Chapter 12: Fidus vs “bane” part 2
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tenant: absolute time: primordial clock."

A giant clock slowly appears behind me like a burning paper in reverse. Its hands were rotating fast and it was still going faster. I doubt it would end.

The atmosphere also changes and the once-ruined and disintegrated land slowly flourishes in mana.

That's not all. The wounds of the dead humans suddenly regenerated as if nothing happened. The twist? They no longer have a soul.

This is the power of my primordial clock. It lets me change the "time" of the surrounding area. 

My power is also recovering fast after the initial cast of my spell due to the clock absorbing mana from each era that ever existed and will exist in the area.

Types of mana are also not my concern as the giant clock behind me forced me to adapt to my changes.

This also includes my physical appearance. My once black hair became white and my red eyes became black as a void.

This is my strongest spell to date. Primordial clock. Did I ever train it? Never. It's my second time casting it.

The first time was a disaster so I was pretty nervous if I could cast it correctly or not.

"So you're a fragment. That explains your expanding talent," the old man said with surprise in his voice. He's still unaffected by my spell. Is he immune to magic by any chance? He did jump back when I activated my aura.

"What... fragment?" I asked albeit slowly. It seems that I still have to adapt to my changes.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just a thing that a few people know."

"I see... Die."

I dashed in and did a flying kick at an incomprehensible speed surpassing past, present, and future probabilities. In this very instant, I existed at every point in history available.

This is because of my tenant controlling time at its very core.

The mana consumption is also very big but the primordial clock instantly refills my mana every passing moment making it look like I have infinite mana.

"Magnet: repulsion."

Same spell again. What is he up to? Hell, how is he still moving?

He raises his arm and a sudden force of energy meets me but due to the nature of my powers, it was simply ignored.

"That's stronger than I thought it would be," he calmly analyses as he stood there and tanked the attack I did. 

My assault didn't do much to our surroundings but its intensity made up for it. I'm pretty confident that this level of attack would break most things unless they are some kind of anomaly. 

"Pretty strong attack here too," in my case, I think it's the latter one.

[Aura]

I immediately infused my attacks with aura as I started to throw in some barrage of punches which he responds with dodging that surprisingly matched my speed.

That confirms it. He is immune to spells but not aura. 

"You have exceeded my expectations. Have my respect," he calmly stated while dodging my attacks in a carefree manner.

"That's... Thanks."

I'm still not used to my body but I guess this should be enough. Communication will be the last thing I will ever worry about after this fight.

[Aura]

Suddenly, he started to fight back. His strength and speed are relative to mine but his skills as a fighter overweight mine resulting in a very disadvantageous position for me.

He's also not running out of mana nor tiring out. Is he still a living being? Maybe he has something similar to my primordial clock? Let's test waters...

"Darkness: black hole" "light: fallen down" "tenant: absolute time" "magnet: repulsion" "darkness: shadow bind" "light: hasta Aeris" "darkness: tenebris gladius" "light: scutum" "enhancement: aura" "enhancement: aura" "darkness: shadow step" "magnet: attraction" "tenant: absolute time" "magnet: repulsion"

After this old man said that, I flew away from our position earlier destroying every single thing that I flew onto. 

That didn't matter though as this could be an opportunity to charge my spell.

 "Absolute time: primordial clock!"

The huge clock suddenly sprang with mana and gave it to me making me overflow with such energy.

I also infused my mana with aura earlier and it also takes a lot of concentration. This is also why no one uses them daily, it's just too hard.

My hand suddenly flourished with mana. In fact, the amount of mana was too much.

Aiming at my target, my heart throbs at a slow rate forcing me to calm down as I try to calculate every single possibility of survival this guy might take. When the time comes, I'll fire.

"Let us continue. Concentrated mana."

The mana I had exploded and expanded at an exceedingly fast rate.

The moment it touches something vaporises like they were not there in the first place.

This is what concentrated mana can do. I can also do it with an element but that would take too much time.

The old man, realising the strength of my attack, tried to get away from its range which is a smart move but... I won't let you...

"Blood manipulation: 2000 meters. [Aura]"

2000 radius of land suddenly became distorted and was torn apart.

Since my tenant's power was basically controlling and reverting actions, the land's state became unstable.

