Chapter 7: The others
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Natasha gently sets Maria on the chair, she instructs Roxy to inform the other about their situation. Roxy approaches Nari and roger and begins to explain what happened. after listening to their story. Nari, who is still in Steve's body, gasped and turned to Roger and asked. " Why aren't we affected by the abnormalities outside?" Roger swung the door back and forth to check to see if the door had any dents or if it became loose due to Natasha banging a while ago, replied to Nari.

"there be might some kind of prerequisite for one to be affected. Ms. Roxy said that she and Natasha were protected by the Moon sigil, while us..." he pauses and points toward the inside of the pawn shop. " Many of the shop's inventory are artifacts that date back to the 1st era and the 3rd era, and said items might cause irreversible damage to the community if left uncheck." Roger confirms that the door did not have any dents and or any problems, closes it. " that's why I built this place using wood from the world tree and scammed *cough. I meant, traded with the elves into giving me one of their tree guardians " Nari is shocked and glances around the pawn. " Don't worry about the guardian, she's probably still in here, somewhere in the shop."

she nods but Nari was still a bit doubtful at what Roger said but decided to think about it later and she gazes back at Maria, who was still unconscious on the chair, and points to her. "shouldn't we tie her up? she might berserk and might try to kill us!" Natasha shakes her head. "No need. She lost a lot of blood on the way here. it's going to take a while before she regains consciousness."
Roger look at both Natasha and Roxy's condition and felt he should at least offer them something to drink. when he was about to go to the kitchen and fetch some water for Natasha and Roxy. he heard a squishing sound coming from his foot he looks down and sees that blood covered the floor, trailing from the door to the chair where Maria was sitting at.

His eyes twitch and a small vein could be seen appearing on his head "hey! Don't you know how hard is it to get the blood off the floor." he grabs his head and face Natasha. "Now I have to remember to clean this up before opening the shop tomorrow." Nari and Roxy's eyes widen, they thought of all the reasons to get mad about
Roger seemly reached his boiling point faces Natasha and points to Maria. "And why did you bring her here? do you think I'm some kind of a doctor or this shop is some kind of clinic?" While Roger was berating her for her actions, Natasha reaches towards her pocket and pull out a pouch. She hesitates for a while but after thinking for a couple of seconds she hands it to Roger.

Still mad about the floor, Roger unconsciously grabs the pouch and opens it. Roger tilted his head away from the light, to have a better view of the item. he grins and says. " interesting" and puts the pouch in his pocket.

doing a 180 on his emotions he begins to regain his composure, fixes his stature, and looks toward Natasha " Ah? Madam Natasha, your colleague seems to be in dire need of Medical assistance. as the Good owner of this fine establishment, I shall provide her with the best." Natasha rolls her eyes and watches Roger leave and return holding some clean clothes warps and a jar filled with a yellow liquid.

Roger after dipping the severed hand in the jar twice and placing it at the table. " in this jar is a mixture of troll's blood, dried angel's tear, and a secret ingredient." he unfolds the clothe and wipes down the arm and holds the severed hand in place.

After waiting for a couple of minutes Roger gently puts Maria's arm down with the hand already attached. he closes the lid of the jar and leans in at Maria's head. he opens her eyelids and says. " interesting. her state of mind was probably caused by an external force injecting her brain with a minuscule amount of abnormal energy, just enough to cause hallucinations. I can think of some solutions for this but the simplest and cheapest one would be to make the wear the Helmet of sir Gideon the brave."

Roger straightens his back and turns to Natasha. " the treatment is already paid but the helmet will cost you extra. do you still want to proceed?" Natasha nods. "do what you must."

Roger felt ecstatic about having a sale and said "that would be 21000 gold, Madam. if Maria wears the helmet, it should nullify the effects of the abnormality." Natasha sighs and gives Roger the gold retrieving the helmet from the display case and he gives it to Natasha. " with this, your request has been fulfilled." Roger steps away and places the jar back on the counter.

Roxy approaches Natasha and asks " what was in the poach? why did his attitude change after seeing what's in it?" Natasha first moves to Maria's side and places the helmet on her head and adjusts it so it wouldn't fall. then faced Roxy and said " the moon sigil."


Sergey puts on his shirt and grabs his pants from the floor. he notices the moon sigil in his pocket and holds it in his hand. Oliva notices this and moves toward Sergey and hugged him from behind. " Don't worry about it. We will just say we weren't able to find the target." Sergey sigh and pushes Olivia off. " sometimes, I regret joining this team." and begins buttoning his shirt. Olivia still feeling playful crawls on the bed towards Sergey and helps him. " Don't say that. we only got to know each when we both joined the same group. are you telling me now you regret ever hooking up ?"

Sergey was about to reply to Olivia when a burst of light came from the moon sigil in his hands. Both Olivia and Sergey were enveloped in the light after the light faded. Sergey opens his eyes and looks toward Olivia. "something must have happened to the bishop. hurry and put on your clothes already." as they left the house, they were shocked at what they saw. for the sky had turned red. and one of the clock towers that could be seen from district 10 was no longer there.

0