Chapter 2: At least there aren’t in app purchases
63 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: At least there aren't in app purchases


Both of the manuals are written in tomes with silver and gold linings alongside beautiful calligraphy. Starting with the Island Cultivation manual the words somewhat strange and ethereal as they are hard to decipher and read. A book whos length seems easily manageable in one sitting felt imposing as if each word held much deeper meaning then what one word could hold. After an hour of pushing past what she could Lyra stopped and rubbed her temple.

From what she could gather the book taught her how to refine the artifact, what she had referred to as a phone, and through that how to grow and evolve the island in ways that empower the cultivator. The unfamiliar words being given definition by the body she now inhabited. Turing to the Seed Cultivation Art she hoped it would be far simpler. Having gone through compulsory education just before death didn't teach her much about growing and maintaining agriculture or seeds. Remembering back almost everything she grew would die without fail. Touch of death her Girlfriend had titled her.

Well ex. I wish I forgot her instead of my name..... 

Turing open the page her eyes were immediately drawn to the first word each brush stroke and character immaculate almost  an artwork in and of it self. Instead of reading and understanding it felt as though the words them self were imprinting themselves gentle and comforting as they whispered of the possibilities. Of infinite chance and infinite change, of paradise and beauty. Time was a blur and the chimes of some beautiful symphony helped pass it until eventually the last page was turned. Two clear and bright moons hanging overhead. 


[Status]

Name: Lyra Viotto 

Race / Subrace: Human / None

Cultivation / Cultivation Method: 1st Stage Body Tempering / Seed Cultivation Art (Infantile)

Bloodline: None

Strength rating: Weaker then 2 tadpoles

[Error recorded. Cultivation Art outside scope of planer restrictions]


???

~Don't worry the problem will be resolved when you refine the Artifact as directed in the booklet, The artifact I granted has been upgraded to work with the art and allow it to function in this lower plane. Unfortunately the restrictions imposed ore even more then would normally. Even so this art will most suit you. Once you refine the artifact I will also be able to grant you the boon I mentioned prior. That being said you will be on your own from that point for a while at least. It's already draining talking over 2 realms of distance and I have to help you bind a high tier artifact. All the things I do to be lazy.... I almost work more then I rest. No way! After I get back I'm farming at least a thousand years! Top of the leaderboard forever!~

???????

In baffled confusion confusion Lyra remembers the artifact refinement mentioned within the art comparing it to the similar one mentioned in the other manual before coming to the conclusion that both were more or less the same with minor differences. Most importantly the level of existence required to pull off one over the other. Remember past the refinement stage though seems to pose problems. As though the memories existed behind layers and layers of existence unable to be pierced by thoughts. Looking at the book one more the pages were blank and empty.  

Deciding to go along with the advice of the clearly whimsical and farming game addicted Goddess she puts her hand over the artifact making a small cut with her nail to let out blood before proceeding to smear it as instructed. The chants leave her mouth fluidly as though they resonated with her being leaving her comfortable and energetic. The flow increasing more and more starting to worry her before another rush of energy far more powerful and pure rushed through her calming the flow and letting the artifact glow brightly. The happy hum accompanying it as it shot quickly and without warning towards her navel. Touching it touching the spot two fingers below it a name came to mind, dantian. The place Qi is stored before it is circulated within her meridian system. 

A screen popped up letting her know if the success. alongside an ominous message.

Farming systems available demiplane created. 

She flinched a little at the message hoping to the Goddess that seemed to no longer be around that this wasn't what she imagined.... To much time and energy invested in those addicting games with numbers in the billions had left deep shadows in the psych of a generation of teens. 

".... A plot of land and nothing else to show for it as I imagined. The UI Even looks similar to what I remember though there are new things. Seed shop? Seems I can sell my harvest to purchase new seeds and animals. Achievements! So I need to complete these to expand the farm into more plots and to enhance the effectiveness of whatever can come out of it. It seems it also can affect the island too expanding the size or rewarding dirt and other things. At least there aren't in app purchases!"

In the bottom corner is a little counter showing the conversion rate between objects within the farm to real world a single product being produced from each harvest of a crop. Alongside the game system there seemed to be an identification system for plants and seeds within the real world that could be transferred in and grown within her demiplane. 

"Well at least that makes things convenient. Who cares if what I grow eventually turns to dust under my care. This place will grow itself." she smugly hummed before looking over the seeds provided as well. "What will be my first crop! I bet it's fantastical!"

 

2