Chapter 7: dream… And curiousity.
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Pass me the sauce dear!"

"Yeah, no need to hurry."

"Sorry, my bad, my bad."

"Sigh, my goodness even at that age you still act like a child."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Angel, you want some sauce?"

I shook my head in denial but most importantly, with no control.

"Dad... What is your dream?" 

"Ho ho, what brings you to that question, my little angel?"

"My friends..." Words took off of my mouth uncontrollably as if I was only a bystander of my own body.

"So you asked me for it because your friends had a dream?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, when I was young, I wanted to be a fencer. I didn't continue it though."

"Why?"

"Hahaha, I'll tell you someday my little angel."

"Nn."

"What do you want to be when you grow up my little angel?"

"I... Want to go fencing."

""...""

"Do you even know what that means Angel?"

I shook my head.

"Hahaha, don't go down your father's path angel. Just do whatever you want in the future. No need to continue your dad's dreams mmkay?"

"Nn"

"Hey, don't go around teaching my child like that! And who knows, maybe she might take interest in it."

"Eh~, highly doubt it. She takes it from her mother."

"The only thing that I see she takes from you is your nose. She takes after me."

"""..."""

"HAHAHA, that's a funny joke."

"Wha- but it's true though!"

"Yeah, we get it... PWAHAHAHAH!"

"You guys... Sigh."

The scene slowly changed as darkness gradually envelops me. It was an apartment, with our dorm, on fire.

"Save them!!!"

"Please make it in time."

"It has been one hour, I don't think they survived."

"Don't ruin the mood!"

"Mommy, save me!!!'

"Fuck!"

Cries and desperation were heard anywhere. I also cried. I also shed tears. I was also desperate.

The scene was vague, I can't remember much, but one thing that made me shed tears. My family was there, in the apartment, flaming up to the horizons.

This was the first time I was desperate for something. This was the first time I wanted something to happen. And this was the first time I lost something. It was Beautiful and... Stale.

***

I woke up.

The ceiling was strangely familiar. The sun was not up, I may have woken up right after I slept.

So tired. I want to sleep.

Right after I tried to go back to sleep, A huge explosion suddenly erupted outside.

With some curiosity, I looked outside the window and saw a small explosion from far away. It was still in the town though.

That aura... It's similar to Teach.

Aura can sometimes be recognisable. It's the nature of the aura. It's like seeing your friend for the first time in 10 years and yet you still recognise her.

The aura that is being released right now is suppressed and is only concentrated in one area.

It also seems like Teach is fighting someone. His aura just looks... Intimidating but no... Malice.

It's better to not get involved.

Right after I thought about that, a ray of light flourishing with mana expanded engulfing me, the inn, and the whole town with it.

"Wind: scutum!"

I braced for impact by casting a wind barrier but no attack came. The wall of light continued to expand behind me causing massive confusion in the town. 

"What was the purpose..."

I'm sure that spell of light wasn't as simple as it seems. That much mana and we still didn't get affected by it is suspicious.

With nothing else to do, I decided to just investigate this phenomenon. If I die then that's the end of my journey I guess.

I went outside trying to go to the source of the explosion. I don't know if it's a great idea but curiosity got the best out of me.

The buildings around here were still intact with a little bit of damage. These buildings were made with earth magic, wood magic, and a bit of enhancement magic. That is to be expected though as this is a magical world after all.

"Fire: search"

This spell is a downgraded version of Teach's search spell. The effects are the same but the range is smaller than it should be.

Heat signatures were felt all over the place. Some are in houses, inns, and other miscellaneous buildings. Even with that, I don't sense someone suspicious.

Why did something exploded though? This is getting more and more suspicious.

Heat signatures can be differentiated from each other by simply sensing the mana and aura of the person in the target. You could also sense their height, weight, body temperature, hairstyles and much more. 

It is useful but can easily be countered by people if they want to such as by covering themselves with ice magic, using a stealth cloak, and many more. Maybe they are doing it this way?

"Young miss, please return to the inn, please," someone said behind me.

"Enhancement: touch."

I tried to punch the voice behind me but no one was there to punch through in the first place.

"Great strength. You have a lot of untapped potential young lady, maybe even more than my lord but that is to be expected."

The direction of the voice then changed to a rooftop of a house. It was a butler.

"I believe that this is the first time we have met. Greetings young miss. I am Fidus, a personal butler of Wrath," Fidus said as he did an elegant bow.

"Nn"

I don't think retaliating is a great idea. Believing him is the only option. Besides, his aura and mana are awfully similar to Teach.

"Follow me."

With nothing else to do, I complied and followed him as we walked to the inn again. Such a shame, really. 

"Can... Teach handle this?"

He looked at me confused and with a troubled face.

"I mean... Wrath."

"Oh, My Lord can handle this very easily. He doesn't have much intelligence and is a bit reckless but he can take this much," he said as we continued walking.

"Nn"

Is this person really a butler? The way he is talking about Teach is like he is talking about his old friend of his. He's even insulting him.

We reached the inn and saw people there confused, panicking, and sleeping. We just passed them through though because our aura is covering us.

"Why... Do we need to not intervene?" I asked while we were walking down the hallway.

"Hmm, great question," he pondered a bit and continued. "My Lord doesn't want people or even his close friends to interfere with his problems. It has been that way since the great awakening period."

I nodded again and pondered for a moment.

If I remember correctly, the great awakening period is when the devils rule the world. Calamity devils are common at the time and the highest ranking of that race was the god of devils. 

The war ended with the god of werebeasts dying at the hands of his student creating the most impenetrable barrier in existence that halted the god of devils upon his tracks of destroying the world.

It seems like Teach was in the war huh?

I heard this story from my mother. She would always tell me stories like this in our little library. The books were fresh and clean at the time. Now that I think about it...

I wonder what are they doing now? They should be worried right about now. That is to be expected as their only daughter was cast far far away. Maybe they have given up and made a new child? That's what I would do.

"Young miss," Fidus voice immediately made me wake up to reality. "Please do not go outside during these hours. I will be standing behind the door to guard you and the inn."

He then closed the door with a bang living me behind in the room with no one to talk to.

Should we plan on sneaking away?

0