Chapter 6: Strife
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Summoning a spear made out of light, Bishop Marko carefully enters the building. following him from behind were the inquisitors and Charles and his men. Surveying the area Bishop Marko notices a silhouette from the second level of the scaffolding. He signals the inquisitor to go ahead to attack it. "Charles be on standby, let the inquisitor handle this for now." Charles nods and grabs a cigarette in his pocket.

as the inquisitors made their way towards the silhouette, one by one they drew out their weapons. the light from their weapons illuminated parts of the building revealing rusted machinery and veins-like roots sprawled along the walls and floor. from the scaffolding, a man with a blindfold on wearing a bloody shirt and pants could be seen. without waiting for the other party to act, 2 of the inquisitor leaped to the second level and charged towards the man.

the man sensing this, simply raised his hand and whispered something followed by coughing large amounts of blood. After the man's actions, the 2 inquisitors flinched and collapse to the floor. seeing this, the others didn't wait any longer and lunged their weapons forward. sensing another income attack the man whistled. An over-size dog rush behind his back and bit the nearest inquisitor's neck. reacting to this, one trusted his spear but wasn't able to penetrate the dog's hide. the other raised his mace and swung it toward the dog, hitting it and sending it back towards the side of the man. they tried following up on the attack when suddenly the roots nearby pierce their bodies and holding them in place.

with the dog by side of the man. he thrust his hand toward the waist of the dog and pulled a great sword, twice the man's size. looking at the dog, the man petted the dog and said. "Good job buddy. it's almost time I can feel the moon reaching its peak." with that the man flicked his wrist and the roots on the floor sprung towards the dog. Wrapping and accumulating, when the roots finally stopped. the dog was now covered in red pulsing roots. with its master, the dog prepared to lunge again at the inquisitors.

the inquisitor, who got bitten kneeled with one hand pressing against his neck. a second passed and a bright golden light radiated from his hand. moved his hand away from his neck revealing charred flesh. Picking his sword up and took a step forward but before he could join the attack his leg was suddenly held by one of the fallen inquisitors. in the next moment, he found himself flying toward rusted machinery causing it to collapse and make a cloud of dust. the inquisitor that threw him, lifted his ax, and rush in towards the cloud of dust.

the second fallen inquisitor stood up and faced Bishop Marko and the rest. it roared before charging toward them. Bishop Marko switch his stance and brought his foot back while aiming his spear toward the incoming inquisitor. With a hair's breadth of the distance between them, Bishop Marko took a step forward and pierced inquisitor's heart, stopping the inquisitor by his tracks. right after, he quickly pulled out his spear and decapitated the inquisitor.

"Fast, Won't I be just a hindrance in this fight?" Charles thought " Detective Charles. Do as we have discussed. go back and report to the church. show my them my moon sigil, and they will believe you." BIshop Marko sigh. " I'm afraid, that whatever he is waiting for, it is already too late to stop it." Bishop Marko turned to face the Man wielding the great sword. "the blood earlier... it seems that the power, he wields, is also killing him, If I could push him hard enough, I might stand a chance." Bishop Marko held his necklace closer to his mouth and aimed his spear toward them

the man and dog sensed an attack coming but before they could react a beam of light burst out of Bishop Marko's spear and hit the man. sending him and the dog flying out of the building. as the light faded, the necklace cracked, Bishop Marko once again turned to Charles and said. " Go now, I can only do that 2 more times." with that Bishop Marko leaps through the hole and followed the man and the dog.

crashing through building after building. the pair finally stopped when they hit a clock tower. the force of them hitting it, caused it to crumble and collapse creating a huge dust cloud. Debris falling throughout the area. suddenly a hand emerge out of the rubble and push the debris away the man stood up and see the dog by his feet. the man stares at the dog, burned flesh, and half of its body is gone. he flicked his wrist and the great sword burst from nearby. the man petted the dog one last before stabbing it with the sword. the roots quickly transferred to the man, piercing his already injured body. the man's figure turned willowy. Coughing up blood, he faced the sky

When Bishop Marko arrived at the scene, for the first time during the operation he felt fear. looking down upon him on the hill of debris with its back facing the full moon. it pointed the great sword towards the sky, with a voice loud as thunder, said. " Come."

Red clouds rapidly started to form, as if like the sky were bleeding, Bishop Marko tightened his grip on his spear and held his necklace closer to his chest. he kneeled and started to pray.


 

Roxy surprised by Maria's action, quickly got out of the way and hid behind a tree nearby. Natasha was able to block Maria's saber with her sword but staggered a bit due to being attacked by her teammate. " After the bright light from the sigil faded, and the sky turned red. hmm. it seem that Maria, who was not close enough at the time, was caught in some kind of power." Natasha quickly organize her thoughts and formed a plan. she quickly charged toward Maria and sliced off the hand that was holding the saber. following up on her actions Natasha grabbed Maria's shoulder and push her down and hit Maria's stomach with her knee. then she threw Maria into the tree nearby Roxy. Lucky Roxy was watching the fight and quickly jump out of the way. " Hey, what the hell are you doing." Roxy look at Maria and realize she was only unconscious.

Arriving beside Roxy, Natasha was holding Maria's severed hand, and said. " Get ready to run, I'll carry her. I know a place in this district that can help us." giving Roxy Maria's severed hand." hold this, we can reattach it later." she took her belt and tightened it above the severed region of Maria's arm.

 

Nari was still talking to Roger about her plans when suddenly she heard something banging against the shop's door. Roger was a bit taken back and reached for a broom while Nari grabbed a knife. the 2 slowly made their way to the door. "Mr. Roger, this is Natasha, quickly open the door. we need your help!."

0