Extra 1
177 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The capital city of the Helvan Empire, Teyr, sits in a luscious valley filled with bountiful forests, teeming rivers and endless fields of grain. The city itself is no less impressive with a tall wall surrounding the outside with watchtowers at set intervals. Inside builds made of carved sandstone are set in a grid pattern. At the center is the square where the impressive statue of the founder of the empire. The grand temple is here as well as the adventurer's guild headquarters. 

Recommended starting area for semi-casual players, but hardcore will find this has many secrets to find and discover. 

 

After reading the description for one of the starting cities of God's Door, I was impressed by how specific it was as well as vague. I'm glad they let the player find out about the city themselves. The city of Teyr was where I was assigned to start for the beta test. The other 10,000 public beta testers would enter the game a week from now in real life or a month in play. This game me plenty of time to find and bugs, see if the NPC were acting correctly, and to review how players would enter the game. I hit confirm, and the surrounds turn black as im transport to the game world, or that's what the Dev said it was. All my senses return to me at once and open my eyes slowly to look around the forest I'm currently standing. Already knowing the general layout of the area, I start heading about a mile to the west. I am so glad they made the starting areas close to roads. Arriving at the dirt road that stretched to left and right with a road sign sitting directly across the way. The destination has long faded meaning this was not well maintained at least not this part. Moving done the road to the left, I pull up the menu to occupy the time since it will take till evening to get to the capital gate. Combing through the options all seems to be in working order a sigh of relief goes through me as it appears that Jared almost killed himself trying to get the menu working before the beta version release. After leaving the forest, I come to crest a small hill, beyond is endless fields of wheat and other crops which surround a beacon of civilization glimmering in the afternoon sun. A small hamlet laid on the road between here and gated city. Continuing to walk, the wheat field swayed with the pleasant breeze when suddenly a boy ran of an area a plow straight into me, sending us sprawling to the ground. He was the first to recover, and he picked up a sack he must have been carrying, and he ran in the next field. Wondering what that was about as I stood back up and brushed off the seat of my pants, the shouting could be heard. 

 

"I swear if I find you boy I going to post your head on a pike and feed the rest to my pigs."

 

Soon a tanned faced farmer emerged from the wheat swinging a scythe wildly as if practicing the very act he threatened. He saw me standing there and without words, I pointing to where the boy had gone, and the farmer nodded and went back to chasing the boy. Disregarding what I had just witnessed I continued until I reached the small hamlet of Hommlet. With only a handful of wood homes with a few stone buildings, one being the Inn. I didn't plan on staying, but I had time to look around Hommlet since this would be the first place players would encounter. Just glancing around this most a place the farmers to back to with little in the entertainment of niceties. Seeing what was to know, I finished my journey at the gate of Teyr. A line was formed when I arrived most were returning merchants since the wagons were empty of wares. When it came to my turn, I showed him my personal ID. Taking it and looking it over before returning to me and opening a door. Entering into the city, the street was full of people moving to their own destinations, buying goods, or enjoying the late afternoon weather. Walking through the crowds, I check my map, making sure I'm heading to the main square where the adventurer's guild is located, the location of my investigation. After maneuvering through the crowds of the market district, a procession of priests and paladins are walking down the center surrounding a black-cloaked figure in chains. The strangest thing about the man was that the cloak seemed to be made of the shadows themselves. Chained by the hands and feet, the group's progress was slow moving towards the city center. Piquing my interest following them to the square doesn't sound like the worst idea. It seems I'm not the only one to come up with this idea as a group has formed from curious passersby. The main square holds many of the most essential builds for regular citizens and adventurers alike. With the adventurer's guild, the merchant's guild and the magical research institute. At the center of it all stands a giant statue made of bronze of the founder looking towards an unknown horizon. Seeing the square, the group makes its way to an upright beam surrounded by lumber on the bottom covered in some sort of oil. Only realizing now what they intend for the man, contacting a dev would make sense since if a player were to engage a filter for gore, then they would need to build it. Pressing the dev contact button a call link connects.

 

"Please describe the problem that you are experiencing, and we will be right with you," says a female voice. 

 

"I'm one of the system testers, and I wanted to talk to dev for the gore blocker," I say, and I hear the call is forwarded.  

 

"Yo, what can I do for you." 

 

"I'm currently viewing a public execution by burning at stake, and I was wondering if you had implemented that event to the system."

 

I hear his chair return to the upright position and tapping on a keyboard.

 

"I don't have that event in the system for towns or cities, are you sure it's burning at stake?" "Call me back after it's over, so I know how long it lasts."

 

"OK, I'll call you back."

 

Looking up towards the unlit pyre, the robed man has been tied, and the paladin has surrounded him forming a circle. A priest steps up on a box.

 

"Today this blasphemy shall be cleansed by the flames of purity, the great creator shall smite the wicked and worshipers of false gods." after the speech the priest nods to the paladin and he ignites the pyre with white flames. It soon consumes the pile and the lower garments of the man. 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

The man on the pyre begins to laugh a wicked laugh which quiets the square. As the flames reach his torso, they start to darken to an all-consuming black. 

 

"I DIE FOR MY GODDESS, BUT YOU WILL DIE WITH ME" 

 

The flames swell, and the last thing I see is a wall of black fire. 

 

The flames give off no heat and I feel no pain as the flames consume me. 

 

Pitch black surrounds me as I float in an empty space without light or sound. This place is not a place I have been to before. Let's see if I can log out. Opening the menu the light radiants out into the darkness but it soon starts to be consumed by the void. Then the menu closes as if it were a candle in a storm. Another presence is close but it seems to surround me. 

 

HEllO ChiLD, WHat Are YoU doINg In mY rEaLm?” A sound like a scratched record player resounds in my mind overwhelming me, as an eye opens in the dark looking into me.  

 

3