Village of Step Stone
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day breaks and the warm sun engulfs the land with bright rays of sunshine and life as our two wanderers wake up to continue their journey to Stepstone the village of the island. “Ma’am wake up please.” “mhm wha… oh it’s morning already, thanks for the wake up call Wisp.” “Oh would you look at that the bleeding stopped. But there is still this wound I have to deal with till we get to the village.” “Correct.” “Then lets get moving! Don’t want to have another run in with a wild animal.” The woman holding her branch with her hands struggles to get up, the puncture wound stung every time she moved her right arm. “OW!”

She winced with pain, Wisp looked over to see of she was okay, however Wisp knew something more about this woman. (She can cry, be angry, and even be in so much pain. But I know Lady Myra has plans for her, I just know it.) “Wisp look! I can see the other side come on!” The two side by side make a speedy exit towards the edge of the forest. (Goddess Myra said that there where guards outside of the forest. Which means I can finally cry for help.) “HELLLP!” She cried out, over and over. “HELP! HELP!”. Suddenly she heard voices from ahead. “who’s there?, I swear I just heard a voice.” Another faint call was heard. “Help us please!”

“I was right! Servis come with me, we need to help!” “Right away sir.” The two soldiers run into the forest and are instantly meet with the woman and Wisp. “Who are you, and why are you running through the forest!” “Sir look a forest sprite. They never come out unless it’s important.” “Your right, Lady your arm it has a major wound, Servis take her to the town healer immediately.” “Yes sir!” Servis picks up the weak woman and carries her to the village. Wisp started to follow but was stopped by the Captain. “Just where do you think you are going little sprite?” “I’m following my masters orders to protect" her. And your in my way.” “Don’t you worry now she is gonna be just fine, in fact when all is said and done, you, me, and your lady friend can all have a nice chat sound good?” “BUT! I can’t disobey her I would be a bad sprite.”  (Wisp it will be alright follow the captain to the barracks all will be explained in time) “I understand, captain I’ll follow willingly.” “Good alright follow me.”

 As Wisp and the Captain head toward the village, Servis had made it to the village healer. They enter a hut, and inside there was a somewhat average looking man. (Small and had white hair looked pretty old actually now that I saw him.) “Mort please heal this woman’s wounds I’ll get her a fresh pair of clothes as well.” “Okay, Okay. Just set her down on the table thank you.” Servis brings her down slowly onto the wooden table and heads towards the door. “Thanks for all the work you do mort I understand how being the only healer can be rough.” “Oh its nothing really, bye now.” “Now what happened to you? A puncture wound, ripped clothes, oh my.”

“Wild animal jumped out and bite me, but I whacked it with my branch, wait where is my branch?” “That thing, oh Servis left it by the door. He saw you were holding the thing tightly like a doll.” “And what about Wisp?” “Your green friend? She went with the Captain.” “Now hold still please let me heal your wound.” Mort uses a magic that glowed bright green, as he used it he spoke three words, “Medium heal wounds.” Those three words created a green light with was cast around the puncture wound. Just like that the wound was healed and closed up, “Wow that was amazing, how did you do that!” “I just used a middle class healing spell is all, but I’m surprised that you didn’t heal yourself.” “What do you mean, heal myself. I can’t do that.” “Well it is really simple if you think about it, when you were bit the wound left a puncture in a major vein correct?”

“Yeah, but then Wisp used her magic to slow the bleeding down. She said she couldn’t heal me, but.” “But the wound stopped bleeding didn’t it. I only know of two types of people in this world who can use regeneration, Gods, and Holy priests.” “Wait, wait, wait, wait! Are you saying I could be a priest! A holy one!” “But that wouldn’t make any sense.” “Why’s that?” “Well you see I just woke up here the other day on the other side of the forest, I had two dreams. Both were conversations with Myra Goddess of time and protection. The first time she want me to wake up to not sleep on a battlefield. The second time She said I needed to come to this village, that this place was in danger. But just before I woke up she called me her champion.”

“Impossible so your saying that the reason why you two are here is to protect us from something. I highly doubt two things here, first is that you are chosen as a goddess champion, the second thing is about the danger.” “why would anyone attack a village on an island?” “Well sir we are part of the kingdoms rule. Maybe one of the empires enemies?” “Perhaps.” “Please you have to believe me, I heard you say that forest sprits don’t come out for anything unless it’s important. Come on Wisp help me out here.” “Correct my Lady Myra commanded me to watch over the woman to protect her, she is on a mission that she doesn’t fully understand yet so please if you would just hear her out.”

“Fine, let’s hear her out. First off what is your na-“ *CRASH* “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!” “Guards get on full alert now!” Wisp and the woman look at each other and run outside, (I can help I can help) “IMPOSSIBLE” The woman turns towards the sound of the soldiers and freezes in her tracts. “HA HA HA HA HA! OH HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BE BACK!” “That voice it couldn’t be! Veksis Gan!”

“Veksis Gan? Wisp please explain why he is here and what he is riding please!” “Right away Ma’am, follow me” The two hide behind a rock close by, “That is Veksis Gan leader of the darkness a corrupted human with no mercy and unlimited strength.” “To put it simply all you and I could do is hide. I suggest we head towards a portal or flight station.” “A what?” Just as Wisp was about to explain Veksis’s beast tosses the captain aside “Do we have a sprite in our midst? Sic em prowler!” “Quickly Ma’am get closer” “What is it?” “Just trust me.” Wisp uses her magic of protection to cast a shadow spell, this type of spell makes it so the user and allies are invisible to sight and smell. The beast lifts the stone aside and finds nothing.

“Hmph I guess not, well since that ruined my fun, im gonna leave a mark large enough to change the map!” Veksis rises into the air with his giant dark beast and sends down a giant dark beam leaving a large crater where the village center once was. Veksis then vanished after the beam of darkness struck. The woman gets up reappearing from Wisp’s vanish spell. “Wisp lets look for survivors.” “Yes Ma’am.” “Wait sprite.” *cough*cough*, “Ma’am it’s the captain, he is fatally wounded, and no you cant heal him your still to novice at healing.” “Oh my god! Wait he is trying to speak.” “I…if you truly are a champion of the gods…… take this message, please” He whispers into the woman’s ear Wisp could only hear veksis is back, but it seemed as if he said something else.

“I promise” “Thank…. You…. Hey sprite, sorry for the troubles, haha. I’m, coming….. home sweetie.” The Captain closed his eyes and breathed his final breath, the woman shed some tears for the man. “Come on the flight travel is this this way, come on.” “Okay, what did the captain say to you?” “He told me to report to the general in veil, and something else I have to do on his behalf.” The two make their way towards the glowing pad and walk onto it. “He said just stand on the pad and call out where you want to go and you’ll be transported via a warp gate.” “Um okay lets see. Ahem….OPEN TO VEIL!” *FWOOSH* *HMMMMMM* A magic portal opened in front of the woman and Wisp.

 “Well no point in standing around lets go!” “Right behind you Ma’am.” The two go through the portal and walk forward to escape the past…. “Well when they said warp gate I imagined it would you know like warp us instantly.” “I wouldn’t know but maybe this is a different kind of warp gate. The captain did say they were located far away from the empire.” The two have been walking for what seemed like an hour but suddenly the gate ended and the two ended up right smack in the middle of a plaza. “WOAHHHHHHH!” “Woah indeed!” “haha, that’s a warm welcome, hello I’m the gate watcher, elven maiden in service to the great king, welcome to the city of hope Veil!”

0