Ch. 10
1.3k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Xing Wu and Sol stood to the side, ignoring the few comments tossed out by the medic, the Elder that would be leading the party finally arrived. It was someone that Sol hadn't met before, and behind the Elder was a young woman who wasn't really a beauty that would cause ruins but she wasn't ugly either.

Sol shifted his head as he looked at the Senior lady, her gaze shifting to Xing Wu before turning to Sol. It might have been the light, but it seemed like her gaze turned softer at seeing him. 

Xing Wu ignored the look and continued petting the fluffball in his arms, waiting for the Elder to start.

Master Yao coughed while shifting her gaze from one student to the next, making an internal count of who was there. Though she did this, it was as if she was completely ignoring Xing Wu who stood to the side. Like it didn't matter if he showed up or not.

"We'll be going to the Hyan Peak to look through some ruins that were found by the locals. It seems that there are many traps and Beasts that lurk around the ruins and if normal folk get to close the beasts attack without restraint. The Medics will stay at the campsite for the most part while the rest goes to look and find anything of importance. All will be given a signal flair to shoot off if there is anything wrong." she said to the students before her.

Finally, the Elder woman turned to look at Xing Wu, passing for a moment. "You weren't supposed to go, but Elder Lua asked it as a favor, as to help your Spirit Beast get some experience. You'll be left to your own party while the rest will be teamed up in groups of two." her tone was bland as if it were normal that there weren't enough people to party up with Xing Wu.

Xing Wu didn't comment on it but just nodded. He was used to the Elders other than his master often making this harder for him. They were always purposefully making it so he had no help while out on missions in the hope that he'd fail or die. Either he'd get punished or wouldn't come back. Though the always seemed to hope for the latter.

Sol frowned as he looked at the Elder with a confused look. 'Master, why does she dislike you? I don't get it. They are all stupid. Not one of them are good But this is the Righteous sect, right? So why are they so mean?' The little thing really didn't understand. His so-called father always said that the righteous sect was filled with good people, and those who were evil were devils or demonic cultivators.

But his master was half-devil and his heart was much better. Though he was a bit cold and tended to say some mean things, he didn't really have any ill intent on anyone.

Xing Wu frowned as he tried to figure out how to explain to the little guy, he himself wasn't sure what he'd done wrong either. "I suppose they just don't think someone with Devil blood is good, even if it's only half," he said finally. His tone was still soft so that only Sol was able to hear him.

Sol frowned before nodding slightly. 'Then they'll just be wrong. You'll make it to the top and show the world that not everything is how they think. Oh! I'll help. I'll show them the true colors of those who claim to be 'Good' while showing the world how you are the best!' He said with glee.

Leave it to the little fluff ball to think of something like showing the world the true colors of one's soul. There honestly wasn't 'Good' and 'Evil' based on how the world thought. It was the person itself that made one good or bad, not their Race.

Xing Wu stifled a laugh as he began to step onto is sword the floated to the side. It was finally time to head out. Before he was able to follow through, the Senior SIster called out to him, walking over to hand him something. "Master Lua asked me to give this to you," she said with a neutral tone while still glancing at Sol.

Xing Wu knitted his brows before taking to the small bag before nodding. "Many thanks, Senior Sister Lian," he said before nodding to her and then hurrying after the rest that had already left.

Siste Lian took a step back, watching as the two took off before finally sighing and heading back to her peak. She really didn't understand how someone so stiff was able to call something so adorably cute. The heavens were truly unfair. While her Spirit beast was a horrid frog!

Really sorry for Posting so late and only 1 Chapter. I had work today and prob won't be able to get another one in until my next day off. ;w; Sadly work is a thing, and Plus I'm moving *sigh*

45