Chapter 5
122 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the mirror shimmering stops, shadows begin to form starting at my current size and then starts expanding more massive and more significant. Soon the door is completely filled with the shadows, meaning that my true form is tremendous. Even in character creation had I intended for such a massive way but I suppose this kind of thing befits an end game boss. The image on the door zooms out as if it were a camera moving further until the full silhouette of the monstrosity is revealed. Standing at a nearly 300 ft tall, the tentacled creature rises out of the ground with solar eclipse just behind the maddening head. With cities burning and ground cracking in the foreground with armies charging each other over body covered fields. When it stops zooming out, the image begins engraving itself into the door, leaving the picture for all eternity. A loud click is here as two handles form so that the door could be opened. 

 

"I'm sorry I doubted you, but I had to be sure." He prostrates before me now knowing that I am the true master of this realm. 

 

"What lies beyond this door if I may ask?" 

 

"I sorry I don't know beside no is allowed to enter besides you I'm afraid."

 

Leaving him to prostrate, I pull on the handle, and the grand door opens quite easily as if well oiled. Inside the door is pitch-black Darkness which seems more like a veil than another room. Entering into the room, the door slid closed behind me leaving completely blind until blazer in the room light up in a sequence leading down a ramp into a large chamber. Following the procession of flames, it soon reveals a pedestal with a single item placed on little cloth pillow. 

Moving closer show the item to a statue of the book being grasped by multiple tentacles. Now I stand before the artifact staring at its beautiful intricacies. Not able to hold the anticipation of wondering what this is an alarm appears on my hud. Indeed it has already been 8 hours since I started playing. That doesn't seem like I have been here for long, but I did take a couple hour in creation, so that is what got me to eight. I need to get off soon, or I'm going to be very tired at work tomorrow. Reaching my hand for the logout button, I stop short from pressing it. I will see what this thing is before I leave to go to bed. Exiting the menu, I look at the object of my interest once more. Reaching out, I place my hand the purpose of expecting a reaction of some kind, but there was nothing. Bringing it closer to inspect it, I realize that it is actually a bottle with liquid inside.

Listen to it slush around as I shake it; I wonder what content it holds inside. Looking at the top shows a cork placed correctly in the neck of the bottle. Since I don't have a bottle open at my disposal, I order the work to remove itself from the container which it does in an orderly fashion. Smelling the contents, I feel like the ocean is inside. Looking for a glass, I notice the pillow has been removed and replaced by a goblet. Not suspicious at all, I take the cup I pour the contents out. What comes out has a deep color turquoise filling the cup exactly with nothing remaining the bottle. Taking the goblet in both hands, I lift it to my mouth and take a sip. The liquid taste like nothing I have tasted before but it is pleasant though it feels like it came from the ocean the salt does not impede the experience.

Seeing that the drink is good, I finish it promptly. Seeing I will have to get off after this, it is a shame I can't have an actual liquor before bed. Putting the goblet down on the pedestal. Opening the menu, I click the logout button, which has changed colors to the same color as the drink I ingested. I wonder if that was a rare cosmetic item that changed menu colors. Pressing the button, I get the usual confirmation prompt. Clicking yes I expect to be ejected from the game and wake up in the capsule but instead, the scenery around me changes to my apartment with me currently playing the game. A prompt appears in front of me. 

 

Are you sure you want to return to your old life?  

 

What kind of question is that? This prompt is some sort of making me nervous in an existential crisis sort of way. I mean, my life isn't too bad, but there really is anything that appeals to me. Kind of like drifting through life like a bystander on the street corner watching the traffic go by. After thinking about it, I click the no option even though my instincts are telling me this is a bad idea. I want to go on an adventure to see the world, but work and everything else ties me down in place, forcing me to stay still. I want to escape this cycle somehow, and this seems like an unusual path to take. 

 

You thought long about your answer. Will you have any regrets?

2