Chapter 6
471 29 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This chapter contains descriptions of prison life, parts of which were lightly inspired by how Nazis ran concentration-camps and misgendering
Announcement
CW: Prison

??? POV
I woke up, or rather I was woken up, by guards banging their batons on the bars of my cell, as usual. I’d wanted to keep sleeping for a bit longer, but I had learned very fast what happened to inmates who didn’t get up and I did not want to go through that experience ever again.
Sleep and especially dreams helped a lot, which was probably why the amount we got each day was limited. Still even in dreamland, the cold never left me alone.
“BREAKFAST IS READY YA FAILURES!” a guard yelled, before starting to shove some plates of gray mush, supposedly containing nutrients, into the window of each cell door that were meant for food-delivery.
Of course since he was a guard, he got to wear a nice thick and warm blanket, a luxury I would - at this point - kill to obtain. Instead I was forced to wear the prisoners uniform: some bland and colorless rugs that covered only the bare minimum, and did nothing to help protect against the cold.
The ‘food’ tasted awful, as usual, but I had long since gotten used to it. After finishing my breakfast, I washed my face, shuddering as the cold water touched my skin.
I had to give it to the empire, they had managed to create one hell of a mind-break fabric. I would refuse to give in, but I had been here the longest out of every inmate by far. Most people lasted a week, some tough ones maybe a month.
It was hard to tell for sure, given that we weren’t ever allowed to leave our cells, so keeping track of who left and who came was a bit of a struggle.
It kept me distracted from the reality of my situation though, so I tried my best to keep track.
I stiffened as I suddenly felt another presence. My magic had never really been trained and I had to use whatever limited supply of mana I could get in here to stop myself from freezing to death, so it wasn’t really available for use, but even still I did use it to sense other people's presence.
When I looked up, there was no one there, but I’d definitely felt a presence. It wasn’t the first time either, as it kept happening at seemingly random intervals.
I couldn’t interact with that presence, nor could I feel its thoughts, but it gave me this strange sense of comfort. Like there was someone watching over me, someone who knew how horrible it was in here.
I had given up on escaping this place long ago, but maybe if I had outside-help…
“No! Stop having hope. That’s how they get you. For all I know this is some guard with magic that allows the user to become ethereal,” I told myself.
I ignored the presence, like usual, and finished cleaning my face. I dried myself and sat on my bed, to meditate, like every day, because there was nothing else to do.
I was interrupted when I heard someone banging on the bars of my cell once again. I opened my eyes to see my least favorite person.
“So how’s our most loyal customer doing? Changed your mind yet?”, the warden asked me with her smug grin.
“I’d say go to hell, but then you’d just come back here..:”
“See, this is why you’re my favorite subject! It’s fascinating. You’re under so much stress, much more than people were ever meant to be under, yet you refuse to break! But don’t you worry, I WILL figure out what’s wrong with you and I WILL break you, like everyone else.”
I hated her cheerful attitude. I wanted nothing more than to punch her in the face right now, but I had a hunch that nothing good would come of that.
“You done?” I tried my best not to show my annoyance.
“Well I guess so. Was fun catching up with you! See you next week~”
She waved me goodbye before skipping away. Gods, the woman was infuriating. But she was gone now, so I could resume my meditation in peace.

Announcement
CW over

Draco POV
After confirming with Cynthia that the vehicle I had attacked did indeed have our target inside, I released my wings and started chasing after the rest of the convoy. It was vital there would be no survivors, and I would make sure of that.
Once I caught up, I dug my claws into the rearmost transporter and threw it at the car leading the chase. The impact probably instantly killed everyone inside either of those, and whoever survived would be taken care of by the exploding ammunition within the wreck.
Two down, three to go. I wasted not a second and went after the next closest car. While I could have just thrown it like I had with the other, I did pride myself in having standards. One of which was to avoid using the same trick twice – that was simply repetitive and boring.
So instead I ripped a hole in the armor of the vehicle and jumped inside. I was met by machine-gun fire, but that didn’t really do much beyond mildly annoy me, much to the shock of the poor imperial soldiers.
I spread my claws, cutting through the chassis on both sides and simply started running forward. Once the car and everyone inside was cleanly cut in half, I moved on to the next car.
One of the two remaining vehicles had started to shoot me with their mounted weapons, in particular the heavy gun on the roof, so I did the only logical thing and caught the projectile before throwing it back.
One shot, one hit, one explosion, about 12 dead soldiers. One vehicle remaining. It had stopped and the soldiers were scrambling for cover as they abandoned their post. I couldn’t really blame them, they were in a pretty awful situation and coms were down, but it did make my job a bit more annoying.
One of the soldiers started channeling mana through his origin and fired a bolt of lightning at me, which I easily dodged by tilting my head slightly to the left.
And just like that he had given me an easy way to get rid of everyone here. Diving down and landing right in front of him, I copied his origin and started using magic myself.
“I’ll be taking that, thanks”, I taunted him, before taking flight once more.
I charged up the attack a bit, knowing I would only get one since the owner of the origin I had copied was dead, before unleashing a flurry of lightning bolts in every direction, scorching the ground, splitting the rocks, and killing every sign of life as I covered the entire area with a sheet of glass.
My work here was done.

