Chapter 3: Reapers scythe hangs over your neck, One wrong move…
566 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

Suijin sat up and grabbed his ever-blank paper. He started walking towards the window. As he opened the window and was about to jump back to his room, he heard Shouji speak.

"I have no idea why you're underestimating yourself. Nor why you're so pessimistic in a world where doing the extraordinary  is normal. Your dad should be used as a baseline, yes, but as a hero.  Your aim would be to surpass him. From what I've seen, the only thing holding you back from showing this world what you could do is yourself."

Suijin hopped over to the window and shut the blinds. He put his papers down and crawled into his bed. That night, his sleep was as confusing as ever. With him having a dream of multiple miniature suijin having a conference at a table.

______________________________________________________________________________________

*Timeskip 3 Weeks*

*Suijin Pov*

"That training must have paid off. With these  muscles I should be able to defeat some small-time villains on my own."

I look in the mirror and see my fit body. Although not much has changed, my body has started shifting from a lanky and skinny build like my fathers into a more balanced one.

"These past weeks of training have started to show their effects. Although.."

*Flashback*

"Here."

I looked at the monstrosity of a "smoothie" in front of me. The chunky bits could be seen and the overall color of the meal was a dark green.

Normally this would just indicate many vegetables. But the chunky pieces of various meats say otherwise.

I look up at the devil himself. His mask hides his emotions but his eyes tell a different story.

'Is that glee I see?'

Maybe he sensed my impending question, or maybe he just wanted to talk.

"Well, since you can't eat normally, and since you're trying to be healthy, regulating your diet is important.

So say hello to this smoothie, composed of  "Avocados, Almonds, Coconuts, Walnuts, Asparagus, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Kale, Fish and seafood, Salmon, Sardines, Grains, Cheese ,Coconut oil, Sweet potatoes, Apple cider vinegar, Dark chocolate, *bleep.*"

*Flashback End*

*Loud Knock*

"HEY! WHOEVER'S IN THERE GET OUT!"

I fiddle with the doorknob as I try to open it. I look at the perpetrator and what meets my eyes is a big fat man. The standard belly overflowing from his gut, shirt covered in grease stain, and hair parting on top of his head.

However the man's eyes were familiar.

'Ah, this again.'

Once the man's slow brain finally processed myself he went red with anger. This result wasn't uncommon to me. Yelling, Screaming, Snide remarks, all such things I've been subject to.

"It's one of those Heteromorphic, eh."

'Walking away has always been the go to move in such situations. And since he was waiting for the bathroom he should just let me leave-'

"Where do you think your going"

A hand was placed on my shoulder.

'Punching him and running may be the best option. However~the son of a hero shouldn't be  punching a civilian.'

"Is there a problem sirs."

A worker at this smoothie store stood next to us. Looking a little more I remembered his face. It's Junichi. I'm sure he should be able to help, I see him every day.

"Yeah, I'm getting bothered by this...thing."

"I see the problem sir,  I'll help you right away."

The fat man scoffed and walked back to the bathroom. I expected him to be escorted out by Junichi but instead a peaceful smile and hand guiding towards the exit met my face.

'Surely he won-'

"Sorry? It's company policy to not cause problems. I'll have to ask you to leave for the day, just so that this won't happen again."

'dammit.'

*Timsekip*

*HIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS*

I look at the black cat that rats out of that alleyway. It probably got spooked by my smoothie hitting the trash.

"Whats the point of even trying to be a hero if this is the way your going to be treated."  I muse to myself as I traced through the ally.

"When your annoyed and bored of life traveling through allies is something to do. It's exciting not knowing weather your going to be robbed, beat up, or walk out perfectly fine. And yes, this has happened to me."

I talk to myself as if someone could actually hear me.

I remember the day someone from the Face Border Clan was trying to kill me. Apparently anyone with an abnormal head is hunted by them or something. Luckily my dad was near and that caused them to retreat, of course after taking all my money.

'We'll I guess I should stay positive and just use this as more reason to become a hero. If I'm famous then this shouldn't happen anymore.'

*BOOOOOM*

The ground rumbles and the buildings shake.

'Villains? Should I run and get the police?'

'No what kind of aspiring hero would I be if I didn't try to help. Besides with the scale of that explosion they should have already been notified.'

I subconsciously walk through the alleys as my mind tries to think of what could be happening.

