Chapter 15 – Athena (Part 2– Finale)
74 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selene took Athena to change into something better and wash up, while William was called by Gilde to have his bath, breakfast, and medicine. Since when William had met Gilde, she had never uttered a single word.

Presently, Athena, Selene, and William sat on a round table in his room.

Athena harrumphed and said, "I see there's some tension between you two."

William stared angrily at Selene and the latter had her head facing away from him but she had a slight frown on her otherwise expressionless face.

"Let's start by resolving every misunderstanding since we all have to work together." Athena forced a smile with a vein popping out on the side of her forehead.

Neither Selene nor William paid attention to her or spoke.

"Let's start by sharing to ourselves the issue, shall we?" The vein on Athena's head popped out even more. She had been at this for at least 10 minutes already and none of them had spoken.

"Ask your sister. You can read minds, can't you? Hmph!" William said without seeing the tightened fist with bulging veins flying towards his face.

"Ouch, you stupid midget!" William screamed.

"Better start talking." Athena commanded. William didn't argue or complain and immediately obeyed.

William explained how since when he was young, Selene always watched him but it was only until recently he knew that she was hostile against him. He said Selene said he caused an explosion but he gave the excuse that he couldn't remember anything after he 'died'.

Later, Selene came to him and warned him about bringing harm to his father. He mentioned how Selene saw him and Viscount Maxton's argument the day before. Then when William went to apologize to his father he saw the latter with a sword logged into his chest and attempted to remove it, suddenly Selene came into the room and entered her divine form and said some words.

When he woke up, he went to check on his father but Selene wouldn't let him.

Athena nodded, "Ok, I understand. Selene, your turn."

"I have nothing to say in the presence of this demon. My master needs me." Selene stood up and left the room.

Athena sighed and said, "Selene has changed. She was never this rash in her decisions. Do you remember what she said when she entered her divine form?"

"Uh, William Maxton, I curse you blah blah blah cold death. I can't recall much because there was this voice in my head."

"What voice? What did it say?"

William placed his leg on the table and leisurely said, "It's called a system, by the way. And it told me Selene was a Goddess. You won't understand. It's an isekai thing."

Athena facepalmed herself and shook her head to William's dumbness before she said, "What are you saying? It must be the tool that Allison stole from the evil god."

William felt a bit embarrassed and countered, "Yeah, I also had that theory too."

"Activate it right now." Athena ordered.

William sighed and said, "I can't. It only activated when Selene entered her divine form."

Athena placed her hand under her chin and paced around the room, seemingly in deep thought before she stopped and said, "So it needs divine energy to function. Get up!"

Athena grabbed William by the shoulder and forced him out of the chair and down on his knees, "What? You're bothering me. You don't know where Allison is, I don't even know what you're still doing in my house."

"Shut up and listen! I will inject you with divine energy. To activate it!" Athena's eyes turned blue and she placed her hand on William's head.

"W-Wait this is all too sudden!"William's eyes also turned blue and he heard the familiar robotic female voice in his head.

⸤Energy detected!⸣

⸤System initializing…⸣

⸤Recharging  2.1% ...10.8% ...20.1% ...40.5% ...99.9%⸣

⸤Energy recharged.⸣

「Hello, William Maxton. I am NOVA, a multi-dimensional artificial intelligence created by ■■■■. I coordinate and handle knowledge provided and relay them to the master in an interactive format.」

"Woah, so what information do you have to relay to me?" William asked as he ignored Athena who kept on screaming for him to tell her what the system was saying.

「I am currently disconnected from 'The Heart' and 'The Mind'. Therefore, I do not have any information to relay to you apart from the ones I have collected through analysis of your encounters. Do you want me to attempt to connect to 'The Unity'? The success rate is 0.000000000000056.」

"It says it's currently disconnected from something called 'The Heart' and 'The Mind' and asked if I still want to attempt to connect to 'The Unity'. The success rate is really below one percent." William said.

Athena had a shocked expression on her face before she regained herself as she said, "The Unity? No! Don't connect to it!"

"Why? What is it?" William was eager to know.

Athena still pressed on, "You don't need to know! Don't ask!"

「The Unity is the vessel of the mind of The Creator to its Creations.」

William wore a shocked expression and said, "That's insane. What's so bad about connecting to this Unity?"

Athena hissed, "It told you what The Unity was? Damnit, still don't connect to it!"

William shook his head before saying, "You'll need more than that to convince me though."

Athena thought for a short while before she finally submitted, "Fine, I will tell you why you shouldn't but for now, don't connect to it."

"...Ok." William agreed.

「Without information from The Unity, many of my functions will be limited by 99.98%」

"What?! It says its functions will be limited by 99.98 percent!"

"What?! Ask it what its use is."

"Then what's your use?"

「I can analyze anything and put the information to the best use.」

William started feeling down, he sighed, "Only that? And to think I was screaming for you to save me."

3