Crimson POV
“Oh really? What could I possibly know that you would have any interest in?” Bob smugly said.
“Omega.” Draco had landed behind Bob. “We’re looking for intel on Omega.”
Bob stumbled forward and scrambled away from Draco.
“HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! I SAW YOU DIE IN THAT SUPERNOVA!”
I pointed at my ears and, with an annoyed expression, and asked, “Could you keep it down? It’s very unpleasant to hear your yelling.”
Draco took a step forward and grabbed Bob by his shirt with his right hand and lifted him off the ground.
“I think you’re misunderstanding. WE are the ones asking questions. Your role is to answer them and then when we have what we want, die.”
Draco had said that like it was a fact, which to be fair, it basically was. There was no way Bob would survive today. Well unless Blue really could erase specific memories.
“Blue, do your thing!”
Blue, who had stayed hidden until now to avoid being hurt during combat, approached Bob and after concentrating for a few seconds, he had formed an almost ethereal sword and stabbed Bob with it.
“That should force him to tell the truth.”

Announcement
CW: Misgendering

“What did you do to me, lady?!” Bob yelled with a mix of panic and fury.
“I’m not a lady. I’m a man. And I simply cut away your ability to lie, refuse to answer a question or omit details. Now what does this Omega-Persons origin do?”
“I… I don’t know.” I could tell that Bob was putting up a big effort to not actually say anything. “I only know that Draco’s was supposed to be a replication of his, but that it failed.”
Draco narrowed his eyes. “I know this sounds weird, coming from the person who singled you in particular out for questioning, but how do you know that?”
“Of course I know that. I was the one who made your origin. They told me to replicate Omegas origin to the best of my ability without even telling me what it does! All I had was a DNA-sample. Do you know how ridiculous that is?! Hell, I can’t even tell you if your origin is similar to Omegas but weaker in some form or if it does something completely different.
Fucking hell this bitch really made me unable to shut up. That’s one nasty power she’s got…”
A metallic clank-sound echoed through the valley, before me or Blue could react to anything Bob just said. Draco had thrown Bob at the vehicle, leaving a sizable dent in the armor-plating.
“Misgender my friend one more time,” Draco said calmly, before cleanly punching through the hull of the vehicle, millimeters away from Bobs head, “and I’m going to identify as a fucking problem. And I don’t think you need any more problems right now…”

Announcement
CW over

Bob, still processing what had just happened, gulped before doing his best to nod. The dent he had made in the plating was probably the only thing holding him upright. There was no way he could have used reinforcement magic in time to prevent damage.
“So you don’t know anything else about Omega’s origin?” Draco was very quick to get back to business, however it was a futile effort, as Bob had passed out.
“Well better than nothing I guess… Blue, you said you can erase his memories?”
Blue stood dazed for a second, before confirming that and getting to work. While he was doing that, Draco removed the UPS from the car and threw it as hard as he could into a random direction.
I couldn’t tell if it burned up in the atmosphere, but if it survived the trip to space, it most certainly wouldn’t end up at this place again for a very long time.
I collected Bob’s sword in the meantime and once we were all done we returned to our ship and left.

 

Some of you may not know this, but I have a discord where I hang out, play truth or dare and announce new chapters and streams. If yall want to join; here's a link https://discord.gg/FhfwNcPVKK

12