A World I Know Of
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stepped back taking in the size of the footprint, it was the length of a medium-sized car and its depth didn't go any deeper than a few inches. However, the most unsettling detail, was this was no dragon or any large animal's footprint, but it was a human's. Somehow, I recognized this setting. A destroyed town, a medieval setting, a giant's footprint implanted into the ground, a massive hole in the wall. My breathing hitched when I heard the distant flapping of birds overhead. The wind stopped for but a few short moments before I felt the ground rumble.

The crows flew over the town as they cawed frantically as the rumbling got closer. I panicked and I stood there, waiting for something to come out of the trees, and as I watched the constant thump after thump and the rustling of the leaves began to sound closer and closer. That's when I saw the figure, a figure of immense size about 12 meters tall. It towered over my figure and I watched astounded by its size. I don't know why I wasn't afraid but I should've booked it when I had the chance because the next thing I knew, I see the giant's head tilt down toward me.

Instantly I knew what this meant. I quickly began sprinting the opposite way and passed by the cart and the dead horse. My heartbeat began to beat louder as I could feel the thumps on the ground begin to get faster. My breathing hitched when I decided to look behind me to see the titan gaining on me, which in turn pushed me to run faster.

As I ran, I spotted a small hole that was just big enough to fit inside. I decided to take my chances and I dove for it, my body squeezed inside and I managed to get in just as the titan's foot was at the house. I fell on my ass when I got my entire body through and I managed to land safely on the hard cobblestone floor. I got up and looked again at the small hole I had just entered, and I stepped back a little when I saw the titan's eye peeking through the human-sized hole.

I knew what this "thing" was and where I was located. The destroyed houses, the dead horse, the titan. There was no mistaking that I was indeed in the Attack on Titan universe!

I thought again that it was impossible, I'd had to be dreaming, and that everything that I'd read couldn't be happening before my very eyes. But everything I saw felt all too real, the pain when I landed on the cobblestone felt real, and the heavy breathing was real too. Or was that just my brain processing these as feelings? I was too confused even to think. Then just as I was about to leave, the titan moves its face away from the hole and starts walking away. Its loud footsteps getting distant by the second.

Was it that easy? 'I'm no expert at recalling things, but wasn't it more difficult to avoid these things, or was it dramatized-' I couldn't finish that thought as a hand came crashing through the small hole causing me to sprint towards an exit door. I reached for the knob only to realize that it was locked. I looked back to see a hand searching into the basement I was in and grabbing at things with its hand which it then crushed into its palm. I tried twisting the knob even further however that proved useless, so out of fear and desperation I backed a few steps and then ran into the door using my shoulder. 

I threw my body towards the door only to slam into it with my face and fail to barge the door open. I recovered from my failed attempt and tried again. When I looked back again I saw the hand inching closer to where I was which caused the fear in me to get even worse.  I ran towards the door and gave everything I had this time and I successfully managed to get the door open. I got up in an instant and made a break for the stairs, and in my mad dash I tripped on a step causing me to hit my head on the stairs, but luckily I was able to save myself from hitting the stairs too hard which resulted in a cut to my forehead.

I managed to stumble the rest of the way up and then made my way toward the front door, failing to see what was outside waiting for me. I obliviously open the front door to see about 3 more titans outside staring endlessly across the buildings, almost as if they were waiting. However, when I opened the front door, their heads immediately snapped in my direction.

I backed up quickly and slammed the front door. I saw a nearby table and flipped it over on its side to act as a barricade between the door. 'That's stupid,' I thought as I looked at my lousy attempt to stop my impending doom. I was a fool not to realize that these were 32-foot naked zombies that had the strength to pulverize an entire stone wall. 

I backed up further into a corner as I listened to the sounds of the titans smashing into the roof of the house when all of a sudden a fist came crashing through the roof, effectively destroying the only protection I had. Another hand burst into a window a few feet away from me as it outreached its hand to look for any food. Surrounded and afraid I tried to make my way back to the door of the basement however when I tried to open the door, I was horrified to hear that audible clicking sound that signified it was locked.

Before I could try to budge my way through the door a hand wrapped itself around my torso, and it held on with a tight grip. I tried desperately to free myself from the titan's vice grip as I looked upwards to see the titan smiling. No matter how much I tried to punch, wriggle, or push myself, it kept its grip on me. I felt hopeless knowing that I would die in a fictional world and upon that a world that I watched where there was a compelling story that I hadn't seen for myself in person.

I swallowed and waited for the feeling of being consumed in a mouthful as I drew closer to the titan's mouth. For a few moments, I recalled the good memories of my previous life that I had lived, when suddenly, I heard a sort of popping sound and then the sound of metal grinding. I opened my eyes to see two lines of wire sticking onto the titan's arm, and then in a flash a person flys in front of my eyes, slicing the arm with his blades before disappearing, all in the span of a moment.

I felt the hand around me begin to release its grip as I fell back onto the ground with a thud. I stood up and looked towards the direction of where the person had flown off to, and to my absolute surprise, I saw them standing in the middle of the street with blood staining their clothing. He wore a dark green cloak and to my surprise, it withheld the distinct and recognizable insignia of the Scout Regiment.

0