Lucian – The ghost of Brighton – Part 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

           Meanwhile, at the secret base of the 4th Hunter Team, the ghost of Brighton, Lucian, is levitating in the living room. He levitates next to a monitor, and he looks at it. Lucian noticed there was an alert on the monitor. Instead of checking it, he yells at Alexia.

           “Alexia! We’ve got a mission!”

           “What mission?” yelled Alexia, entering the living room by taking the metallic door. “Why can’t she check-Oh, right?” realizes that Lucian is a ghost and cannot interact with most of the objects.

           Alexia approaches the computer that displays three monitors. On the first monitor, it shows the area Team 4 take care of. The second monitor shows the list of the entire 4 team members that are on duty and off duty. And on the third monitor, it displays the available tasks and a notification bar. This thing has the purpose of alerting the team about a mission available or a creature from the second dimension who is entering the first one, without any reason or with an evil one.

           Alexia checks the notification bar on the third monitor, and it displays a dialogue box with the message: “Free Specimen 56t3i23- Last seen in Brighton”. And it also shows a picture of the specimen and a small summary of this species. The thing that entered the dimension of humans looks like a dog. A bulldog, to be precise. It also has bunny ears, six red eyes, a small mouth and a scar on the forehead. The species is known as Rabido, and it is classified as neutral. It becomes aggressive when it feels attacked.

           The ghost looks at the monitor which displays the mission, and he looks at Alexia.

           “Guess I have to do it. By myself.”

           “Yes,” says Alexia to Lucian, because she is not able to help him due to the fact she is a vampire and the lighting is weak and hurts her badly.

           The ghost of Brighton is heading outside the base. He goes through the walls of this building, and flies to the location where it was presented on the map on the third monitor. The location where that specimen was seen is on the other street from Carmen High school. 

***

Later that day, at the high school where Carmen is going almost every day, the final bell rang, and it was time for her to leave the building where she spent most of her teenage life. She leaves the class by herself, like most of the time, and heads to the bus station, where one will come and pick her up in about three minutes.

           The moment she got to the bus stop, there was also Kyle, who was just minding his business. Carmen took a quick peek at him, and she observed the white skin like it was milk, sweet cow's milk from cartoon boxes. Carmen also has this weird feeling that she has seen him before, but she cannot point the finger at where it was happening.

           Kyle, on the other hand, stays at the station. He keeps a close eye on Carmen without her noticing it. He is a good hunter, and he has some good reflexes. Every time Carmen tried to look at him, he would quickly look elsewhere. He moves so fast, that it is almost impossible to see him moving even with the naked eye.

           The bus came two minutes later. High schoolers, some adults and two elderly people are getting onto the bus. They take available seats at a fast run. Only a few students decided. Carmen, Kyle and the other three decided not to risk this nonsense of a free seat. Standing up on a bus might be risky standing when the bus is full, but when all of the seats are taken, and only five people are standing up, it is alright.

           After all of the civilians took the bus seats, it was time for this vehicle to move.

           All of the passengers that were at that station for the trip on the bus stayed in their seats, and waited for the driver to lead them to their destination. Or, in this case, at the station next to their real aim.

           Kyle sits right next to Carmen, on the left window seat. This makes both of them feel a bit awkward. Carmen feels weird about the fact that he knows Kyle, while Kyle feels weird sitting next to the first person he kidnapped and partially erased her memories, and he took her to her house like nothing happened. They stay in the same seats, doing what every teenager is doing in these times, checking their social media. Well, Carmen was the one checking it, while Kyle is looking at his phone and he sees an SMS coming from Alexia, alerting him about the creature at the high school ground.

           The teenager decides to get off at the next station, rather than getting out of his station close to his home. A creature like this can be caught and imprisoned by a human or anything that is not a ghost. Even a semi-ghost can do it, but things like this are extremely rare, even in the second dimension where the population count is ten times bigger than the human population of 2017.

           The girl is on her seat next to the window, looking at her phone, not noticing Kyle getting up from his seat, and walking to the bus door. It was quite challenging to do it, but he managed to get to the door where it was about to open atomically at the next station. On what was his seat, sits an elder woman, that made Carmen a bit startled when she notices an old woman instead of a white teenager boy.

           At the moment the bus stops at the station, Kyle gets off the bus, he walks away, not paying attention to everyone. He walks forward, focussing on his objective, which is at the high school. He needs to capture that specimen because he is the only one who can do it properly, and not Lucian, who is the “comic relief” of this team.

           After five minutes of walking, Kyle got close to the entrance of the high school. There, he saw a lot of students leaving the ground, heading to their homes with smiles on their faces, exhausted or other sad for some reason. Kyle stands in front of the high school, he checks the back pockets of his jeans, and he takes from there a green pill.

           He took the pill in his right hand, put it in his mouth and swallowed it without any hesitation. The moment Kyle took the pill, he is now able to see the creatures from the second dimension that have invaded the first dimension. He can also see the people of the first dimension, but they are not able to see them because when someone takes a pill like this, they become invisible to the first dimension, things including animals.

           Kyle looks around him, he notices a few teenagers looking confused, or others scared. He even saw one of them tripping from this event. Kyle ignores them and he focusses on capturing the thing that has escaped the second dimension.

           The teenagers move forward, going through the other kids and teachers who were either leaving the school until tomorrow, or they are going to the nearest store to buy something to eat. He walked forward, preparing in his left hand a small arrow he had got under his sleeve the whole time. The arrow he carries contains a weird substance. Kyle thinks this would come in hand at this moment rather than in Carmen’s case.

           Kyle enters the school, he goes through the doors like a ghost, and he doesn’t stop one second from walking. He needs to be quick and catch the creature who managed to infiltrate into this place, otherwise, it would be too late.

0