Chapter 2: Bubble Squid’s Exploration and Adventurers Come in
91 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks pass, and the bubble squid, which has grown significantly, wakes up from their long slumber and begins using its now 20 millimeters long 10 millimeter thick tentacles to swim over and grabbing the corpse of the small roach(baby). They then began munching on it cutely. After consuming it, they began to notice they had some weird tiny fleshy thingies with something that opened and closed. Surprised by this strange occurrence, they stared at their new appendages for a few minutes until two messages came up, making the same annoying noise again, with an angry bubble coming from their mouth.

Appraisal has reached level 2

Stats have increased proportionally to the User's increase in Age after sleeping for three weeks. So you are now a Baby monster, which means you are one step up in the food chain.

Name: Arms & hands

Description: congrats, you've learned you have arms and hands! Bubble squids can be used to hold objects, make stuff, and do many other things.

Bubble squid would begin to have thoughts go through their mind on all the information being told to them via pictures and bubbles. Then, they would quickly bubble out Status while getting out of the pond again, using their more enormous, muscular tentacles to pull themselves to the soft, not water stuff.

Name: N/A

Level:2/5

Race: Bubble Squid(Baby)

Age:3 weeks old

Threat Level: N/A

Exp:0/5

Gender: Female

Strength:1.4

Dexterity:1.2

Intelligence:1.5

Vitality:1.3

Wisdom:1.2

Charisma:1.3

Luck:1.2

HP:26/26 (1/ hour)

SP:60/60 (13/hour)

MP:0/0

Skills:AppraisalLv1 (Rank: 0)

Passives: N/A

Racial Skills:Swimming Lv1 (Rank: 1),Tentacle Control Lv1 (Rank: 1), Tentacle Slap Lv1 (Rank: 0)

The bubble squid would clap with their hands and smack the screen away so they could try something that might help them bring in more food, which would allow them to grow bigger. 

Meanwhile, the guildhall is full of adventurers who work to assist civilians rather than fighting out in the field. Fighting monsters and killing them is not the goal of this village's guild; it's to ensure civilians are protected and populations of everyone, including demons, are at stable levels.

In the village, the guild master called two C+ and two E- rank adventurers to their office to issue them a personal mission to figure out where the start of the dungeon that had suddenly started growing was. After dealing with the dreaded paperwork, organizing files, and even killing an annoying fucking fly that can breathe fire, the guild master dusted themselves off. He began to speak to the small team of adventurers.

?????: Alright, everyone, I called you today to explore three dungeon floors before using the return scroll to come back here. Also, I am forcing the C+ ranks to train the newbies as our usual trainer has gotten sick after being bitten by an aptly named sickness pillbug.

 The C+ rank adventurers began complaining, yelling, and swearing about being forced to babysit the 'noobs/new meat' along the way. Finally, the Guild leader slams their hands down, causing everyone screaming and swearing in the room to shut up immediately. This doesn't sound good.

?????: Alright, Listen up! Do the mission, or I am personally cutting down on your payments from assignments for a whole month! Am I clear, soldiers?!

They all got kicked out of the office in the literal sense by the guild master, which ended up causing a few chuckles from the cross-dressing maid, the receptionist, and a few folks who heard and saw the entire thing. The two C+ Rank adventurers would proceed to grab the clueless E- who have not gotten their classes yet and are still wearing the noob starter pack gear, dragging them off. 

They walked out of town quickly after getting some supplies and introduced each other despite the fate that may befall them in the dungeon. The group leader is a decently equipped apprentice named Marvis, who is prideful but intelligent enough to know the most basic spells. Their strongest is [Fireball], which drains them of almost everything they have if they use it because they still practice their Mana Control using a book as a guide.

The Second C+ one is Terra, a blind apprentice studying healing magic who is decent at keeping people alive. However, being born blind and having below-average stats makes her a prime target for monsters, bullying, and misinformation. The two E- Rank people are nothing special, and one of them has a small throwing dagger that does not fit right. Skip to them is going to the dungeon entrance, a monumental entrance to a rocky cave.

Marvis (The Redshirt): Alright, Everyone, we've gotten nowhere after a long time spent walking. Now, ensure you are ready, and noobs, ensure you have your basic bandages as our healer can't fix everything, and they are not very powerful in close combat. This means your job is to protect them when they ask for it.

Terra (The Blind):*Does not say anything but questions how she got herself into this*

Noob #1 and Noob #2:Yes, sir! We will make sure Terra does not get hurt, sir!

Marvis silently curses that one of the noobs should know fucking burn in hell at some point, so he does not have to deal with weak, silly sausages. When they all entered, a voice in a language the three humans (and half-elf healer) could not understand. I teleported them to the first floor, which had Marvis look around and scoff.

