Chapter 4: Dinner with friends
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" so Mr. roger any recommendations, preferably something around the 10 to 100 gold range." placing the bottle and the basket of ham at the counter. Steve looks around the shop, and he says. " it looks bigger from the inside." various items are displayed in glass cases, swords and other types of weapons on the wall, and other sorts of toys and trinkets. Steve places his hand on a display case. " is that a replica of the Helmet used by Sir Gideon the Brave? amazing."

roger takes two mugs from under the counter and pours the whiskey in. " it is not a replica, I bought it off from a merchant when I was touring the southern continent." tasting the whiskey, he says." you don't mind drinking from a mug, right? I usually drink by myself." taking another sip, before handing the other mug to Steve.

"No, it's fine, Mr. roger. Ever since Nari was born, I seldom have had the chance to drink at home. So drinking from a mug, a flash, or whatever would not make any difference." Steve laughs and takes the mug from roger. " you do have an interesting collection here." after perusing through the aisles with Roger. Roger asks." so did anything caught your eye? if I'm not wrong your daughter should be at that age where she still likes to wear jewelry. I have an assortment of rings and necklaces here. why don't you take a look?."

refill return to the counter to refill their drinks. Steve replied." oh nice, something she brings along outside and shows to her friends but wouldn't it be expensive, I'm only a newspaper stand clerk." roger reassures Steve. " don't worry, I'm sure we can find something that fits into your budget." roger stop by a display case. " for security reason I don't display them openly, I leave them in boxes. so just open the box if you want to see them. this row should be around the range of 10 to 100 gold. feel free to inquire if anything piques your interest." rogers goes back to the counter and waits.
Steve was about to ask about a ring with a blue gem, when he suddenly could not move his hand, sweet accumulating on his back, his drops the mug and he falls on his butt." oh it took a while for the effects to kick in, I'd say your about 70% human." 'Steve' moves his head towards roger, stuttering he asks. " how?"

roger picks up the mug from the floor and says ." this mug was made with ceramic mixed with fined trace amounts of powdered fairy wings. to humans it is harmless but it can be used as a deterrent on abnormalities. putting the mugs back on the counter. roger faces 'Steve'. " I will ask some questions and depending on your answers, I will choose to either spare or kill you. first question: who are you?"


 

Roxy held her breath and stood still behind the parked car. what is going on? she thought. why was the police station empty? I have to keep moving, maybe someone can help me figure out the situation.

she limped her way towards a nearby house and knocked. " hello, is anyone there?", from the gaps on the window curtains Roxy can see silhouettes moving. " please I just need some help, My name is Roxy Petrikov, I was unconscious due to my car crashing a while ago, do you guy know what's going on outside?" after waiting for a couple of seconds she did not get a reply. " please, do I just borrow a phone so I could make a call?" she sees the couple flinching and leans in to hear what are they saying.


"honey, why don't we help the poor girl, clearly she isn't one of those crazies we saw." "no, this is how they get people by pretending to be normal, we just need to stay in here and keep to ourselves."
Roxy tried once more to ask for help. but then someone shouted from the second-floor window of the next house. "get out of here, it's all your fault" then a bottle was thrown from the window and landed near Roxy.

she immediately left the house and went behind a tree. Roxy move on and tried several times at different houses but no one was willing to herself. sitting by she regain her composure. " I should make my way toward the next district." after deciding what to do she heard a voice nearby. she zoomed in on the voice and saw a child weeping in the street.


Roxy couldn't see clearly due to the streetlight flickering but the child was standing in the middle of the road while covering her face. Roxy slowly approached the child and said. " hello. are you alright? where is your mother? why are you crying? Roxy was standing 1 foot away from the child when suddenly two individuals rush behind her. one grab Roxy's shoulders and pull her away while the other held the child and stab it with a sword.


while holding Roxy, Maria said. " that wasn't a smart move, don't you read any horror stories? a child, in the middle of the night, all alone weeping is an obvious trap!" Roxy still petrified by the sudden events, turned to the person holding her. " The name's Maria and the one over there is Natasha. we are hunters from the church. we were sent here to find you by your father. if you understood what i said nod your head."

An eerie shriek could be heard coming not too far, a woman came out of a sewer-hole and a man leaped from the third floor of a building and ran towards Natasha. Natasha pulled her sword off the child and slice toward its head, kill the child. she then turned and charge towards the woman, grabbing its head and slamming it to the ground. evading the man and cutting of a leg, she stabs her sword at the man's back and sliding the sword upwards. "how long are you two going to stay there? we should hurry I think that shriek earlier was meant to alert the others" she said while stepping the woman's head, killing it.


 

Roger filled his mug with whiskey and said. " so just summarized what you said. you are Nari, Steve's daughter. after being employed by Machina Corporation, you were experimented on and after escaping, to hide from them you possessed your father's body." he downs the whiskey and stared at the empty bottle. " I'm not drunk enough for this." he took another bottle under the counter and said. " I'm going to give you 1 more chance to explain yourself. if I'm still not yet convince when this bottle is empty. I will turn you into a chicken and eat you."

 


 

Blood splattered across the walls when the inquisitor threw the mutated dog against it. when the inquisitor stepped on its head to kill it, another dog leaped and tried to bite him. grabbing the headless corpse, he slammed it towards the dog, pulverizing it. Another inquisitor held a man by his sides and ripped the body in half. upon seeing this, detective Charles felt goosebumps. he turned to his left and saw another inquisitor holding a sword made of light slicing a group of people.

"don't think about it too much, they already surrendered their fate when they chose to become heretics. only by giving them death, will their souls be freed." Bishop Marko put his hand on Charles' shoulder. " Come on now, I can sense that we are near to the catalyst. we must press on."

1