Ch. 4
1.6k 3 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whisp floated around, gazing at all the things around while following Xing Wu. The male seemed to be ignoring the light orb, following his master with a blank face. The elder male was in a good mood while stroking his beard, thinking while taking his Disciple and the odd little orb back to their mountain peak.

When they arrived, landing on the ground, Xing Wu nodded to his master, starting to head towards his room within the large palace that took up a good deal of the free space on the plateau. It was Large and beautiful, but rather simple.

Whisp followed after him, trying to stay as close as it could to its summoner. Though Xing Wu seemed annoyed at this. What was he supposed to do with this orb? It wouldn't be able to assist him no matter how he thought of it.

"Xing Wu, wait a moment." His master called, causing the male to pause to turn and face his master. The elder gestured for a moment before Xing Wu headed back to his master's side, unsure of why he was stopped.

"Xing Wu, I know you are not happy with this outcome, but trust in me. This summoned spirit will be greatly important if raised right. Don't look down on it because of its appearance right now. Alright? Study hard and when it's about to evolve do give it a lot of thought. I'm sure the being created by the Spirit God will be different than any other spirit beast summoned."

Xing Wu pressed his lips, unwilling to agree with this comment but nodded anyway. It wasn't like he'd disobey the only person who treated him with kindness. His master was the only one who didn't despise him due to his race. So even if he was unwilling, he would still do his best for the Spirit he summoned. Hopefully, it wouldn't turn out too bad.

Turning again, he started for his room once more, though this time he didn't try to keep the Whisp from staying to close. This made Whisp rather happy as it fluttered about in joy.

When the two entered into Xing's room, the male sat onto the bed and looked at the Whisp, who stared back at him in return. Sighing Xing rubbed his forehead as he tried to think of what to do with this useless thing. He agreed to give it a chance but still. How did one raise an orb of light? He wasn't even compatible with light elemental beasts! 

"You...Name?" he finally let out, speaking for the first time to the floating orb. Whisp danced about, using the same method that it spoke with the Spirit god, it's light flickering from one color to the next.

"You can't even talk. How are we going to communicate?" sighing again with annoyance, Xing Wu sat there feeling a bit depressed. 

Whisp who had been rather happy that his summoner finally spoke to him felt down at the words. Though he never truly spoke, the stupid golden orb that said he was its father still understood him right? Why wasn't his master able to?

Feeling the slight depression of not being able to talk, whisp floated about as if trying to figure out what to do, it didn't want its master to hate him.

Like this, several day's passed, Xing went about his cultivation as if nothing had happened. Completely ignoring the Whisp that tried its hardest to keep close to his master. The male seemed uncaring of the little things efforts. Some times even shooing him away in annoyance when the thing got to close.

His heart was cold and uncaring as the orb grew fainter with each passing day. Not giving any thought to the little things weakening state.

It wasn't until his master stopped by to see how they were doing that he realized there was a problem. The little Whisp that normally floated around trying so hard to get his attention was laying on the bed with a dim light, his master seeming confused.

"Boy, I told you to nurture it to help it gain its true form, why is it dying?" the elder asked. 

Xing Wu frowned as he looked at the light. "I cultivated and did what I always do, I even tried to talk to it. But it just flutters about flashing lights. How do I know how to raise it?" he asked as if it wasn't his fault. Though he felt bad that this thing was dying and he'd just realized it.

Whisp was struggling to keep itself from fading completely, it's heart unwilling to go so soon after being summoned. Its dream was to be summoned! How was it supposed to leave so soon? It wasn't willing!

58