Chapter 5 : the full moon
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

sizzle... sizzle... sizzle

Roger flips over the chicken. " fried chicken after drinking is not a bad idea, good thing I had ingredients at hand."

sizzle... sizzle... sizzle...

turning off the stove, he puts the chicken on a plate and sits at the table. in front of him is a plate with 12 pieces of fried chicken with a side of mashed potatoes. " too bad I did not have any stock to make gravy." he picks up a leg and takes a bite. " delicious! crispy and juicy."

"Feel free to take one if you like." he turns to his side and pushes the plate towards Nari. " try it before it gets cold." Nari pauses for a second and takes one piece. " Sir Roger, what are you going to do about the Machina Corporation? since you have the means to stop them, why are-" Roger interrupts Nari " I'm just an ordinary human, what can I do? And drop the 'Sir', I'm not a knight. Just call me Roger."

Nari, a bit disappointed, looks at the piece of chicken and bites in. her eyes widen "Sacred Moon! That's got to be one of the best fried chickens I ever tasted." she continues eating. " Slow down, there is plenty more on the plate." Roger turns his head looks at an unconscious Steve and looks back at Nari. " Show me about your powers." Nari nods and stands up. suddenly her body turns translucent and she approaches the still unconscious Steve. Steve started to move and soon after takes a sit and begin eating again. after finishing a piece he says. " this was other people besides me in the lab. they injected us with a strange serum. Told us it was just a part of the procedure for new employees."

Roger nods." how were you able to escape?" Nari replies" I waited for an opportunity and possessed a guard and killed one of the researchers there and after causing chaos as much as possible there, I went home and hid inside my father's body,, plant to pretend to my father until I am able to get my revenge." Roger shakes his head. " why do you need to take revenge, why don't you just leave the city?"

" They weren't only experimenting on adults, Mr. Roger. to further develop and study my powers, they had me posses different types of people. I felt everything. every cut and stab. I finally decided to escape when they had me posses a 4-year-old boy." Nari pauses and looks at Roger. " I can't just let this go and leave the city... not after what I experienced." Roger sighs and takes the other leg of the chicken and puts in his plate.

"Alright, enough with the past. have another piece of chicken." Roger crosses his arms. " based on what you showed me, you should fall under the category of abnormality type 1, parasite." Nari tilts her head. " type 1 what?" Roger looks to Nari and says " abnormality type 1, parasite. from Night raven's Tales and Conspiracies." Nari still confused says. "I don't remember night raven publishing something like that!" Roger stands up "give me 1 sec, I know I still have it somewhere here." leaves and returns holding a Dusty and slightly worn out issue 1 of Night raven's tales and Conspiracies. he sits back down and hands Nari the magazine. " here. it should be easier to explain it with this, turn to page 12."

As Nari examines the page. Roger explains " Abnormalities, are categorized into 4 types. Type 1, humans or other living lifeforms, birthed in this realm, that posses self-enhancing or any extraordinary power. Type 2, is anything undead, demonic, and void-related creatures. Type 3s are a bit harder to explain, basically anything to do with concepts such as time, space, and death. and finally type 4, anything that is gods and goddess related such as the moon goddess of the sacred moon church or the steam god of the dwarfs."

Nari gulps and flips the page of the magazine." where did you get such heretical text and the church will burn a person and their family if they seem them reading this." laughing Roger replies. " yeah, I bought this copy before the church decided to screen the media. Back then NIght raven's works were more interesting.


the 3 women stop to catch their breath. " Maria use the Moon sigil now." Natasha said while pulling out a vial and handing it over to Roxy. " this should help you clear your mind. water blessed by the church." when Roxy drank the vial, her erratic mind cleared, after witnessing Natasha kill the child, she felt something inside her sprung up like something was whispering into her ear to attack Natasha. back then if they were not preoccupied with running away from the horde, she did not know what she would do.

Roxy knew what she felt then, it was pure hate. hate that grew from seeing the child die. but to her surprise after drinking the vial, that hate vanished. Roxy turned to look at Natasha and instead felt thankful. she realize that something was influencing her emotions before like a puppet drinking the vial felt like someone cutting the strings and setting her free. " Thank you. Natasha" she clutched the vial in her hands. Natasha nodded and went back to surveying the surroundings.

After using the moon sigil, Maria turned to Natasha. "Something's wrong, Bishop Marko is not responding." Natasha took the moon sigil and walk away from Maria to her knee and tried using the moon sigil herself. "something is wrong. either Bishop Marko drop his Moon sigil and lost it or they encountered something." while Natasha was still holding the moon sigil, Roxy drew closer to ask about what should do next. when the light from the sigil dimmed it suddenly expanded, enveloping both Natasha and Roxy in the light.

Voommm----
at the same time as the light enveloped the two. an ominous sound echoed through the streets. Maria looked up at the sky and saw that it had changed. like a bloody brush, the red clouds covered the skies. painting the district into a horrific land. when she looked back down she did find Natasha and Roxy instead there were 2 horned demons in front of her. when tried to calm herself down, one of the demons approach her and extends it toward her. Maria summons a saber made of light out of thin air and slashes it towards the demon.

 


 

Back in district 10, before the sky changed. Charles and his men followed behind Bishop Marko, who was being escorted by the inquisitors. after fighting hordes of people, blood covered the inquisitors from head to toe. every step they made followed an eerie squishing sound and blood was also dripping from their hands.

Charles being a seasoned Detective was partially ok but his men were not. out of the 10 that came only 3 remained. Charles sighed. He felt he had grown 10 years older since the mission started. pulling Charles out of his thoughts. Bishop Marko suddenly stopped and turned to Charles. "Somethings not right. right from the beginning, I wasn't able to sense any abnormalities with the heretics we fought along the way here. even the mutated dogs did not have any abnormal aura. it just feels like we were fighting normal heretics."

Charles pause and nodded his head. being a part of the unit tasked with investigating occult based cases, he knew what Bishop Marko was talking about. "we should prepare for the worse, I feel heavy amounts of pressure coming from that factory. the catalyst should be located there." Bishop Marko said to Charles before handing him the moon sigil. " worst-case scenario you should take your men and make a run for it and try to contact the church of the situation. ill stay behind with the inquisitors to hold back whatever evil is waiting for us at the factory."

 

1