My spell would always absorb its energy while my tenant would restore it. It's a never-ending cycle.

The purpose of this spell? It's to block this guy's path. How? By simply with this distorted field.

It's one of those phenomena where mana was unstable. This unstable energy will go rampage and go attack its nearest target. 

This kind of thing only happens when mana overloads with "data" and gets confused about what it's doing. It also happens when too much mana is in the area but that only happens in certain places.

A large chunk of land was abruptly gone at a fast rate. 

My concentrated mana was getting larger and larger. 

Survivability is zero. 

The destruction is enormous.

Its size is huge.

Now...

"Fidus... With this, I have claimed victorious."

"Tenant: reflection!" 

An unexpected voice came in.

The next thing I knew, all of my spells and attacks were gone in an instant.

The whole scenery of my surroundings getting destroyed over and over again was back to normal.

Fidus, who was struggling to break free suddenly had someone help him.

That someone was... the god.

Shit... How did that God get out? It's only 1 hour and a half and yet he already got out. How???

"Fidus, I didn't know you would struggle here. Now, look at me, rushing my escape."

"I'm terribly sorry my lord. He took me in by surprise."

"Now that's unexpected. Never thought you would be surprised by something so minor. Even when we were kids I never saw your surprised expression. By the way, where is lapiz?"

"That's... She ultimately died. I'm sure that she's safe though."

"I see, wait, WHAT?!!!"

Their enemy was here. I'm their enemy. Yet they talk like they are some good old friends in a bar.

"I'm," I tried to get words out of my mouth but my tongue twisted and weakened instantly.

The giant clock behind me was slowly burning to ashes as my body began to deform.

That was the instant I felt... Pain. Excruciating pain.

The pain was so strong that it knocked me down instantly.

Mana rampaged inside my body as my bones and muscles began to crumble and explode.

It seems that all of my attacks came back to me at the same time.

Due to my vampire heritage, I will never die unless specific conditions are applied so this much pain is just torture.

Fuck vampires. Even after millennials, they're still a problem. Even their genes are a problem. Just kill them all. Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill!!!

"Hmm?" My vision lowers but I saw the god look at me with curiosity. "So you were the one that killed Lapiz huh? Since Fidus said that she was safe, my anger calm down for a bit."

He raises his arms and his eyes darken removing all of his expression and emotions up until now.

"That said, you still have to die. Wind: hasta Aeris."

Those words were the last thing I heard before passing out.

***

"Wind: hasta Aeris," I cast with anger.

Two wind of spears appeared behind me with an ominous appearance.

These spears would always take different appearances to adapt to my emotions and right now, my emotions are anger.

"Fall."

"I won't let you! Light: hasta Aeris!" A familiar voice said from the sidelines.

I jumped back avoiding the spear that was aimed at my head.

"You still here huh?" I said to the one behind the shadows.

"Yeah, I was one of the few ones who didn't leave just so that we can observe you, God of humans."

It was the leader who attacked me. The guy who sealed me way earlier.

"Ooh, I got a fan huh? If you want to go and ask for an autograph then don't tangle people to our business." I warned him.

"Yeah yeah. Personally, I also don't want needless bloodshed but if it is needed to accomplish a task then so be it," he said with seriousness in his voice. 

"Also, I apologise for this guy right here," he said as he picks up the one that killed Lapiz. "He may not look like much but his an important asset to us."

"Then killing him would probably trouble you lots. Wind: Hasta Aeris," two spears launched and attack both of them with a speed far greater than my last attack.

"Space: ripple," my attacks were incapable of damaging him though as a portal appeared before him redirecting it to another place.

He made a flawless portal. This guy's no good. Even I can't make portals that fast.

"Space: ripple."

He then cast it beneath his feet instantly making him fall to his portal with his half-dead friend.

Fidus tried to follow him but failed to do so as the portal quickly disappeared right after the enemy casted it.

A quick woosh of wind passes elevating my emptiness even more. I now also don't have anyone to release my anger to anymore.

Sigh...That's it I guess. Wasn't even able to avenge the little lad. Now then...

"Shall we find you now, Lapiz?"

power systems are still good. I think. I'm totally not panicking over a such thing. Never.

1