When I walk out into the light chattering and the muffling of explosions could be heard. A huge crowd is stacked in front of an dead end. A variety of heroes standing in front of the crowd, that's behind police tape.

A few Notable ones, stand out too me. Death Arms, Kamui Woods, and Mount Lady overhead.

In the back of the ally where the heroes are watching is some sludge like being. His hands being liquids but having some odd solid like tentacle wrapped around a boy. He seemed to be the source of the rumbling as his hands are constantly exploding.

"AHHHH."

People screamed as pieces of metal came towards them. Luckily Death Arms stopped it.

Some hero I don't know is spraying water to take out the fire around. And Kamui woods is rescuing other middle scholers caught up within that guys explosions.

I walked closer and closer through the crowd to get a better view of the scene. Maybe it was due to my head being odd, maybe it was due to the fear off being too close, but I got through with vary little resistance.

Once reaching the front I see the thrashing, captured boy once again, I'm also in hearing distance to occasionally catch the numerous profane language he's spewing out his mouth.

Some words he spouting hadn't even existed in my vocabulary before. But his cloths id what caught my attention.

'Aldera Junior High Uniforms?'

Aldera Junior High was another school a couple of blocks away from mine. My own was known for being a strict place with a no-violence rule, and I could see Aldera's reckless and bad reputation precede them as I watch one of their, probably strongest students cause mayhem.

"We can't go in. The boys quirk restrict Kamui's, while the villain's physiology (Sludge Body), makes my punches useless. We'll need to wait for someone else who has a quirk that can properly deal with this villain, that boys going to need to hold on. DAMMIT!"

Horror etches itself on my face. (Although almost nobody here could probably tell.)

'Hang on? Can't do anything? That boy may die!'

My feet start to move in that direction. My hands reach in front off me as If I would be able to grab the boy.

'Do something. ANYTHING!'

*Grab*

I snap out of shock when I feel something on my arm. In front of me, grabbing onto my stick-like arm when compared to his, was Death Arms.

My arm was caught in his grasp and they felt as if they were clasped by mountains themselves

"H-he gonna die." My voice shakes as I try to move. My mind was absent. Only the thought of trying to help that boy.

"WE KNOW! BUT YOU'RE JUST GOING TO OFFER YOUR LIFE UP FOR NO REASON. WE NEED TO WAIT FOR THE APPROPRIATE REINFORCEMENTS!"

I struggle as my puny arms in comparison to his are dragged back.

Thrashing does nothing but turn my body as I try to escape. Saving that boy. My mind only had that thought. But will doesn't equal ability.

The crowd noticed my outburst and had long since backed up, I'm halfway over the police line when Death Arms halted.

*Whoosh*

"Idiot! Stop!"

Another boy with green broccoli hair, also wearing Aldera's uniform, ran through the crowd. He hopped the tape and dashed straight into the danger zone.  Death Arms dropped my hands as his own stretched out to stop the boy.

"Kids these days."

"Another one, don't they know how to listen to the heroes?"

"What's wrong with them? Making more work for the heroes."

My body stood there frozen as my eyes were focused on the boy and my ear's listened to the people.

'If only my nozzle worked. Why did that stupid condition have to run in our family.'

*Flashback*

*3rd Pov*

5 year old, Suijin's father stood in front of him.

"Now listen Suijin, our quirk is special. It's been in our family for generations, now, we have a hereditary condition that the quirks barer nozzle won't work unless you are in a situation that put you under a huge amount of pressure and stress.

Once in that situation, the person must desire for their nozzle to open. This isn't the only problem, when your nozzle awakens if you use too much liquid inside your body at once you may die.

We have a metal piece that holds our nozzle together and prevents the features from working properly from birth. It's not uncommon for people in our family to never unlock it. And for those that do they run the risk of dying."

Suijin raised his hand.

"So Dad, our quirks are so cool that we need to be worthy enough to open it."

*Chuckle*

"Sure, you can think of it like that."

*Flashback End*

'Open. Open.OPEN!'

I chant these thoughts in my mind. Saving that boy was my main desire, but as I thought more and more about it, images of those I care about popped in my mind.

'Shoji, Mom, Dad, Mr Akrai, Mrs Aiya.'

I keep trying and after a while finally.

.

.

.

Nothing, fear of leaving this world, fear of death, of remaining useless, flood my mind. My body was back to being pushed into the crowd.  The brave broccoli-haired boy was still charging, he was half way there by now.

'I'm still the same useless Suijin I always was.'

15