Chapter 8: Those who’ve felt the same pain…
190 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap:

"Young Shimizu I myself can’t answer that question."

With a big pazass, a big burly figure walked into the house. The common chiseled features that anyone could point out, along with that strong jawline, his pronounced cheekbones, and bushy eyebrows. And the unmistakable short blond hair swept backwards, resembling bunny ears.

"W-what, a-all might?"

—--

When Suijin looked at the door he wasn’t aware of All Might's presence. He wasn’t paying attention to the big shadow that played in front of the door, nor did he see the two stardns of hair that stuck outside the window above the door due to how tall All might it.

No none of that was perceived by him. Suijin merley chose to do that and look in that direction because he had read somewhere that oding dramatic actions makes you look cool and Suijin has a habit of talking to himself when he’s alone.

—--

*Flashback*

The reason I want to find this boy is because my successor reminded me that there are those who, even while weak, will struggle and will still try to become stronger. And that rather than like everyone else shun them and crush their dreams I will encourage them to reach heights beyond myself."

"A Successor, All MIght this is troublesome, not to mention this boy…Hmm"

Yagi internally sighed. Although he wanted to use that story to push Noamasa into giving him the location the contents he spoke wasn’t false. He really found a successor and when he remembered how that boy was treated yesterday in the crowd and his actions after he regretted it.

______________________________________________________________________

*Flashback End*

"I came to congratulate you on your actions yesterday. Using your quirk may be illegal in public, but you bought some time, allowing me to save those two boys."

Not letting Suijin become modest since he’s experienced many people acting as such, All Might continued.

"Although I may have come at a bad time..." He gestured to the turned-off TV.

"Ah-No this is-"

All Might's eyes grew dark for a second as he scolded himself in his head. He thought back to all those who’ve helped him get to where he is today.

His master, Nana Shimura, Nighteye, Gran Torino. Taking a deep breath, he berated himself one more time before putting on a serious face, which caused Suijin to involuntarily tense up.

"Young Shimizu, I have heard what you’ve said, and I have no answer to that question. I have done a lot in these past years in terms of hero work. " His fights with AFO flashed through his mind, and as they did, the pain in his stomach thumped slightly.

"However, that's no excuse for the #1 hero. I understand that there are many problems in the world. Discrimination, murder, and other crimes are still prevalent despite mine and others' efforts. 

That is why we look to you, the younger generation, to grow up. Passing the mantle of becoming a hero from one generation to the next is a duty for us. "

All Might got up and started towards the door. 

"There are problems in this world that I can’t and haven’t fixed. I have not felt the exact pain that the victims of these problems have and even though I have this title of # 1, I cannot solve every one of these problems. "

A scene of himself when he was younger and had a weak body flashed through All Might's mind. How bitter he felt that he couldn't expose his past and help those who are suffering now.

He spoke with a voice filled with conviction and mixed with anger.

"I can’t understand your pain, nor can I imagine what you’ve gone through. If you resent heroes for these problems occurring, then please put all the blame on myself. "

All Might's head was tilted down. He looked remorseful about his inability to do anything and his helplessness. This same helplessness was what drove him to find his master and why he was on this path.

So he raised his head and took a look at the contorting expression on Suijin's face.

"However, I have seen your actions, and the heart of a hero does dwell within you. Although your life is a mystery to me, I implore you to step foot on the hero's path. You who have the conviction to make a change are most suitable to do something about this society. "

He turned around and opened the door wide, slightly blinding Suijin. He made out the #1’s figure as his last words rang in his ear.

"If you do choose to pursue this path, then I hope you will meet me at the number 1 hero school in Japan."

The image of UA flashed through Suijin's mind, as did that essay he still hadn’t started.

As he looked up, the figure wasn’t there and only the orange dimming lights of the natural sky were within his sight.

‘I quit.’

*3 Hours Later*

Suijin’s parents came home to find the house dark and their son nowhere to be seen. Since they had just come back from drinking, they moved to their bedroom and fell asleep without awareness of the dim light coming from under Suijin's door.

*Pencil Noises*

"Finished."

Suijin, who had finally finished writing and had completed everything needed before going to bed, jumped into the bed before clocking out.

A lone candle that was bound to go out soon lightly illuminated the letter that was just written.

The envelope was addressed "To Ua. From the Shimizu Household."

The summarized contents of the letter were Suijin expressing his admiration for the school. His explains his desire to attend that school and his desire to become a hero.

The last excerpt that was written was, 

"I have come to know recently that change does not start without a single step. That is because without failure, innovation cannot be brought about. I desire to become a hero to change the unjustness of this world.

To preserve and bring about prosperity among the people. I may not get into this school. Maybe I won’t get into the others I applied to either, but I will not stop. 

A great man once said that if one’s heart is strong enough, it can make up for anything else that's lacking. And I’ve recently been told that I have such a heart. So I desire to be given the chance to enter your prestigious school. Even if I don’t get in, my name will not disappear.

~Sincerely Simizu Suijin. "

A single wet spot could be seen on the paper, and thus, with that being said, it was wrapped in an envelope to be sent to UA.

-----

Meanwhile, All Might, who had shrunken at that point and was watching TV, remembered something about the conversation he had with the young spray bottle earlier.

‘I wasn’t supposed to let anyone know I was going to U.A.’ He imagined what Nezu would have him do if he knew that he had leaked this top secret information.

10