From Hero to Zero
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group re-entered the kingdom of Veil with hungry bellies and sore feet. With no reward money all they had left was 20 silver coins and 35 bronze coins. Never the less they still went to the food market, grabbing the food kali solemnly looked at here coin bag seeing the silver and bronze coins slowly disappear makes her worried about the future. But being as confident as ever she plans to go out for another more reliable quest. Entering their room at dusk, the three sat on the beds about to discuss the future. However it seemed Zero had something else on her mind.

“Okay, Wisp and Zero about the future we have to figure out a few things before we can do anything. First things first, money, to be faint I’m running low and if I run out it will affect us all. So from now on we will be doing the quest I choose for the greatest outcome. Okay?” Wisp and Zero both nod in agreement. “Zero I said you can call me whatever you want back in the forest, with limitations, the rules are don’t go overboard with it, remember I don’t own you, rather you are part of the team as an equal, and lastly don’t die again at least not for a long while. Follow these three things and you can call me what ever you want.”

“Easy.” “Great now she can call you master and I call you Ma’am and Lady Myra calls you Young Maiden. When will someone every call you by your name?” “Well I plan on talking to Surgeus again soon to tell her my new name as well as Gabriel, we still are on good speaking grounds.” “So what that’s like 2 people that’s nothing.” “Well it’s better then having a new name entirely.” Wisp and Kali simultaneously look towards Zero who had her face down. “What? You think My real name is Zero? No, no, remember what I told you in the forest, about the long story?” “Yeah.” “Well you want to hear it? We have all night and I can’t really sleep.”

“You sure?” “Yeah we wouldn’t want to bring up a bad past Zero.” Looking backwards Zero opened her magic gate and pulled out the ripped cloth and held it closely to her chest. “No, I feel like I owe you guys for risking your lives to save my dead one.” Zero stood up onto a wooden chair and pronounced with a confident stance, that of what almost looked militaristic. “Ahem… My name is not Zero rather I am or rather was a part of the elite assassin core of the elate army, honored in protecting the Queen Elizabeth Stri! Designation Zero One, Original commander of the Whispering Shadows!” With wide expressions of shock Wisp and Kali sat there dumbfounded with their mouths open both utter one word. “What?!”

“Yes I was the commander of The Whispering Shadows of the Elate army, however I made a mistake and was given consequence.” “Is that why you have that cool modified Sword?” Kali said. “Well it’s more of a modified Shuriken, it’s purpose is to slice with ease and throw my opponents off guard and end their life.” “Is that why you went after the golem with such confidence?” “Well usually we wouldn’t all be one type of weapon user. We were comprised of ten members, genetically we were created one after the other separately from our sisters and brothers. Designation One to Ten, I was the first so I was the commander of the group, created with the intent to be a leader and creative, the second named Zero Two was second in command.”

 “All ten of us didn’t like the names that we were made with but still had them tagged to us by the queen with honor. My Name Stayed as Zero, lead assassin, commander, Stealth coordinator. Next was Zero Two, or Ziro, she was a ruthless follower to the queen and took every order seriously. Reaper class she uses dark energy and chained arm scythes to grapple onto enemies and reeled them into the shadows of death. Ziro and I worked together in unison without hesitation. However I was extremely close to her and she was close to me.” Zero shed a few tears but quickly swiped them away and continued. Kali looked concerned but felt like Zero needed to get this off her chest so she let her continue.

“Next was Harley she was our summoner, or rather our intelligence gatherer, how she got that intelligence is still unknown. (Funny little joke we used all the time.) Next up were the Heavies Ram and Rom, Ram was our shield in front and Rom was our heavy weapons user in the back, they were the most coordinated of the ten. Our longsword user Layla was very assertive and she worked well with Julius the dual sword master. Eighth up was Sage the healer she patched up our wounds and kept us hidden from sight. Nine and ten, arc and solar, our archer and sorcerer.” “Wow that’s a lot of names and roles, sounded like you were close to a lot of them especially that Ziro girl.” “Yes Kali, She and I were…..nevermind that, please.” “Okay sorry for asking.”

“Anyways why am I here? Well I made a mistake a miscalculation on my part which cost me everything.” “It would be easier if I would just show you both.” Zero got up from the chair and walked over to Kali and Wisp and touched their foreheads with a grey aura. The three closed their eyes and when opened came into view with a memory, but not just any memory it was Zero’s! Without any warning the memory started to play.

Chirping birds and a bright sun strong enough to blind the darkest corners of the planet came into view. The group witnessed a sort of meeting between the Shadows and the Queen. “Commander Zero One what was your report on the black sewer disturbance?” “The disturbance was minimal just a few rats that disturbed the silent alarms. No civilians were injured or given info about the incident.” “ Zero Two, is this correct?” “Yes my Queen I even chased after the alarmed rats and slaughtered them just in case they were traitor elates.” “And?” “They were just rats my Queen.” “Good, Good, then you are all free to go, however I will send a carrier to Commander Zero and you all when I have need again.”

