Chapter 3: The church of the sacred moon.
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The church?" Charles paused " Alright, raise the alert level to 2 and inform the Church to send some assistance." He smokes the cigarette between his fingers and closes his eyes.

two hours ago Charles, being a part of an investigating unit task with handling the occult-related case, was following up on a lead he got from his informant regarding the suspicious activities being conducted by the Machina Corporation. before arriving at his destination, he received a call, indicating that an abnormality alert level 1 had occurred in district 10, a group of protestors suddenly frenzied and attack any civilians at the premises.

After arriving at the temporary base of the operation site, he discovered how dire the situation had turned. when he learned that the injured civilians were attacked by the protestor, began seizing up and also started attacking other civilians. This caused the chief of the police station affected to mobilize a district-wide alert.

In the present, Charles was outside the tent, smoking, when an officer approached him and reported the situation. "I have the head of the occult containment department on hold, he would like to speak to a person with authority here." Charles sighs and steps on the cigarette. " Alright, lead the way."

inside, Charles held the phone to his ear and said. " Detective Charles Rowen of district 5's occult unit, speaking sir."

After 15 minutes, Charles put down the phone and exited the tent. he looked to the officer that notified him about the call. " What is your name, son?" he asked. "I'm Davidson from district 10, Sir." Davidson replied. "What do we do now Sir?" Charles reaches to his pocket and lit another cigarette. "Have been temporarily put in charge of this operation.

I was informed that the department head received a call from the former head of Petrikov Industries, that his daughter was supposed to be at the pier, 4 hours ago, he thinks that she might have taken a detour through district 12, and now is trapped inside."

"The department head requested additional support from the church, they will be sending 5 inquisitors to contain or if possible destroy the entity responsible for this disaster plus a hunter squad to search and rescue Roxy Petrikov." Davidson gulped and asked. "Roger that Sir, do you have any orders, Sir?" Charles pauses for a second to gather his thoughts.

"Prepare 10 men to assist the Inquisitors in the mission and tell them we have been granted clearance to use grade 3-4 Sealed artifacts so inform them go the armory first."


In the main cathedral of the sacred Moon located in district 1, an acolyte could be seen running, stopping in front of a door he knocks and opens it. "Bishop Marko, The Table is requesting your presence. Please head to the top floor immediately." after 2 minutes of silence "-and May the Holy moon forgive for my sins." Bishop Marko rose from his kneeling stance and nodded his head.

On the top floor, Bishop Marko kneeled in front of a round table with 12 people sitting around it, "I'm here to follow the table's orders."

"Ah yes, Bishop Marko, an alert level 2 abnormality has appeared in lower districts, find the man named Detective Charles Rowen at the entrance of district 10, supervise the 5 inquisitors, and form a squad of hunters for a rescue mission, you'll be informed about the details of the target by the Detective. that is all, May the moon guide you"

"As you command, may the moon guide us all." with that Bishop Marko left the room.

 


While Charles was monitoring the situation inside the tent, Officer Davidson approached him. "Sir, The reinforcements from the church have arrived." Charles nodded and said. " Good job, call the men, tell them we are beginning the breach as soon as possible." with that Davidson saluted and went off. Charles exited the tent and spotted the inquisitors.

5 bodies stood in a row in just outside of the tent, their height towering over Charles. Wearing a full suit of armor and a garb over, printed with a pale full moon. "damn, will the tent be high enough." Charles thought. In front of the inquisitors, a man was talking to a group of 4 people wearing different styles of clothing but wearing the same leather coat with the same pale moon printed on the back.

Charles steeled himself and approach the man that seemed to be the leader of the group. " May the moon bless you Father, thank you for answering the call. I am detective Charles Rowen." Bishop Marko turned to Charles and said. " May the moon bless you, I am Bishop Marko of the 3rd order of the Church of the sacred Moon. nice to meet you, Charles. I'm afraid, we are running on borrowed time here, let's skip the pleasantries and discuss the details of the plan ." Charles nodded. "alright, follow me." Bishop Marko turned to the inquisitors and said. " wait here. Natasha, Sergey, Olivia and Maria, Come with me."

they entered the tent and stop in front of a table with a detailed map of the areas. Charles began to brief them about the situation. "it's been 6 hours since the abnormality, from early reports before the barrier appeared, we were able to deduce that the first signs of this disaster occurred around the border of Districts 10 and 11, near the Petrikov Arms factories. I suggest, that once we breach the barrier, we should make use of the sewers to avoid getting overrun. then-"

Before Charles could continue, Bishop interrupted him. " No, we won't be overrun, the inquisitors will see to that, we just have to find the catalyst and destroy it. how long will it take us to get there if we use the roads? and also who is the person we are rescuing?" Charles was a bit taken aback by the bishop's statement but still answered his questions. " Depending on how fast we move, it would take us about 20 to minutes to reach the factory. the person we have to rescue is Roxy Petrikov, here is a picture of her. we were informed by her secretary that she was scheduled to show up at the pier but never did. she probably encounter something along the main road and had to use an alternative route through district 12."

"Alright, that's enough. Natasha and Maria, search district 12. Olivia and Sergey search district 11. if you have located the target, use the moon sigils and I'll send an inquisitor to your location. Any question?" surveying the room. the group replied." No, Sir."

Bishop nodded and face Charles. "is your men prepared?" Charles looks over to Davidson and seeing him nodding. "Yes." the meeting ended and the group exited the tent.

A total of 15 men plus Charles and the Hunters, followed Bishop Marko to the barrier. Clutching his necklace, he began to chant softly. seconds passed and the necklace started to emit a hum and an opening was created. after everyone had passed through, the opening was sealed again. Bishop Marko face the group and said. " let the inquisition begin."


Roger was about to lock the door when he saw Steve approaching him. " Mr. Roger, Sorry for coming late. is it alright if i come in? I brought a bottle of whiskey and some ham."

Roger smiled and said." No problem, since it's you Steve you can come on in."

 

1