Chapter 5: Power System Pt.2
497 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Other common skills are ‘Sacrifice: Heal’, and ‘Mana Blast’. I have a list of common bloodlines right here.” Linda continues, pulling out a worn palmphlet.

Sacrifice: Heal. This requires the hero Palas to have a lot of HP, so he won’t lose much of his own Health when healing party members. Mana Blast belongs to hero Hajra, nobody uses him, there are literally a hundred other alternatives. Most importantly, the character design was uninspired.

“Do these skills appear together in one person too?” Marcheline pries while leafing through the palmphlet. She narrows her eyes. Just as she thought, the so-called ‘bloodlines’ are named after the Heroes they belong to.

“No, no, they belong to different bloodlines. But if someone does happen to be born to parents with different skillsets, only one bloodline would be active.”

“What about skills similar to that of the mage who wrote in the sky, the one that told everyone to flee?”

“Hmm, they have all sorts of spells in the Royal Academy. But… most aren’t taught to commoners. I think they also teach some soldiers?”

“Oh.” that complicates things.

“So, did you get anything?” Linda asks as an afterthought.

Marcheline quickly thinks of a hero that has a similar skill to her, “Summon: Protector.” From a purple Hero that summons a beast to take a portion of single-attack damage. It has a weak attack, but greatly increases the party’s survival.

Linda creases her brows, “Hmm, that sounds useful, but I’m not familiar with that.” the pamphlet only did contain Blue Heroes. Bloodlines. Marcheline still thinks of them as Heroes.

Notably though, Blue heroes with questionable origins are not included. There was supposed to be a guy that could turn defeated foes into puppets for a few rounds…

“So, this blessing, it gives us skills and…?” she gestures vaguely with her hands.

“More or less. If you’ve never experienced it before, it should unlock the first level. After that, it also increases your stats with it, but I hear it gets less useful past level 6.” a pause, “But not everyone gets bloodline skills, as I said.” It seems really important that she repeats that.

“How do you increase skill level then?”

“The academy provides resources to some students, something called Black Diamond.” Linda scrunches her nose, “Most people are just stuck having level one skills.”

Marcheline has the pamphlet opened on Linda’s skill, “but it says here that the higher level of your skill, Rally, only increases the Speed effect by ten percent at the maximum.”

“Right?! That’s why my skill is useful from the get-go. I don’t need Black Diamonds, I just need to level up so I don’t go down in a fight.”

Marcheline lets the girl go on and on about her own skills, comparing to other bloodlines. This is immensely useful, to say the least.

From what she’s learned, these bloodlines are exactly the same as the Heroes’ skills. Although Linda never mentioned the popular poisoners and other heroes that could be considered ‘dark’. Marcheline doesn’t know how to bring them up either. But it’s alright, she has more important questions.

It seems that skills above Blue are not common knowledge. These skills usually appear within the nobility. A lot of people may have seen the effects of Purple, Gold, and Platinum skills, but the numerical specifics are mostly unknown.

This information, however, is something Marcheline has memorized from her previous life.

25