“YES MA’AM!” The Shadows all left in a single file line out the door and back to their quarters. The Queen looked over towards Zero and Ziro with a face of distrust. “Somethings up.” She said, “ Zero One only needs to mess up once and that’s that. I’m concerned about the faith in her.” The room faded into nothing and changed to the quarters of the shadows were the ten started to set up for the night Ram and Rom being sisters slept together in the same bed. Layla organized the teams weapons with Julius, cleaning, reloading, and sharpening each weapon. Harley was reading a book, Arc was asleep and solar sent a small flame into a small bedside lantern for a nightlight. The groups attention was focused on Zero and Ziro who were talking to each other from their beds which were right next too each other. “Listen Zero I feel like the Queen has been watching you lately, you haven’t been showing any kind of increase in ranks or faith. I’m scared for you, please keep it together, if not for the Queen, then keep it together for the team and for me.” Zero turned to Ziro with somber eyes,

“Ziro don’t worry about me please. Me and the Queen go back, I know she cares about all of our well beings.” “But the Black sewer incident, there were no rats in the sewer we have automated systems to clear pests out. I lied to cover for you because I’m scared that your losing faith in the Queen.” “What are you even saying Ziro? Losing Faith!” The members awake looked at the two, Zero stood up held Ziro’s Shoulders and looked her dead in the eyes and said three words. “I would never.” She let go of Ziro’s shoulders and Sat back down on her bed. “Come on Zero you need to loosen up and go out for a bit before our next assignment.” Harley called out. “Yeah you and Ziro can be super tough on each other which brings the whole team down.”

“Julius come on don’t say stuff like that outloud.” “Seriously Layla you too!” “Yes. Unlike you I respect everyone’s private life.” “Are ya talkin about Zero and Ziro’s private life agan?” “Shut it Sage.” “Ha look atcha your face its all red!” Sage rolled over with laughter, at this point everyone’s voice was merged unable to separate their voices from each other. Zero’s Face was as bright red as ever same as Ziro who both looked at each other and screamed out “THAT’S IT LIGHTS OUT!” The room fell silent. “Yes Ma’ams” The Last few who were awake went to sleep, solar being afraid of the dark feel asleep with the only dimly lit night lamp. Ziro looked at Zero with worried eyes “It’ll be okay Zi, I won’t let anything happen to me.”

“Promise?” Whispered Ziro. “I promise.” Leaning over Zero gave Ziro a quick kiss before falling asleep. Ziro held her cheek laying down. Closing her eyes saying one thing before falling asleep. “Goodnight Z.” With that everyone was out like a lightbulb until morning came.

Morning came, and with that an urgent alarm played through out the Shadows Quarters. *REEEEEEEEE*EEEEEEEEE*EEEEEEEE*EEEEEE!!!!!!!* *ALERT ALERT THIS IS NOT A DRILL ALL ACTIVE SHADOWS REPORT TO THE QUEENS ROOM AT ONCE!” Just then a low rumbling came from the ground it shuck the whole castle. *RUMBLE RUMBLE* “What was that!” Cried out Ram and Rom. How da hell do ya think we would know? Just grab your weapons and head to the Queen!” Sage jumped out of bed grabbing her staff of light and rushed out with Harley who called out a summon spell “Rise Shadows and fight with me!” summoning a thrall of darkness to cover their shadows and ran off. Solar grabbed her wand and arc her bow, Solar enchanted arc’s arrows with direct heart path to make her shots hit 100% of the time. Ram Her shield and Rom Her cannon.

Layla Threw Julius her swords and they charged off. Next up was Zero who reached threw a magic gate and pulled out her Modified Shuriken, and Ziro with her arm scythes. As they were running Ziro turned to Zero, “What do you think is up with that rumbling sound?” “I don’t know Ziro but whatever it is it can’t be good. The ten Shadows ran off to the queens room, When they all got their they were in utter shock. Standing before them was not the queen however it was the queens spirit the Nine Tailed fox spirit by their name of Stritosis. “Commander Zero One step forward NOW!”

 Zero stepped towards the Queen who looked bloody and wounded. “Yes My queen?” She said in a stern voice. “I was attacked by these so called rats and almost killed. I left one alive to answer me before I ripped her apart limb from limb. She said they were from the sewers.” “Commander you ether explain yourself or you clear out that sewer like I told you to 2 weeks ago! UNDERSTAND COMMANDER?” In a loud voice the queen shouted at Zero so loud that Zero stumbled over. “Y….Yes my Queen it will be done.” Without hesitation The team ran out of the room, out of the castle and straight for the sewers. The queen returned back to her normal body with a worried expression on her face. Saying to her self “Please all of you come back home safely.”

0