Chapter 14 – Athena (Part 1)
82 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…Breathe, breathe, breathe. Selene is a goddess, this midget is a goddess, Allison is also a goddess, Father is dying and I also have a system. All this information in less than 24 hours, why on earth is this isekai progressing this fast?!

Athena was ranting off about why William didn't respect her status as a goddess and yelled for her to shut up. William was so deep in thought his head automatically blurred out all the noise she was making.

…The thing Allison gave me that the evil person needs, could it possibly be the system? And why was it only last night it showed itself when it didn't even bother during my previous near-death experiences?

…Why am I even bothering myself with the answers to these questions? This girl said I could ask her anything, right?

William removed his hand that covered his ears and said, "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

Athena pouted and looked off to the corner, "Just don't try it next time!"

Without tarrying, William demanded, "Now tell me everything I need to know."

"You just apologized to I will tell you, huh?!" Athena screamed then sighed and said in all seriousness, "Forget all you know about this world and listen to me carefully. An evil God has gotten hold of something that has great and frightening powers and has become practically invincible, even to us gods. He has started his siege to conquer every realm, starting from the 1st realm, Heaven…

"There are four major realms. This is the fourth realm and long story short, no god can make a descent here without losing something extremely important to them so no one wants to risk it…

"Allison got hold of the 'thing' that made this evil God so formidable and took it then ran. Before he could catch her, she had already given you what she stole. She said she trusted you even with her life. We are at war."

William listened and had a few questions to ask but decided to ask the most important, "Where's Allison? Is she safe?!"

Athena muttered, "I…I haven't seen her in approximately 10 years."

"What?! So you don't know her current situation?!"

"Look, this evil god was chasing us and she said I should find you and teach you. You were created to defeat this evil god."

William wore a dumbfounded expression, "Wh-What do you mean created?"

"You are only in a human shell. You are the product of an experiment the gods of various pantheons participated to create. This evil god is also a product of that experiment."

"Experiment?! By the gods?! So what am I if I'm not human?"

Athena extended her hand to the side and declared, "You… are a Celestial."

"..."

"..."

"Excuse me?!"

Athena massaged her temples and said in a rush, "Celestials are products of two or more races or species in an attempt to create a being that can surpass the gods."

"Huuuhhhh? How the hell did we even get here? Why will the gods want to create a stronger being? Can't you explain for one to understand, you midget?!"

"It's not my fault you're a dumb and disgusting perv!"

"I'm not a perv!" William screamed.

Athena pouted and said, "I'm telling you all you need to know! The evil god is also a Celestial like you! I'm not even surprised to find out you molest girls because you're a spoilt brat!"

"The evil god is like me?"

"Y-Yes. He's a celestial made from a giant and a god."

"Woah?! Giants exist?! Why does that even surprise me at this point?"

"They're extinct right now anyway." Athena nonchalantly added.

William fell deep into thought …So I'm not normal? Is that why my hair is red and orange? But, I need to know something…

"Then what was I made from?" William asked with curious eyes.

"A human and the 'celestial gene' that was perfected over time. You're most likely the weakest celestial ever because of your human side."

"I'm the weakest combination? Then how will I defeat the half-giant half-god celestial?! Why didn't you guys create me from something better?!"

"I-I don't know! That's all you need to know, so stop asking me questions!" Athena screamed.

"W-What?! Why can't you tell me?"

"Your only purpose is to defeat the evil god and I am to train you. Celestials can move through different realms unlike gods, and the seal preventing that evil god from entering this realm might not work on him anymore in the future. We only have five years before he manages to enter this realm with his army. Besides, he has followers that are currently looking for you."

…Damn, this has become more serious than I expected. How do I get to this evil god's level in just five years and also have built an army? It's nearly impossible. But, for this girl to be her that means they must have a plan. Come to think of it, not all she says makes sense… Willaim thought before he asked.

"You're a god, aren't you? Then how did you come into this realm?"

Athena sneered and said confidently, "Hehe, do you think I'm the Goddess of Wisdom for nothing?"

William wore a doubtful expression on his face with folded arms as he asked, "...Then how did Selene arrive here?"

Athena was shocked to hear that name from William's mouth and tried to reaffirm, "Selene?! You've met Selene, the Goddess of the Moon?!"

"Y-Yeah, she's upstairs. Wait! She's the Moon Goddess?!"

"Athena, it's been a while," Selene stood at the top of the stairs and continued, "Care to explain why you created a demon to defeat a demon? Then what? Create another demon to defeat this demon later on?"

Athena ran up the stairs and jumped on Selene, "Selene! Oh my goodness, I'm so happy to see you!"

Selene still had the same expressionless face as she pushed Athena away, "Get off me, you're covered in mud and sand."

Athena still insisted on hugging Selene and said with teary eyes, "How can you disappear for more than a hundred years without contacting me?! Do you know how worried I've been?"

"I'm sorry. I've… I've been busy." Selene said and gave Athena a cloth to use to clean her tears.

While the two sister goddesses had a touching reunion, the only thing that was going through William's mind was …Hun-Hundred? They're both old hags?

Athen wiped her tears and pointed at William, "You were thinking both old hags, weren't you?"

"Huh? N-No. I never said that!" Despite William's denial, Selene and Athena both stared at him with a deathly aura surrounding them.

"But you thought that." Athena said as she walked down the stairs.

William moved back instinctively out of fear, "You-You can read my thoughts?! That's a violation of my privacy!"

"I also wish I couldn't see the thoughts of such a disgusting perv."

"I'm not a perv!"

3