Ch. 5
1.5k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elder and the young boy looked at the orb of light resting on the bed, watching as it tried its best to float again. Sighing the elder shook his head as he patted his disciple's shoulder. 

"You really are not a bad person, you know how it is to be judged by others, so why are you so unwilling to give this orb the same chance I gave you? If you truly wanted to accept it as I had asked, you wouldn't unconsciously be denying it's summons." 

Xing Wu paused for a moment as he frowned. True, he always wanted people to accept him as he was instead of judging him due to his half-blooded nature. But here he was judging this little Orb for being what he didn't want. 

Wasn't he acting just like those other students that he hated? He hadn't realized it til now, his heart feeling heave as he looked at the weakening orb. "I'm sorry. I'll do better." he finally said before leaning down to lift the orb up into his hands.

Holding the little Whisp, he sat down and started cultivating again, this time truly trying to connect to the Whisp that floated in his hand.

Feeling the Spiritual Energy entering it, Whisp began to take it in, regardless of the fact that the Elements weren't of the light Element that Xing Wu seemed to place him as, the orb began to brighten again, growing brighter as energy entered him.

Like this, they sat for another month, the process was slow. Xing Wu's master had left him to focus while heading out to do some other things. Time passing by in a flash.

When Xing Wu finally opened his eyes. He looked at the bright orb obediently sitting in his palm, seeming even brighter than when he summoned it.

Whisp felt it's body filled to the brim with the spiritual energy that his master had given him. Not only had it managed to replenish what was lost, but it was also able to even feel it's soul changing. 

Slowly the light fluctuated around the orb, strange runes appearing before Xing Wu as it hovered in front of him, the runes forming words that he understood. Thankfully his master had taught him how to read runes, or he'd be at a loss at this moment.

There were 4 different options before him, listing the different paths that his spirit beast would be able to follow.

Shadow Beast: Is able to gain great ability with shadows, and will become great at sneaking and hiding. Perfect for Demonic cultivation. Loses the ability to harmonize with other elements as well as further evolutions.

Ice Beast: Will be able to control ice and have a great fighting power. Perfect shield and good at being the defense power of the summoner. Loses the ability to harmonize with other elements as well as further evolutions.

Lighting Beast:  Great lighting ability's and will be best at attacking. Will also be able to fight against opponents that are one level higher than itself. The downside is that it wouldn't have hardly any defense against attacks and would have a lowered ability at healing.  Loses the ability to harmonize with other elements as well as further evolutions.

Golden Beast: Is able to continue cultivating all Elements and would be great at Healing and support. Will also gain further Evolutions and magic ability's. Will be unable to defend itself when not with its master, will be weak when alone.

Xing Wu frowned as he read the options. Why was these evolutions so stupid? What Demonic cultivation? What was this about losing the other elements and being limited in cultivating? wasn't this just to force him to pick the last one? Why should he protect the spirit beast he summoned?

The spirit beast was supposed to be his fight power, not his healer! Though Xing Wu figured it wouldn't matter. He was strong enough without the Spiritual Beast, so why would it matter if its only purpose was healing him after fights or giving aid when in desperate moments? At least it wouldn't be limited with its ability to cultivate.

What more was the information about another evolution? The other three rejected this while this one allowed it? Hmmm...

Unsure of what to choose, Xing Wu sat there while pondering. Time slowly passed by until he was brought from his thoughts as his Master entered the room.

"You finished?" the elder asked walking over, he was able to see the odd light but not the runes.

"Master help. I don't know what to pick." Xing Wu said pointing at the runes, though his master seemed puzzled. Tilting his head he began to explain as the eyes of the other light up with understanding. 

"I can't see them due to not being connected. Just tell me what the options are and we'll talk it over." the elder said softly.

52