Ch. 1
1.9k 4 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the Dark space where many souls rested, there was a Whisp of a Soul, floating and waiting. Whisp knew that this place was the Spirit Realm. A void made where souls of fallen spirits rested before being summoned to a world filled with light, sound and all other interesting things. How did Whisp know this? It wasn't sure.

Since it was able to recall, all its known was darkness. The God of this Realm was the Spirit god, He often would speak with Whisp in a light tone, as if a doting father trying to entertain his child. Though Whisp had never known Who it was, nor what it was. Unlike the souls here it was different.

This void other than the Spirit God Created by the Elemental Gods, there was only Souls of fallen Spirit Beasts that choose not to be reborn, to wait in a deep slumber for someone to call its soul back to the Real Realm. Some times a Soul would form from nothing, though rare. They would take shape as their first summoning took place, following that of the first person to summon it. 

But Whisp wasn't like them, at least that's what The Spirit God said. He'd ramble about how he was bored and lonely, so he took the Idea from the forming souls to create Whisp. He knew he was different, but he still was here, waiting to be summoned. Maybe it was due to the unique birth that it had been unable to hear any call. It's 'Father' had birthed other souls into this place, but none ever made it as long as Whisp. 

The Spirit God wasn't sure why they would soon flicker out, So he'd worked hard to create them over and over, and finally, Whisp was born! His little Whisp! He wanted to dote on the small orb that floated, to give it whatever it wanted. 

But the Spirit Realm wasn't a place for this, it was an endless void of darkness. Of waiting. Unsure if his creation would be able to be summoned, he just tried to pass the time telling stories to the little orb, about cultivators and the Real-world. Using the memories from the Souls in slumber to feed the little one's mind with wonder.

Whisp waited for a really long time, longing for that 'voice' to bring it out, to let it enter into the real world to be able to enjoy the wonderful things it had heard from it's 'father'.

It's floating body of light would flicker, dimming with the passing time. The Spirit God was restless, trying His best to keep his little orb from dying as all the others had. He sent out a plea to the Elemental Gods, requesting them to help save his little Whisp. As they were the ones that Birthed him into this world, then maybe they were able to help little Whisp?

The Elemental gods seemed at a loss of what to do, they never thought that the God they had created to look after the Spirit Realm would in return create a soul of its own to be a 'child' of his. The looked in onto the little orb, slowly sending in a stream of spiritual energy to merge with the faint soul, allowing it to grow brighter again. Giving it a 'tie' to the world. The Spirits born in this realm all had formed from some spiritual energy that had somehow managed to get into this Realm.

The thing the Spirit God had been missing was this 'tether' that allowed the souls to remain. As if awaking, Whisp felt it's soul forming up, seeming less like a gust that would blow away, and more grounded, strong.

The Spirit God thanked the Elemental Gods with much Happiness now that his child wouldn't flicker away again! And so, the waiting continued...

One day, while The Spirit God was busy trying to keep Demonic Cultivators that broke through to forcibly snatched spirits from finding his little Whisp, the little orb heard a soft voice. He searched for the voice within the dark space, seem to be drawn to it.  

The voice was cold and held little warmth to it, but for some reason, it just seemed so....sad, so lonely. Whisp wanted to know why there was such a sad sounding voice. So he followed it. Unknown to Whisp, or the Spirit god, The little orb finally made a contract, following the voice out to be summoned.

55