head eunuch listed him all his benefits and restrictions as an Honorable Prince. It took him a full 5 minutes to say everything before he handed him the decree and left.

The servants didn’t dare to come close to Xue Lan with the divine beast still there, but they sensibly asked for directions.

Mo Shen gave their work division around the courtyard except for Xue Lan’s chamber and kitchen. Those were his personal territories.

Conveniently for him, the bathtub in this place was inside the main house.

The tiger chose to sleep on the rooftop of the main house. It surprisingly could hold its weight.

The main house was separated into 2 areas, the front hall and the bedroom chamber. The front hall was where they could receive guests and do regular activities while the bedroom chamber was the private area and where the bathroom was.

“Ah…the haven of just the two of us is now lost,” Mo Shen lamented dramatically. “Who is it that stole our happiness from us?”

Xue Lan, “…?”

Did he get soaked in water for too long?

Mo Shen led Xue Lan to the tub behind a screen where hot water was already prepared. With the windows and doors all closed, the two of them bathed together as usual.

Xue Lan sighed in comfort as his fatigue was all relieved.

“How was my performance, My Lord?” Mo Shen enjoyed Xue Lan’s body heat as well.

“Mn,” Xue Lan closed his eyes. “Passable.”

“I knew I should’ve gotten the whale,” Mo Shen shook his head in ‘regret’.

“What is a whale?” Xue Lan curiously asked.

“A fish as big as this house.”

“…That’s a bit excessive.”

“But wouldn’t it be both interesting and dramatic?” Mo Shen chuckled.

Xue Lan inwardly agreed, “But it would expose your…abnormality.”

“The method of transport would also be troublesome,” Mo Shen added.

The two of them soaked a little longer than usual. Mo Shen dried Xue Lan and dressed him in his sleeping robe before preparing his dinner.

As he ate, Xue Lan noticed that Mo Shen was staring at him with an annoying grin on his face.

Xue Lan, “…”

He silently sipped his tea.

Once Mo Shen returned after washing the dishes, he was immediately picked up from the couch and placed on the round table in the centre of the bedroom chamber.

“You carried me all the way here just to put me onto a table?” Xue Lan couldn’t understand what was Mo Shen doing.

“If you do it in bed, I can’t guarantee I won’t do something more,” Mo Shen trapped Xue Lan between his arms and inched his face closer. “I’m ready anytime.”

“Why are you so eager? You’ve seen me naked every day already,” Xue Lan didn’t want to admit he was feeling rather embarrassed.

“Because you’ll be giving it by your own initiative,” Mo Shen unhesitantly answered. He caressed Xue Lan's cheek with a teasing smile, “My shy little master is going to kiss me. How can I not get excited?”

“…Who’s shy?” Xue Lan’s lips flattened and slapped Mo Shen's hand away with his fan.

“Who else but–”

Mo Shen’s teasing was blocked by thin, soft lips. He hadn’t yet savoured its sweetness when it already intended to leave.

No way he would let it go so easily.

“Mh–?”

Xue Lan was caught off guard when Mo Shen chased after his receding lips and pressed him onto the table.

26