Ch. 6
1.5k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After explaining the options the runes gave, Xing wu sat there with his master standing at his side. Both thinking for a while, neither spoke.

Whisp at this moment was still in a state of slumber while its soul waited for the evolution it would get. The light that formed the runes dimming slightly as time passed.

Xing Wu noticed this and finally broke the silence. "I think times running out, Master. I don't really think any of these are a match for me, what Spirit Beast is as awful as this? To gain the ability to be shielded or the ability to have another means to fight but unable to strengthen it as I grow stronger? Or healing and support but unable to protect itself while alone? How is this fair?"

Master Lua stifled a laugh, his little disciple was throwing a tantrum! How he'd long for the day the ice block expressed himself more! This was a good sign. "Honestly the last one seems perfect for you. Despite the notion that spirit beasts are bound to fight for their master or protect them, you are great at fighting, so one for healing would be better suited for you." He began.

"Healing powers are great and would mean you wouldn't have a need to rely on spiritual pills. Less money to spend on those useless things," he stated calmly.

Xing Wu sighed with frustration but nodded. He did have a high affinity with attacking and defense. Like the options for the spirit beast, his elements were highlighted greatly. Though he didn't use his shadow nature for demonic cultivation despite it is best suited for it.

Finally, he gave up struggling with his decision finally choosing the last option. "Is future evolution better be better than this," he muttered to himself, getting a laugh out of his master as the light faded and the energy around began to form around the light orb.

Whisp felt the pull of its soul, calling the elements to it as it filled it passed the barrier that its soul's shell had formed. The light around its soul brightening as it blocked the two from seeing its form being created.

The tingling feeling washed over it. The lightly dimming when the evolution was completed. Instead of an orb of light, in the palm of Xing Wu's hand was a small furry animal. It was small enough to fit in his palm perfectly. The furry thing slowly lifted its head up, looking at Xing Wu with bright silver eyes.

Xing Wu looked down at the thing in his palm almost unsure. "Master...what is it?"

Master Lua was taken back as he looked at the furry little thing. Though it was rather adorable, he too wasn't sure what to really call the beast.

Its body was small and fluffy with white fur that held black stripes. It looked like the marking's of a tiger, but also looked like it was a wolf? Though that wasn't really right either...both of the males looked at the beast with unsure gazes.

Whisp shifted its weight onto its paws trying to stand. It was the first form it had, so it wasn't used to standing. The most it did was float around!

With a shift, the little thing opened its little muzzle and let out a sound that fights neither a wolf nor a tiger. It sounded like a soft squeak from a fox! What more the fluffy tail that seemed larger than its body began to part, turning into 9 different tails, waving around behind the little beasts small body.

Both master and disciple simply were unable to understand what this little thing was. A tiger? A wolf? Or a fox? It was really misleading.

Coughing, Master Lua shifted slightly. "Well, I always knew you'd summon something different from anything else. You got a really...." he started but wasn't even able to finish his statement. This was honestly too odd! 

Whisp let out another speak as it shifted in Xing wu's palm, nuzzling its little head against the male's hand while letting out a sound that seemed as if it purred. Does any of those beasts purr? what was going on here?!

Xing Wu knitted his brows as he looked at the beast, feeling his mind going blank with unsure feelings bubbling out. "Well... At least this thing is cute," he muttered finally as he shifted to set the little thing down. 

"Well, now a name I suppose." His master said as if trying to keep his student from losing too much faith in this spirit beast.

"Ah yeah...wait..is it male or female?" he asked after a moment, both looking at the fluff ball sitting on the bed trying its best to get up on its feet.

54