The Silence of Shadows
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Team Headed down into the Sewers in their strategic positions of groups of two, The ranged in the back Ram with her heavy shield can block the entire team in front, Zero and Ziro from left and right shadows Layla and Julius in between Ram and the ranged Shadows. “I don’t like this feeling one bit Zero” Ziro whispered to Zero. “I know I don’t ether there was a bunch of rumbling noises too before we entered and it just suddenly stopped. I feel as if we are walking right into a trap.” The Team moved forward still regardless of the outcome, a slight shriek came from Ram as she stopped dead in her tracks. Zero rushed over to her. “Ram what’s wrong?”

“L..L…Look.” She pointed towards a object moving towards them, “Light the path.” Sage sent a mage light forward towards the object revealing the object as a corpse of an elate solider. “I…I think im gonna be sick look at her body.” Exclaimed Arc. Indeed the sight was sickening the elate’s insides where torn out and one ear was ripped off completely, half of her face was chewed off and the rest of her body was rotten. “Scorch free her soul please.” Zero said as she stepped aside. “Live with honor soldier….Solar flare.” Solar ignited the body into ash for a proper burial freeing the cursed soul. “Lets keep moving team.” “Yes Ma’am”. The squad broke formation into the groups of two and continued forward until they reached fork in the road. “Well this is a fine mess we have now.” Julius said. “Yes it would seem we have to split up” Said Harly, Zero and Ziro split up, Zero Taking Ram, Rom, Harly and Arc, Ziro took Sage, Julius, Layla, and Solar. Zero’s team went left, Ziro’s team went right, “I don’t like the idea of splitting off it weakens us significantly”

“Well if you don’t like it Arc then I could always summon an extra hand to make you feel more secure hehe.” “Shut it Harley” “Quiet you two we need to use this opportunity to strike quickly and efficiently, now keep quiet.” Ziro’s team eventually moved on into a room, big enough to be considered a hall. “Well this was a bigger waste of time then the time we-“ *rumble* “What was that?” Said solar, “I don’t know but everyone prepare yourselves for anything.” The team moved forward until suddenly Julius stepped onto a plate activating a sound system.

A hole popped open where Julius was standing dropping her into the ground. “AHH!” *TINK* “Julius hold on!” Layla ran over and helped Julius out of the hole at the cost of one of her swords. “Damn that one was sharper.” “At least your safe.” “Yeah thanks to you.” “Alright this is interesting, I hope zero’s group found some of these traps already.” “Found what? Wait Ziro whats going on I thought we split.” “I thought we did too.” *ring* “Ah hello? Oh good your all back together, allow me to formally introduce myself, my name is scarab and well you seem to have walked into my little home haha!”

“My original intention was to kill your queen but she’s like way to powerful, so I retreated and this message is to automatically play when a trigger has been activated. Oh well since you’re here, whoever you are, this was a pointless endeavor. BYE BYE!” “Well shit this cant be good.” “Your right Sage, Zero what should we do?” “Yeah Rom and I are a little creeped out by this whole thing.” Zero looked at her team but thought of the Queen first. “No.” “What!” “I said No Ziro and that’s an order we move forward otherwise we wont have completed what the queen asked of us.” “But there was a trap there may be more its unsafe, unpredictable, and-“ “Ziro you dare defy an order from the Queen?”

“No Ma’am.” “Then lets get moving.” The team looked at each other and at Zero and moved on. Moving into the next chamber which seemed to be another hallway dimly lit, solar went to summon a small solar light to guide their path. “Light our wa- ugh” “Gah can’t bre….” “SOLAR!” The group turned around to see a hulking beast grabbing hold of Solar’s neck, with a smile directed at Arc, Solar closed her eyes….. ….. ….. *SNAP* “NOOOOOOOO!” The beast crushed Solars windpipe killing her instantly and throwing her into the wall. “YOU BASTARD!” “Dead Eye!”

Arc shot an arrow directly at the beasts eyes, they hit the best successfully, however it deflected off the beast. “Impossible nothing can deflect Dead eye!” The beast let out a chuckle before thrashing Arc in half. Ram set up a defensive wall while Rom Shot from the back Harley sent out a thrall of destruction to aid the team, while Zero and Ziro attacked from the sides. “HAHAHA” (The beast could laugh like….us…..) “Zero watch out!” cried Ziro “Huh?” *Slash* The beast threw Zero across the room knocking her unconscious. “Zero! Everyone fall back Now!” “AHHHHH” “LAYLA!” Layla was crushed beneath the beasts feet while Julius Was shocked something crawled near. “Wait guys something’s crawling all over me!”