Marvis (The Redshirt): Alright, that was weird. Let's make sure to be careful and not drop anything at all.

As they began walking, one's eye could be drawn to the waterproof book peeking out of Marvis' sack. It was a family heirloom that Marvis foolishly was trusted with by their parents. Meanwhile, the bubble squid returned to their pond after failing to find food and began swimming around it while ignoring the non-hostile baby salmon in the water/her god-dang house. Then, they saw super tall and strange people slowly walking around, so they quickly dove deep underwater and hid as the system told them to do to keep safe.

The party of strange creatures kept walking, and two things dropped into the now deeper pond. A book landed on a flat rock on the floor of the deep pond. A small(and tiny) throwing dagger fell in from Noob#1, pushing Noob#2, which caused them to start a three-stooges fight with the party leader. At the same time, the healer sat back and prepared a weak-ass healing spell for the numbnuts fighting over someone shoving somebody around. Bubble squid would learn something called [Stealth] but ignored the message and went down to the odd long thing, which they began using their tentacles to cutely try moving it in every way before it opened to a single page, and on it was written as follows. "Vol:1 on how to gain mana and [Mana Control] passive." This would explain how anyone could control mana via the skill on the first page. Sadly the bubble squid can't read, and so with its tiny brain, it began to slowly, and I mean slowly, try to understand this language that they had never heard of before.  

You, an excellent bubble squid, were gifted with the common tongue passive at Lv1! Good job, and as a bonus, you get 0.5 (1) intelligence as a reward for learning such a complex skill within two hours you never realized had passed.

It made thunderous but super happy bubbling noises as they felt more intelligent from starting to learn how to read, which helped them understand whatever this was. As time passed, the bubble squid began slowly reading aloud from the book. Then, they tried using their mouth to say the first words that came to their mind for the first time.

Bubble Squid: T-to l-learn-about-Mona-umm. Control is too

Bubble squid had a sweet and soft voice as they slowly read the first few words and began to feel their intelligence stat increase gradually over time. Finally, after reading 50 sentences poorly, they closed the book and went to bubble out Status before stopping and trying to say it this time because they are a big girl.

Name: N/A

Level:2/5

Race: Bubble Squid(Baby)

Age:3 weeks old

Titles: N/A

Threat Level: N/A

Exp:0/5

Gender: Female

Strength: 1.4

Skill: 1.2

Intelligence: 3.2

Vitality: 1.3

Wisdom: 1.2

Charisma: 1.3

Luck: 1.2

HP: 26/26 (1/hour)

SP: 60/60 (13/hour)

MP: 0/0

Skills: Appraisal Lv2 (Rank: 0)

Passives: Common Tongue Lv1 (Rank: 0)

Racial Skills: Swimming Lv1 (Rank: 1), Tentacle Control Lv1 (Rank: 1), Tentacle Slap Lv1 (Rank: 0)

Bubble squid felt brighter, and they continued trying to read the book. Over time the language skill slowly began leveling up, making it slightly easier each time for them to understand the big words and even try teaching themselves to speak. Going back to the party, they were busy spending an extended amount of time writing stuff down about the first dungeon floor, then fighting anything that didn't run away on sight, so nothing much happened. 2 hours passed before they were done (the same time as the bubble squid spent reading)

Marvis (The Redshirt): Alright, let's get camp up and running, as right now my magic watch is telling me that nightfall is in 2 hours. Let's get supplies. Noob #1 and Noob #2, your job is collecting fallen branches from the trees for the fire. I will be collecting stones, and Terra will set up tents.

Noob #1 giggles at the thought of the blind lady setting up tents before he is smacked over the head by their partner in crime. Both quickly went for various trees throughout the vast plains area and began pulling off dead chunks of wood and branches. Terra had finished the tents minutes after the two noobs returned and set up the firepit. An hour later, a good-looking C- rank small roast was cooking over the magically lit fire by Marvis.

They began to eat shortly before Terra spoke up as her Mana Sight felt something.

Terra (The Blind): I felt something strange 130 feet away from us. It feels like something is learning and growing. 

Noob#1: It must just be one of those small roaches drinking milk from their mother.

Noob#2: Shut it, 'friend' (One quick smack over Noob#1's head later). Let's turn in for the night.

With Marvis taking the first watch, the others went to sleep in the tent. The leftover roast was left out, making for a hearty meal tomorrow. Meanwhile, the baby bubble squid fell asleep reading, and in the morning, it hatched a plan to learn [Mana Control] and become even stronger than it was before.

6