Chapter 1: I thought Lost was off air!
61 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: I thought Lost was off air!


~Wake up...... Waaake up....... WAKE UP!~

Her eyes fluttered open hands darting to cover her ears to block out the noise even though it fails.  

"Fuck! Please why are you yelling! It's rude to annoy the dead you know!" My head ringing and throbbing in pain as I start looking around. 

Wait...... Hands? Arms?! TORSO?!?! 

"I'm alive?!?!?!?!" 
~Most certainly so. You are welcome. Now - ~

"I'm alive? That's amazing! Where am I? Sand?"

Inspecting her surroundings she finds little more then a beach island 9 by 9 meters in length. Outside of the small patch of sand lays an ocean with no end in sight waves crashing into each other with a salty taste in the air. It looks like any other ocean would on Earth. 

Only..... if only there were people. The voice isn't good company....

~Not... Good... Company? Who saved your sorry self from the river of reincarnation huh? You would have been transmigrated without memories! Well without most of them if I followed the script I was supposed to. Sorry for not letting my champion be tortured by the Samsara Guard. Ohhhh Woe is this poor soul that was saved from torment. How kind is she to the literal Goddess that plucked her out of literal hell. Sure, you died. I get it. Not fun. I'm being nice here! Humph!~ 

"Well.... I apologize. I shouldn't have been an ass. I guess I took it too far. I'm pretty new to disembodied voices claiming godship and telling me the universe is much more then bubble tea and sleep."


~Whatever. Are you capable of slowing down a moment to listen I am obligated to tell you some things you should know.~

Lyra's headache slowly subsides as the conversation progresses her vision becoming clearer and the strangeness of the situation starts settling in. She died. There is a Goddess in her head telling her that there are things she should know. Her Ex was apparently straight the whole 2 years they dated. She's shorter then she was supposed to be.

I'm shorter? Huh?

~Well let me explain things. Your name is Lira at least it is now. Names are something you lose first regardless of how resistant your soul was to the first cleansing of the River. I am the Goddess Ater of Farming Sims! I have been tasked as your Handler and you my Champion!~

Champion? Farming sims? What kind of weird claim of godhood is that? Can I be the Goddess of Oddly specific thing inserted here? Ater I hardly know her? 

A mechanical voice plays in Lyra's ears as she contemplates the reality of the situation. 

[Bloodline resonance detected. Initializing Island. Beginners gift available. Status updated]

~Oh goody it worked even if you were technically dead for a bit. We got here in time. Welcome to your second life. I managed to add a few things to the gift granted by this worlds laws as the boons I was going to grant you. In any case I'' explain a few things after you go through the World systems tutorial. Feel free to take your time.~


[Status]

Name: Lyra Viotto 

Race / Subrace: Human / None

Cultivation / Cultivation Method: None / None

Bloodline: None

Strength rating: Weaker then a tadpole

[Island Status unavailable until conditions met]


[Welcome descendent to The Endless Ocean. The Laws of this world allow for the growth of the landmass among other things in order to temper the new generation of my decedents. So long as my blood flows through you the endless ocean and my legacy will prosper. Fight. Kill. Hunt. Prosper. The strength you gain will lead you to the highest points in your future perhaps you can follow my footsteps and reach the heights I have as a God. Every week there will be Demonic Beasts attacking each of your islands. Every month there will be a Global trade trade where people of the same Island level will be teleported to a safe location and trading will possible. Every Year a tournament. Those who place among the top 30 shall be granted leave from the world early and a boon from the endless ocean. Go my decedents and prove yourselves in this cruel world.]

A light burst into existence in the center of the island, a happy melody accompanying as a box coming into existence. She moves closer to it marveling first at the delivery system the so called beginners gift had to reach her.  It was a small container with fish and other marine life carved into the smooth pure jade. The detail staggering each and every animal looking alive as if they could swim off to join their kind in the ocean at moments notice. Among some of the easily distinguishable creatures depicted, those similar to ones Lyra had known on earth a nd other fantastical. A fish with literal wings domineering as it stares towards the sky mouth open as if to challenge it. Long eastern dragons coiling their treasures of the deep protectively as if to ward off prying eyes. 

"Truly a Masterpiece" Lyra lets out as she turn over the container. A prompt showing as she does. 

[Beginners gift box (Modified): Contains the tools necessary for survival in The Endless Ocean. Box also doubles as reception method for loot and traded items. Items removed from the box may not be stored into it.]

[Open gift box?]

Confirming the option with her mind the box opens allowing her to reach into it though she can't quite understand how it functions.
"Miss Goddess, How do I make it work? Also why am I here? I imagine there is a story to this Lyra that would be useful to know seeing as I apparently stole her body?"

~Incorrect she died during the transfer between realms to this lower realms due to injuries so the body was free game! She wasn't using it anyways. As time passes you will sync with the body and whatever memories weren't stored within her soul will open up to you. Usually this process is dangerous but thanks to your amazing and kind Goddess handler you will be safe and instead of unstably merging what is left of her consciousness rather your soul will assimilate what is left. To make the complex simple you are fine and you won't need to learn how this whole new world functions entirely on your own. Fortunately for you the box is simple though. It's a normal space treasure with extra features. Simply think of what you want to remove or think that you want to remove something whilst touching the treasure and it will do so. The rest I'll tell you when you have the chance. There is much to tell and you only have so much time to handle things. Champion or not you would make a little meal for anything that desires to eat you.~

At that she does as instructed pulling everything inside the box out letting a small pile show up on the sand next to her. Two Books, a Phone like thing, Some shining rocks, a meter large clump of dirt and some seeds. Starting with the phone Lyra takes a look over it and it's sleek design. It seems small but comfortable with what looks like no screen and a few buttons on the side. Pressing one a screen appears in front of her. Showing her status once more along side several tabs. "Island Status, Global chat, Trade chat, Local chat, Friends list, and finally one labeled only with question marks all of them blacked out for the moment. A popup appears on the screen notifying her that the features will become active when she begins to gather energy. 

Moving from that she takes a look at the two books. The Seed Cultivation Art and the Island Cultivation Manual. 

4