Julius looked down to see bugs eating crawling all around her. “AHH GET EM OFF GET EM OFF!” “SEIGE LIFE!” Sage casted a spell to destroy the bugs and blind the beast allowing for the retreat of the team back to safe upper grounds. “Harley blow the ceiling now!” “EXPLOSION!” Harley summoned a thrall of explosion which ran into the ceiling exploding and leveling the ceiling to the ground. “Sage Get us the hell out of here.” World of life, God of creation, save us from our SALVATION!” The group was teleported above ground in the castle. Ziro was holding Zero in her arms she sat in the closest bench laying Zero’s head into her lap. Ram and Rom held each other crying, Harley was silent and Sage walked off to the Shadows Quarters.

 Julius held Layla’s sword sobbing at the loss of her closest friend. The Queen Walked over to the group in shock. “Wha…..what happened to you guys?! You all look traumatized?” The queen noticed Ziro Stroking Zero’s hair with tears in her eyes falling onto her face. “Zero Two I know it will be hard but, please report.” *Sniff, Sniff* “Three dead, one unconscious, six traumatized. We lost Solar, Arc and Layla.” The queen looked perplexed at Ziro. “Or would you rather have me use the numbers…My Queen.” “Elizabeth, Zero said your mission was to go down to the sewer and eliminate the threat.”

“By threat you meant her didn’t you?” Elizabeth looked coldly at Ziro, with the eyes of guilt. “YOU MEANT HER DIDN’T YOU!’ “I didn’t know this would be the outcome. I thought you guys could handle anything.” Sage walked up to the Queen and put her hands on her shoulder. “Oh we can, but if we don’t have information or information that’s hidden from us then we will fail.” “This whole operation is done whoever wants to stay can stay but The Whispering Shadows is over we have been Silenced!” Sage walked out followed by Harley and Julius, Ram and Rom only leaving Zero and Ziro. The queen looked over at Ziro with eyes of defeat, “Ziro please I’m sorry after all these years of loyalty, I’m sorry for betraying your trust, but please stay by my side.” …. … … … “Never” Ziro picked Zero up and walked out leaving the Queen alone with only her guilty actions to repent on.”

The memory faded. Zero looked shocked by this memory as if she had never seen it before. The time moved on to Zero And Ziro living together for a little while before Zero was notified of her exiling from the kingdom. She left Ziro and told her if she wanted to find her to come to Veil. Zero walked through a gate and appeared on the Island of Newborn. A forest and a rock cliff with an amazing view of the worlds oceans, Zero knew her way of surviving would be to spiritualize herself to hunt.

“Well I guess until I find this village I cant get anywhere” with a loud rustle Zero transformed into her spirit animal of Jackal. Then she heard a voice. “Hello? Anyone out there?” “Who the hell could that be?” Zero looked through the bush and saw a human female walk towards the bush. “Oh shit I should get out of here I don’t want to frighten her.” She ran away as the woman moved the brush aside. “phew that was close.” *grumble grumble* A few hours passed Zero was growing hungrier and hungrier by the minute. Her vision was getting more animalistic and primal.

 Eventually she heard some voice, “Food?” She jumped out of the brush and attacked the person biting their arm allowing the blood to flow into her teeth. “LET ME GO! I SAID LET ME GOOO!” *WACK* (AH bitch!) Zero let go but ripped off the right arm cloth and ran into the forest. Turning back into her Elate from, she turned cold and held the cloth close for some warmth. In doing so she took in all the smells of the woman, “She smells like Ziro. I miss her so much, her hair, her voice, her touch. Why did I have to get exiled!” Zero kept moving forward still holding the cloth wrapped around her neck like a scarf to keep her calm. She found the village of Stepstone and took the warp gate to Veil.

“I hope she comes to look for me.” The memories fade entirely and zero fell over onto the bed. Exhausted and full of tears Zero said “Sorry. Now you know I was kicked out and left my little Zi alone to come find me here. But in the end I found you and now we are doing adventures and stuff. So its okay now.” “Zero…..I’m sorry for your friends that you’ve lost.” “I’m not mad about the bite seeing as you were hungry.” Do you want to do something about your past?”  “I….I want to continue traveling with you guys, but I want answers from the Queen herself.”

“Sure thing when we head over to Elantra we will pay a special visit to the Queen from an old friend sound good?” “Yes” With that last word Zero passed out curled up into a little ball in her spirit form. Kali walked over picked her up and brought her to her own bed and let Zero sleep beside her just for the one night while wisp slept in Kali’s hair. The pain lifted from Zero’s chest made her feel more at peace. The group went on for several months doing quest of their skill types and they even learned new abilities. Kali can cast now a ranged grand healing a dispel evil, purify and as a last resort a resurrection spell which can be used only once but consumes almost all the magic in the users body rendering them unconscious.

Zero sliced and diced their way to victory through forest golems and all while Wisp Continued to watch over the two giving insight and reason to the groups decisions. Then one day the group got a dungeon clear request from an elate girl with rabbit ears and silver hair. “The Bastion?” “Well team lets roll out!” and so the journey continues for the team to grow stronger each and everyday to finally kill Veksis Gan.

0