C.3 : Mortals, Immortals, and Gods
1k 9 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three Gods and Goddesses vanished, and Sam's view shifted to Winter sitting on a throne of ice dwarfing even large planets and smaller stars.

The world around was one of ice and snow, and ever so often, the snow and ice would form beasts, some small and some larger than planets, but they all vanished after a few moments as Winter stared out into the distance.

"Mother." Two women appeared before Winter, heads lowered uneasily but Winter didn't even act as it she had heard them. One of the women had Winter's snowy white hair and the other had her icy blue eyes.

"If it pains you this much, we can bring her back. I doubt the other gods and goddesses will intervene at this stage." The one with icy blue eyes also had the same color hair.

"Even if we have to fight for your happiness, I will not hesitate Mother." The woman snow colored hair and eyes spoke again but Winter only glanced down at them silently.

"Her soul eludes me. If it were anywhere within the realm, I would instantly know and find it, but I cannot. Her memories will be lost due to her only being a soul without a vessel. It's... fine. Return to your domains."

"Mother I will not watch as your only happiness vanishes. It's been eons since I've seen you smile and even longer since I heard you laugh! Let us help!" The woman with snowy colored hair spoke up and the ever snowing world around them froze.

Snow flakes were suspended in the air while even the air didn't blow. Sensing the changes, the two women looked at each other, but steeled themselves and looked up at their mother who sat on the throne of ice looking down at them emotionlessly.

"Snow. Ice. Leave." Her voice didn't fluctuate at all, but the coldness and oppression but they endured. When they were nothing but mortals themselves, if not for the Goddess before them, they would have been long forgotten in the endless river of time.

"No! Mother you gave us our divinity, weakening yourself to do so. Two insignificant mortals crawling in the dirt of a primitive world, you allowed to become Goddesses of the realm. You told us that day to do what our heart desires, and this is what our heart desires. To help you."

"Are you challenging me?" Winter's body started to emit divine light as the world started to shake and distort under her power, but her daughters did the same and the Winter Realm started to crumble.

"You embody the concept and idea of winter and even your emotions reflect that. Cold and closed off. Nonetheless, even if that is how you are, I will not abandon you Mother." 

"Do you think I need you two?" A cold smile appeared on Winter's face as the world itself seemed to want to suppress both Snow and Ice until they gave in, but they exploded with power and stared at their adoptive mother head on.

"Yes." Both Ice and Snow spoke as one, and the all around oppressive force vanished as Winter stared down at them, her eyes widened in shock. Not many dared to deny her wishes, and these two insolent daughters of hers did today.

"You would defy me? I should be angry, but why is it... I feel so warm inside?" Sam expected Winter to fight them given what he had seen before was a bit shocked when he saw a crystal clear drop run down Winter's cheek.

"Mother!" Both Ice and Snow appeared by Winter's side, both embracing her while feeling tears in their eyes as well. Winter never showed a vulnerable side even to them her daughters, but now she did.

"Why? Why does my chest hurt so much? It's just a human, why am I like this?" Both Snow and Ice knew she had no experience with emotions nor did they, so they just kept rubbing her back to calm her down.

"Mother, emotions may bring pain, but it also gives you something more." Sam who thought Winter was quite literally an evil person, was shocked because the Winter he saw now looked more vulnerable and emotionally hurt than a child.

"I won't see her again! Why can't I see her again!?" Winter's voice which was always calm and serene was hurt and desolate, and as if to mirror her inner turmoil, the Winter Realm was encased in one giant blizzard.

"Mother it's okay. As long as you don't forget her, wouldn't you still have pieces of her with you?" Ice placed her forehead against Winter's and sighed, feeling vexed that her mother had to go through this.

"Why don't you ask your sister for help?" Snow hesitantly asked but Ice went to cut her off, but Winter who was silent listening to them let out a sigh of helplessness.

"Though I know she'd defy her own rules for me, I don't want to make her do that. Even if I want to do that more than anything in this realm, I can't ask that of her."

If Snow and Ice didn't know how obsessed Winter's sister was with her, they'd think she was just unwilling to help. A black haired beauty with similar colored eyes and an aura that seemed to consume the world emanated from her appeared in their minds.

"Besides, she hasn't been in this realm for millennia. Thank you my daughters." Winter gently kissed their foreheads and gave them a light hug to which they returned it before vanishing.

"Take care Mother." Snow's voice lingered like a sweet melody before vanishing as well. Winter sat down, eyes closed as she searched the realm once again and came up empty.

"This cannot continue..." Winter opened her eyes and overlooked the Winter Realm, gazing at the countless creations inhabiting it formed from snow and ice.

"You had it rough even if you are a goddess." Sam mumbled as Winter just stared blankly, feeling a bit disheartened knowing that even if it didn't look like him, it was him.

31