Chapter 4
176 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door is pushed opened as the crier announces my presence to all parties inside the visitation hall. Stepping inside I stop just past the entrance to admire the throne room. Fluted columns flank a full path between them. Lain on this path is a thick red rug that leads to an elevated throne. The guards that showed me the way exit back to the hallway and the door is closed. I’m surprised that they’re not going to escort me, but it means I get to explore. Keeping to the carpet I make my way towards the throne, passing statues that share uncanny resemble my character. Each shows a different pose with different weapons and objects, but the way they were carved almost makes them look like they could move on their own. Walking past them slightly worried about what this visit entails, I notice that the columns create a semi-circle around the throne — coming to the base of the semi-circle I find nine groups kneeling around the throne. The problem with them kneeling is that there are facing me. So that title means I'm the leader of this place. In a few hours, I went from quest taker to quest giver. Though I am a little disappointed, this situation could be somewhat unusual for other players and me. Taking a deep breath, I take a closer look at the people assembled. Looking at them each has the dull cloaks about them, but that doesn’t hide the fact that some have four arms or the some are at least eight feet tall. They will most likely introduce themselves later. After a quick sweep of the kneeling, I look up to the throne. On a raised platform sits a throne made of materials that make it look like it was made out of pure darkness. Engraved in the back of the throne is a symbol of a book being engulfed by tentacles painted with gold decoration. Bowing next to the throne a man on one knee is bent, unlike the rest, he isn’t wearing anything over the body but instead wears a freshly pressed navy blue suit. His horns were much larger than the rest even in this room. He must be the one that the players will interact with since he has a familiar suit instead of a dull cloak. He looked at me with a broad smile and then his face turns into a mug of confusion.

“Why are you in such awe at your throne room my lady?”

“It is because I have never seen this throne room before though I do know of this realm I made it after all.”

A loud gasp is heard through the audience hall coming from all gathered parties even the man by the throne.

“That's quite a brash claim but if you haven’t been in this palace before than you are the lady of the abyss. Guards!”

All the groups in front of me pull their weapons ranging from short swords to bows. The guards from the door start running towards me with swords drawn. This battle is not good for my plans. I wonder if there is anything I can do. Wait I can modify this realm as I please right. Looking through the menus, I find the free script and script which can put to use. Looking through the text, I see the golem status. Reading it is says I can apply it to statues and objects with a humanoid function. My grin starts to grow a little bit, turning to face the hall of statues I highlight all the figures and apply to the golem status. The ground begins to rumble as 16 sculptures stepped off their pedestals all at once. Looking back at the attacking party they seem to be quite startled. They began to back up as all sixteen eight-foot-tall statues formed a defensive barrier around me. I wonder what level these golems for the attackers to back up as such. Though that is for me to worry about later, seeing that they were only protecting me, they looked to the demon.

“Did you do this?” pointing at my guards."

“Indeed I have given these statues life.”

“It seems your claims weren't so unfounded; everyone put your weapons away.”

“Thanks, I was getting nervous there.” motioning for the golems to put their weapons down."

“May I ask what your name is since you are not the Lady we were hoping to receive."

“My name is Ydtix.”

"That can’t be your real name. The creator of this realm was much more powerful than you.”

"Is there a way to confirm my identity?”

“There is, in fact, a way to determine if you are who you say you are. Follow me.”

The demon walked down the stairs towards the pillar holding a torch sconce and pulled it revealing a secret passage in the stairs to the throne, the demon motions for me to follow. I order all the statues to return to their original pedestals and resume their previous poses. Following the demon, we navigate through various corridors around traps and cross a bottomless pit. After an hour we arrive at a door with no visible way to open it. The surface is a black tinted mirror reflecting us.

“OK, when I say the words to activate this door the mirror will cut through all illusions and forms and reveal your true form. If your true form is anything other than what opens the door, I will kill you where you stand.”

I nod to him when he begins to chant a strange language, but instead of not understanding it I comprehended completely. That is a little shocking but what came next came to be a bit more surprising. After the chanting ends, the mirror starts to shimmer.


About the author
2